User Tag List

Page 124 of 146 FirstFirst ... 24 74 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... LastLast
Results 2,092 to 2,108 of 2473
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's heartbreaking Cillu! Btw how do you find the ZM67 strings....I love them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats why i always give in to my partner when i know he is near me ... dont want to end up clashing and ends up like yours, cillu .... looks bad, i feel for you~!! Nice red grip and string~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is very depressing Cillu I haven't experienced any hard clashes yet myself, but seems a lot of people post about their MX80s breaking from clashes... I better be careful myself Hope you can get a new racket soon!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the kind words guys. Now I'll be patiently waiting for the new Precision by PP.

Quote Originally Posted by Renmazuo27 View Post
    That's heartbreaking Cillu! Btw how do you find the ZM67 strings....I love them!
    I used the old zm67s on my T2 before I sold it and I loved them, that's why I wanted to try the new version. However, I didn't get to even smash with it before that clash happened.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So there's a new version ZM67! I was wondering how you got red ones.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. The thread is here for more information: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...its-ZyMax-Line!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well what do you know, in addition to the MX80 MBS is also stocking the BS10! I wonder if / hope that it's the 2nd gen ones with only "Sword" at 5 o'clock, and that it's spec'd at S Ooooo F unlike the slightly flexier TW new spec BS10. Perhaps Winston can comment on it here himself?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure it's the new look with only "Sword" on the frame - the other ones went out of production a while back, and as Victor products are new on MBS, I really doubt they got old stock from somewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah true, though I think the stiffness is the deciding factor for me. If it's the flexier version, I'll pass but if it's still stiff then I'll give it some thought in the future. Though if the MX80 is really a balance between the BS10 and SW35 then I'll probably just get that and skip the other two :P

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll tell you what - if I could have Winston stock only two Victors, they'd be the MX80 and BS10. No two better examples to start with.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm I think a softer Bravesword would be a better example actually, but it's two great rackets to start selling Victor with
    I guess the next should be SW37, BS12, MX70 - to accomodate those with arms softer than steel
    Used the MX a few weeks back for one session - incredible. Smashes were at 60-70% (at least felt like that), but drives and defense were unbelievable. I guess it's a super rewarding racket if you're not too concerned about max power and have a quicker swing than I do....
    For me, the softer BS range is ideal as I can get incredible power out of short swings and even increase my already impressive range by gripping a bit lower than with a head heavier model. Coming from a short stint (until the first break) to head heavy models I believe you should choose your racket according to your strengths, and work on your weaknesses by training them rather than try to even out strengths and weaknesses by getting a racket to improve a weak area.
    My smashes are certainly better with my BS09 than with 80-90% of the other rackets lying around in my room. And with the fresh 28x30 BG66UM, it should be breathtaking - can't wait to test it out tomorrow

PS: Anyone in Europe needing an MX80? Mine's collecting dust as we speak^^ Grip and string can be changed free of labour (i.e. only material paid).
    Also, if something feels 'right', stick with it. Don't change. There's nothing better than having a racket in your hand that feels like an extension of your arm, even if you have to admit any errors made are your own and not due to a weakness of the racket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with choosing a racket to play to your strengths - the Cai Yun theory hasn't worked out so well for me. I love my BS11's way more than my old 900P!

It's good to see that the MX80 is an improvement on the Arc8DX, cause I really like mine. When I tried it, the MX80 seemed like it would suit my game well, it just had a way too high tension. 28 pounds with the added 1-2 pound feel from Meteors was too much to handle. Its stiffness might be too much too, shaft stiffness doesn't bother my arm like too high tension does but it'll prevent me from getting enough power. So hopefully my new MX60 and Pro 9000 will offer a good balance! I'd love to give the MX80 another go in the future though.
    Last edited by BlueTornado; 05-20-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cai Yun theory? As in, choosing a racket that usually would be considered bad for your style of play?
    I don't know, world class players can't really be judged by normal standards - they all seem to use anything they feel comfortable with. I find Septano/Ahsan the funniest - the back court player using the NS9900, and the net player the VT70....I was quite confused when I saw that particular combination the first time, wondering why they were so comfortable in their weaker formation

Anyway, if the MX80 felt a little stiff, giving a softer Meteor a go is a good decision, although personally I would've tried the MX70 first. Not only is it not an eyesore, I also fear that a little of that crisp Meteor-feeling might be lost the softer the shaft gets...and as the MX was so quick, I didn't need much more 'help' from the shaft. Similar to the BS10, which I find to be very powerful, because the quickness and stiff shaft work well together for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well not necessarily bad for your style of play, but just like what you were saying before - choosing a racket to make up for your shortcomings and even out the strengths and weaknesses.

What, you don't like that bright yellow??! All the good reviews on the MX60 were too much to resist and I got it at a better price than I would have from Eric I think it'll be a good companion to the BS11.

While I do love MX80's stiffness for the power and especially for the pinpoint control since I play a lot of forecourt, I didn't think it'd be the best choice for when I have to smash a lot in the back or in singles. I'll probably try it again later after I play with some new toys and demos that I have coming in first

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The M80's height is the only thing stopping me getting one - 300+ is too tall for all-round doubles. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: Victor needs an extra-stiff head-light on its books. Oh, and they need a G5-equivalent grip size.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's definitely not too head heavy for doubles. The Victor numbers can't always be trusted, remember all the Braveswords had 300+ ratings...it's head heavy, but only slightly. The AT900T, a wide-spread doubles racket, is way heavier.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ j4ckie is correct. The mx80's dry bp is around 292-295mm but feels 5mm less as it swings faster due to the octablade aero design.

Mark A get one, you don't know what you've been missing!