User Tag List

Page 127 of 146 FirstFirst ... 27 77 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,143 to 2,159 of 2473
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You just have to have a sharper snap to your pronation.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably a timing issue, it's slightly stiffer than the NS9900 and a lot quicker, so I would guess your timing is slightly off. If the string setup the same as with your other rackets? If not, that might be a reason, and MAYBE the different pattern really has a slight influence on the behaviour of the string (meaning it could actually behave like a 1-2lbs harder string and throw off your timing). I tend to get flat smashes when I'm not used to a racket and the shuttle "slips" (feels like it's dragged all over the racket^^) and when I try to put too much power into a smash and the shaft doesn't flex back as much as it should. Somehow I don't think you're bending the shaft too much

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my mx80 yesterday with vs800 @26lbs. I had a singles game with it and my shots felt very accurate and the racquet very responsive. Slice drop shots seemed to be unbelievably good compared to my zslash with BG66UM but I didn't get a chance to properly try out smashes since I need to regrip it to suit me first. Will be playing with it more over the next couple of days but I'm sure this is a winner

Name:  IMG_0527.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  70.4 KB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I mean instead of the shuttle coming down after playing a smash, it travels much straighter instead of going towards the ground.
    Maybe slightly slicing the shuttle? If you aren't pronating fully then everything goes really flat. I know from experience as my shoulder used to lock out rather than allowing me to pronate, so everything went flat, really flat.

If you are switching a lot from ns9900, sw35, mx80 the change in head weight might also mess things up a bit. Maybe the extra weight of the sw35 that you expect isn't there so you are under or over pronating in your shots. I am theorising slightly though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The more I read the reviews for MX60 and MX80, the more confuse I am. Some said 60 is morepower and some said the 80. Some said 80 is faster and some said the 60.

My personal view, badminton racket is very similar to golf club. In golf, there are differentf lex for each model – regular flex (medium flex), stiff and x-stiff. For stronger players with high swing speed, when they use stiff or x-stiff shaft they can flex the shaft and get the whipping effect to launce the ball higher and get longer distance. Same for badminton racket, stronger player can flex the stiff shaft racket and generate power when smashing. For them the MX60 flext oo much and low accuracy. That why they say MX80 is more powerful than 60.

For weaker golf players they can’t flex the stiff shaft and the ball go flat and shorter distance. If they change to regular flex then they can flex the shaft and whip the ball and launce it higher to get longer distance too. But with stiffer shaft the weaker players will get more accurate shot though. Same to weaker badminton players, they can only flex the MX60 shaft and generate power when smash. But when they play MX80 they cannot flex the shaft although they get more accurate and faster shots due to more rigid shaft.

The important thing is here. When weaker players try to generate more power from the stiff rackets, they started to swing harder and faster in order to flex the shaft. They why they got shoulder, arm and elbow pain. If they swing over the limit injury happen.

That is whywe have MX60, MX70 and MX80 with different flex for different players’ strengthand ability. Thereis not one racket better than the others.

So my advice is choose the right racket depending on your strength. Swing within yourself. Swing within your limit. Do not over swing. Do not injure yourself. We want to have a good game and we want to play as long aswe can. If you injured, you shorten your badminton life and retire early.

In golf, there is a swing speed monitor device to measure your swing speed so you can select the suitable or recommended flex shaft. I think badminton industry should have a swing speed (smash) measurement device too to measure the racket head speed (not arm speed). And this will help each player to select the right racket.

Lastly hope everybody enjoy the badminton game and stay healthy. Cheers.
    Last edited by cmteo; 06-13-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ Very well said! I've also postulated before about being able to measure your swing speed, snap, and release in badminton much like already done in golf equipment customization. Then you can match your swing style with a particular racket that has the right swing weight and stiffness.

However I'd imagine that most racket manufacturers would lose money as we would then easily customize the perfect racket that matches us and not have to go through and buy and test 10 different rackets in order to find the best match for us.
    Last edited by visor; 06-13-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just get myself a MX80 after being a long time SW35 user. After trying out the first few session, what I feel between these 2 rackets is the head heaviness of them. The stiffness is almost the same but the big difference is the smash and speed. The MX80 definitely has the better speed in defence and drive. The swing is much more lighter and faster than the SW35. But in smashing, with SW35 my smash is much more steeper than the MX80. Maybe I still need to get use to it. The smash using the MX80 from rear court for first few session is FLAT! Now I can experience what the forumers say about head heaviness and smashing. The rating of these two is almost same maybe the specs and tech in it makes the difference. I will try to pronate more using MX80 and see the result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New rackets always take some time to adjust. I had the same problem with my MX80 coming from an Arc ZS. After a few sessions it all came through.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the balancepoint of the MX80?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nauroa View Post
    What is the balancepoint of the MX80?
    Mine with strings and an rkep overgrip has a bp of 294mm. Most are around the 295mm mark plus or minus a few mm.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBadmint View Post
    Mine with strings and an rkep overgrip has a bp of 294mm. Most are around the 295mm mark plus or minus a few mm.
    Yep, that's about right.

But Nauroa, don't forget that swing wt is more indicative of playing bp than a static bp. Ie you also have to take into account the total wt and and how the mass is distributed on the frame.
    Last edited by visor; 07-02-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Yep, that's about right.

But Nauroa, don't forget that swing wt is more indicative of playing bp than a static bp. Ie you also have to take into account the total wt and and how the mass is distributed on the frame.
    Noted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, I find that the MX80's weight is distributed more around the sides of frame towards the T-Joint. I'd say at 4 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions. To give a comparison, basically all the head weight of a Voltric 80 is focused at the 12 o'clock position.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds promising. I'm not a fan of rackets that feel very head heavy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone want trade mx80 with my sw35? haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually play with BG80 @ 11kg on a stiff racket.

When I get my MX80:
    - Should I string at a bit lower tension because of the 80 grommet system?
    - Would it make sense to change to a string with a softer feel because of the extra racket stiffness?
    - Is there actually any softer string with the same punch and durability as BG80? (I tried 66UM but the way it feels completely dead after 2 weeks made we quit it fast)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nauroa View Post
    I usually play with BG80 @ 11kg on a stiff racket.

When I get my MX80:
    - Should I string at a bit lower tension because of the 80 grommet system?
    - Would it make sense to change to a string with a softer feel because of the extra racket stiffness?
    - Is there actually any softer string with the same punch and durability as BG80? (I tried 66UM but the way it feels completely dead after 2 weeks made we quit it fast)
    I've got vs850 on mine at 1 lb lower than my mx70, in order to mitigate the mx80's extra stiff shaft.

vs850 is considered by many to be the closest in hard feel to bg80, just a tad softer... which is helpful in alleviating the mx80's harsh shaft

Only problem with vs850, as you may well know, is that it looses tension somewhat in the first 2 weeks. If you pre stretch it manually, it'll loose less tension. Or alternatively, many people also suggest stringing it at 2 lbs higher and allow it to fall to your target tension over 2 weeks.

Whatever you do, don't use bg80 on mx80! It'll be very harsh...