User Tag List

Page 125 of 146 FirstFirst ... 25 75 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 2,109 to 2,125 of 2473
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^^ j4ckie is correct. The mx80's dry bp is around 292-295mm but feels 5mm less as it swings faster due to the octablade aero design.

Mark A get one, you don't know what you've been missing!
    Hmm... I got some G5 handles lying around; I suppose I could do a transplant and stuff one with weights to get 285...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im about to buy another racket , its either mx 80 or 60 . saw alot of good reviews of mx 80 in terms of good smashes and sharpness but im afraid that i could not handle the stiffness of it . im currently using apacs lethal 50 which i think is stiff , how much more stiffer is the mx 80 ? does anyone knows ?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend the 60. It's just a nicer feeling racket.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackcaz View Post
    im about to buy another racket , its either mx 80 or 60 . saw alot of good reviews of mx 80 in terms of good smashes and sharpness but im afraid that i could not handle the stiffness of it . im currently using apacs lethal 50 which i think is stiff , how much more stiffer is the mx 80 ? does anyone knows ?
    It really depends on your play style, swing speed and explosiveness. I have all three: mx80, 70, 60... and I very much prefer 80 for its directness and immediacy which is incredible for tactical play. When I need a tad more power at the expense of accuracy, the 70 is what I pick up. The 60, meh, not for me despite all those "glowing" reviews. So YMMV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    It really depends on your play style, swing speed and explosiveness. I have all three: mx80, 70, 60... and I very much prefer 80 for its directness and immediacy which is incredible for tactical play. When I need a tad more power at the expense of accuracy, the 70 is what I pick up. The 60, meh, not for me despite all those "glowing" reviews. So YMMV.
    What happened to your Pro 9k? / where does it fit in to your needs nowadays relative to the 80 and 70?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    What happened to your Pro 9k? / where does it fit in to your needs nowadays relative to the 80 and 70?
    At the same wt and bp, my Pro9k is just a tad flexier than mx70, making it more user friendly in terms of accessible power yet quite accurate, but it is also slower due to less aero cross section.

The mx60 is just way too flexy for me... the racket head and shaft lag completely throws off my timing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you still find the 9k more accurate than the 70? (Trying to see if a 70 is worth getting or just the 80)

You selling the 60?
    Last edited by BlueTornado; 05-25-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    Do you still find the 9k more accurate than the 70? (Trying to see if a 70 is worth getting or just the 80). You selling the 60?
    Hard to say... they're so close. But I do prefer the 70 more as it's faster despite being head heavier. Get both 80 and 70 and decide for yourself! For me both are among some of the very best rackets from Victor. I select one or the other depending on my mood, play style, and my opponents.

The 60 I'm thinking of putting up for sale as it's not working out with me, but I'd prefer locally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm.. my next Eric purchase won't be for quite awhile and I'm pretty sure MX80 and SW35 will be in it - both felt really nice. Hard to justify a 3rd, even as much as I love that icy blue look (could you tell that blue is my favorite color??! :P)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is the mx 80 easier to play with than yonex vt 80 ? i had played with vt 80 , but felt hard to play with especially when i got tired .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackcaz View Post
    is the mx 80 easier to play with than yonex vt 80 ? i had played with vt 80 , but felt hard to play with especially when i got tired .
    Well it depends on the player but yes, I think the MX80 is easier to handle the the VT80, but thats just me haha.

Just ordered mine! It came prestrung by seller with VS850 at 23 lbs... I might have to increase tension in the future but I'll see how it works for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yesss MX 80 is easier to handle than VT 80. I can't afford to play with VT 80 after one game. But MX 80 has also a negative side, it is too stiff for me, and causing elbow pain. I bought BS LYD, it is very good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mx80?? Stiff?? I canflexit so easily.. Ive been playing almost 8 hours a week with my MX 80 and i dont have even the slightest pain.. And I never worked out. Im a little weakling.you must be exremely weak then

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KohKoh View Post
    Mx80?? Stiff?? I canflexit so easily.. Ive been playing almost 8 hours a week with my MX 80 and i dont have even the slightest pain.. And I never worked out. Im a little weakling.you must be exremely weak then
    It's the hard hitters that get the problems Great racket but you end up disabled... I use mx70 a lot more now and my joints are much better. Noticed mx80 requires better focus, tighter timming, it's difficult but extremely rewarding.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps you got a naturally quick swing or a fake racket then The MX80 IS super stiff, no matter how easy or hard anyone finds it to bend. Fact is that the shaft is really hard. Apart from that, physical strength (or a lack of it) does not necessarily mean one can bend a racket more easily (or not), as good technique and the explosiveness of the movement are decisive for that as well. Also, quite a few players confuse the feeling of the strings giving way with bending the shaft, so maybe you're not bending the racket quite as much as you say....looking at how little pros like Kim Sa Rang and Jung Jae Sung bend it on 260+-smashes, I can't help but be a little doubtful...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, yes for a guy who is 40, play 4x a week (12 hours a week), smash and drive a lot. My elbow is not my servant anymore. wait till your reach your "golden age" koh koh, ha ha ha. Please don't get mad. cheers

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are a sad, sad little man, and I pity you.