User Tag List

Page 128 of 146 FirstFirst ... 28 78 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,160 to 2,176 of 2473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

- Yes, u should string your MX80 with lower 1 or 2lbs compared to normal racket string setup.
    - Yes, it makes sense to use softer string in an extra stiff racket so that u can unleash power from it easier. I used BG80 on my MX80 which was too hard for me to unleash its power compared to my previous BG66 string.
    - Yes, the softer string with the same durability like BG80 is the BG80 power and at the same time it can give u good punch.

Just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I've got vs850 on mine at 1 lb lower than my mx70, in order to mitigate the mx80's extra stiff shaft.

vs850 is considered by many to be the closest in hard feel to bg80, just a tad softer... which is helpful in alleviating the mx80's harsh shaft

Only problem with vs850, as you may well know, is that it looses tension somewhat in the first 2 weeks. If you pre stretch it manually, it'll loose less tension. Or alternatively, many people also suggest stringing it at 2 lbs higher and allow it to fall to your target tension over 2 weeks.
    have you tried the NGY99 with the MX60/80?
    based on specs, this string is quite promising.
    A softer feel than the BG80 and better control than the slippery NGY98.
    Last edited by bakulaw; 07-03-2012 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bakulaw View Post
    have you tried the NGY99 with the MX60/80?
    based on specs, this string is quite promising.
    A softer feel than the BG80 and better control than the slippery NGY98.
    I have nbg99 on mx60. Trying to get used to racket after coming from mid-balance TPro with zymax 67.

Biggest difficulties for me now cut/slice shots and some nets, but it's hard to tell how much is due to string. I definitely think there is a lack of control on the slice drops compared to the zymax.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    I have nbg99 on mx60. Trying to get used to racket after coming from mid-balance TPro with zymax 67.

Biggest difficulties for me now cut/slice shots and some nets, but it's hard to tell how much is due to string. I definitely think there is a lack of control on the slice drops compared to the zymax.
    Thanks for the feedback. Did you have difficulties because the string is "gripping" the bird too much? (can be corrected by tweaking the stroke)
    or because of the lack of consistency of the amount of bite/grip? (ie., the string will sometimes bite into the shuttlecock and sometimes will not)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd never say it grips too much. It feels too hard/repulsive on those shots. and it is 1lb less than my normal zymax tension (tpro zymax - 26lb)

Just my opinion after ~8hrs with string and racket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got vs850 on mine at 1 lb lower than my mx70, in order to mitigate the mx80's extra stiff shaft.

vs850 is considered by many to be the closest in hard feel to bg80, just a tad softer... which is helpful in alleviating the mx80's harsh shaft

Only problem with vs850, as you may well know, is that it looses tension somewhat in the first 2 weeks. If you pre stretch it manually, it'll loose less tension. Or alternatively, many people also suggest stringing it at 2 lbs higher and allow it to fall to your target tension over 2 weeks.

Whatever you do, don't use bg80 on mx80! It'll be very harsh...
    BG80 on any Meteor doesn't feel good because Meteors all have very stiff, direct feeling frames. Although BG80 @ 25lbs and MX60 are very usable by themselves, they feel way too sharp together.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever you do, don't use bg80 on mx80! It'll be very harsh...
    I went a got a couple of packages of vs850, ZM65 and ZM67 along with my MX80.
    That'll give me something to try out.
    If it makes sense to string 1-2lbs lower because of the 80 hole system and the vs850 drops 1-2lbs after a couple of weeks. Maybe I should just go ahead and string the vs850 at my normal tension and everything will be fine. We'll have to wait and see.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nauroa View Post
    I went a got a couple of packages of vs850, ZM65 and ZM67 along with my MX80.That'll give me something to try out.If it makes sense to string 1-2lbs lower because of the 80 hole system and the vs850 drops 1-2lbs after a couple of weeks. Maybe I should just go ahead and string the vs850 at my normal tension and everything will be fine. We'll have to wait and see.
    Sounds like a good plan. I'll also be receiving some zm65 in the next few days. I'll compare to my beloved vs850 and report back.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good plan. I'll also be receiving some zm65 in the next few days. I'll compare to my beloved vs850 and report back.
    Can't wait for the ZM65 to arrive. Will also give feedback v ZM67 (if I can ever break them )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to share my experience of the Mx80 and Zymax strings, I've been using ZM67's @ 26lb in one of my MX80's and it is crisp and loud when you get it dead center though net shots feel blunt. Just recently tried ZM65 also @ 26lb in my MX London and it was even sharper, net shots had even more feedback.

Have just got my other MX80 strung with ZM65 @ 26lb, will get that back tomorrow so I'll be able to give you a little report, post sesh wise.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renmazuo27 View Post
    Just to share my experience of the Mx80 and Zymax strings, I've been using ZM67's @ 26lb in one of my MX80's and it is crisp and loud when you get it dead center though net shots feel blunt. Just recently tried ZM65 also @ 26lb in my MX London and it was even sharper, net shots had even more feedback.

Have just got my other MX80 strung with ZM65 @ 26lb, will get that back tomorrow so I'll be able to give you a little report, post sesh wise.
    How about ZM62?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have mixed feelings about the Zymax 62... I use it on a Ashaway Woventech XW 1000 (similar to a BS 12) @ 26lb and everything pings off it. Smashes are hard and fast, though this could be attributed to the racquet itself. The feeling is well defined in this string as you feel net shots and blocks are very crisp and pronounced.

I also used it on an AT900T at 26lb and snapped it 5mins into a warm up. This was due to a mishit but I was a bit concerned about the 62's breaking easily if mishit.

Now back to the Zymax 65... I had a good feel of it in my freshly strung MX80. All I can say is wow....I am so utterly impressed by it that I'm going to get my rackets re strung with the 65. Coupled with the MX80's speed and stiffness, the power and sound was amazing! My drives were almost reaching the doubles service line and any wrist shots/ drives or smashes were very impressive.

Feedback was great and at .65 I think the gauge is just right for me. I almost liken it to BG80 but a bit thinner and duller in the sound aspect (Zymax 65 doesn't have that nice ping when you play net shots) but sounds equally aggressive when a smash is played.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renmazuo27 View Post
    I have mixed feelings about the Zymax 62... I use it on a Ashaway Woventech XW 1000 (similar to a BS 12) @ 26lb and everything pings off it. Smashes are hard and fast, though this could be attributed to the racquet itself. The feeling is well defined in this string as you feel net shots and blocks are very crisp and pronounced.

I also used it on an AT900T at 26lb and snapped it 5mins into a warm up. This was due to a mishit but I was a bit concerned about the 62's breaking easily if mishit.

Now back to the Zymax 65... I had a good feel of it in my freshly strung MX80. All I can say is wow....I am so utterly impressed by it that I'm going to get my rackets re strung with the 65. Coupled with the MX80's speed and stiffness, the power and sound was amazing! My drives were almost reaching the doubles service line and any wrist shots/ drives or smashes were very impressive.

Feedback was great and at .65 I think the gauge is just right for me. I almost liken it to BG80 but a bit thinner and duller in the sound aspect (Zymax 65 doesn't have that nice ping when you play net shots) but sounds equally aggressive when a smash is played.
    Thats great

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi fans here: Is Jung Sung using MX 80 now, or his new JJS racket ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meteor mx-jjs now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny how it all depends. I have BG80 on my MX80 and I'm very happy with it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different people different opinion