User Tag List

Page 30 of 146 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 80 130 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i noticed the 3 MX80's @ Eric is gone, along with the reel of VS-850.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    ayayay, put up more vs-850, Eric!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor Canada has the new models now, they shipped to me today: BS12, MX80 and Spira 22 ......

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSX View Post
    Victor Canada has the new models now, they shipped to me today: BS12, MX80 and Spira 22 ......
    nice. gonna go check with Victor USA tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSX View Post
    check your email inbox plz! ^^

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    that was fast!

sorry! druss and i were the culprits who drained his supply in a few hrs of listing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone

Im quite interested in the MX80 and I hope i can have some advice from you guys.
    Im currently using Yonex Arc Z Slash for both single and double and I have to say i love this racquet a lot!
    I love the balance and the swing speed of ArcZ. However, the sweet spot area of ArcZ is relatively smaller than other racquets.
    I used to use MP100 and nanospeed9000X before ArcZ. I love these racquets too.

Do you guys think MX80 will be a good replacement for ArcZ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    The MX80 is readily available from Chris at Victor Singapore, so I don't want to hear anyone esp iin Malaysia complaining about availability
    Yo Maklike, how much is it selling in Singapore? I'll be going down next week. Thanks!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To those that are worried abt the stiffness of the MX80, dun worry too much...it's not that difficult to handle....personally i've being using headlight to even balanced, flexible racquets most of the time b4 using this "extreme" MX80....it takes juz a little while getting used to it.....now is a matter of finding the right strings and repulsion to match the racquet i feel....i juz broke my VS650 (0.66mm) string after using it for 6 sessions....so now i'm going to use back my regular string (BG80) at my regular repulsion....if it works out well enuff, then i could safely say this will be 1 of the permanent racquet i'm using....occassionally i'm still switching to my BS11 if i'm slightly tired and need more repulsion from the racquet itself....no doubt it's stiffer, but i'm trying out a lesser tension to try and compensate it and hopefully get the best out of the racquet according to my requirement...hehe...anyway the paintwork is really nice and looks more durable so far compared to BS11....to 1 bro who was asking whether it's woven, yes the frame portion got a portion of woven pattern....shaft there isnt any

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Porky, I got the Meteor recently too. Feel the same as you...not that extreme...just need some time to get used to it. I'm really liking it too...wonder how many Singaporeans have bought one from Chris so far? =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Porky View Post
    To those that are worried abt the stiffness of the MX80, dun worry too much...it's not that difficult to handle....personally i've being using headlight to even balanced, flexible racquets most of the time b4 using this "extreme" MX80....it takes juz a little while getting used to it.....now is a matter of finding the right strings and repulsion to match the racquet i feel....i juz broke my VS650 (0.66mm) string after using it for 6 sessions....so now i'm going to use back my regular string (BG80) at my regular repulsion....if it works out well enuff, then i could safely say this will be 1 of the permanent racquet i'm using....occassionally i'm still switching to my BS11 if i'm slightly tired and need more repulsion from the racquet itself....no doubt it's stiffer, but i'm trying out a lesser tension to try and compensate it and hopefully get the best out of the racquet according to my requirement...hehe...anyway the paintwork is really nice and looks more durable so far compared to BS11....to 1 bro who was asking whether it's woven, yes the frame portion got a portion of woven pattern....shaft there isnt any
    I guess the point is that most people are looking for the perfect racket to complement their skills, in most cases it's a difficult search because of the shear number of rackets out there. That said, I don't think you're getting the most out of this racket if you can't bend the shaft a bit to create the power. If you can't, then why get it and try to use strings to compensate? Just get a racket that is better suited. Don't get this, or any racket, just because it's popular. The best racket for your playing style, along with the best strings at the best tension, this is what we're all looking for.... why start out with a racket that you have to "get used to"? Sorry, I'm not trying to criticize but I really don't think it's a good idea to encourage people to buy a racket that doesn't suit them when there are so many out there that may.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Porky View Post
    To those that are worried abt the stiffness of the MX80, dun worry too much..
    Yeah, it's been said that Victor's extra stiff is like Yonex's stiff.

...to 1 bro who was asking whether it's woven, yes the frame portion got a portion of woven pattern....shaft there isnt any
    Thanks! Hopefully the whole frame should be fully woven, right? Even though I'm aware that the shaft is not.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yup. no MX80 for VictorUSA until April. apparently they have a big order that delayed the shipping. it is on a boat somewhere.

so looks like i will get one before they do.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it seems Victor increase the price of their products (old and new version) in Indonesia
    which would cost Victor, A LOT
    because the price is same with Yonex, or even more expensive

I wonder MX80 cost when it comes to Indonesia..
    apparently it would be more expensive than when you getting one from Hongkong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Yeah, it's been said that Victor's extra stiff is like Yonex's stiff.

Thanks! Hopefully the whole frame should be fully woven, right? Even though I'm aware that the shaft is not.
    It looks like the whole frame is fully woven cos u can see the woven pattern on like 70% of the frame. But I cant tell for sure cos some parts are covered with normal paint.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lostLore View Post
    It looks like the whole frame is fully woven cos u can see the woven pattern on like 70% of the frame. But I cant tell for sure cos some parts are covered with normal paint.
    wow! if the frame is fully woven, then this mx80 is an excellent deal for the going price!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    I guess the point is that most people are looking for the perfect racket to complement their skills, in most cases it's a difficult search because of the shear number of rackets out there. That said, I don't think you're getting the most out of this racket if you can't bend the shaft a bit to create the power. If you can't, then why get it and try to use strings to compensate? Just get a racket that is better suited. Don't get this, or any racket, just because it's popular. The best racket for your playing style, along with the best strings at the best tension, this is what we're all looking for.... why start out with a racket that you have to "get used to"? Sorry, I'm not trying to criticize but I really don't think it's a good idea to encourage people to buy a racket that doesn't suit them when there are so many out there that may.
    hmmm good one ...
    I think extra stiff shaft is the same as high tensioned string
    it will require a lot of energy, power and speed / velocity to gain the repulsion
    but it is like a long bow that require stronger arm to pull the string backward than a short bow
    but the arrow will fly longer distance than if you use short bow
    so it depends on how strong you are
    if you are strong enough than use extra stiff shaft and high tension with thicker string such as 0.68 or 0.70 mm rather than 0.66 or 0.65 mm because thicker string can take higher tension up to more than 30 lbs ++
    just like if you use a big heavy sword in battle
    in the hand of a strong person it will do a lot of damage
    but in the hand of a weaker person it will be too slow, too heavy and no power at all
    Last edited by jump-smash; 03-26-2011 at 07:47 PM.