User Tag List

Page 36 of 146 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 86 136 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    I'm sure you got more coming your way.
    maybe if i ever declare: "the search is over." then i will..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matsu_des View Post
    Hehe, youve got me, the nanospeed was used for around a 10 sessions which is like a month. But I dnt think a months work is enough to lose that much, thats why i put 28-29 before.
    Anyways, on another topic, I read that the 3U version had bp293mm and the 4U bp305mm which is a huge diff. Does that mean that the 4U will be equal in power or perhaps even more powerful than the 3U? It sounds as if the 3u is more for doubles whereas the 4u is singles. Can someone please clarify?
    Thanks
    It has been discussed many times that the BP of rackets will be different even within the same racket type. There is no real way to ensure a BP within a small +/- range which is why Yonex does not have a BP spec. Even the weight spec is a range. So if you took two same 3U rackets you'll find the weight and BP to be different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, here's my view on the Meteor X80 after just 2 hours of doubles and 1 singles match.
    I L.O.V.E. this racket!!! It's just sooo easy to play with, very crisp, solid, light, manoeuvrable, powerful. It's really got everything.
    The funny thing about today was that 2 of my friends turned up on this very same day holding their brand new Voltric 80's (3U and 4U) haha.
    Of course I tried them out, and IMHO, the MX80 was way better. Defensively, it was a world away, and power-wise I couldnt really tell the difference, only that the MX80 was easier to smash with because its lighter and more aerodynamic (VT needs a lot of input to get results which tires you out), another difference was that the MX80's smashes were going steeper whereas the VT80 flexed a lot. But that could just be me as I have a very fast swing. Both my friends ended up putting their VT80's down and switching to their usual rackets after 30mins whereas I couldnt let go of my MX80 even if I tried. I even had the chance to play singles, and I just have to praise this racket again. Getting behind the shuttle and then flicking your wrist is enough to win a rally with this racket. The smashes are so powerful and steep even with a wrist smash because of the stiffness, head heaviness and manoeuvrability combined. I have found my new weapon after only 2 hours with it. Now time to sell my sw35 and invest in a 3U version on the MX80 to see if its got more to offer. Yes, the racket i have now is a 4U, just thinking of using the 3U is getting me excited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering if anybody who has used the mx80 knows if its more or less stiff then the arc 10 a lot of people seem to find that both are very stiff though I dont find arc 10 to be too stiff.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    Just wondering if anybody who has used the mx80 knows if its more or less stiff then the arc 10 a lot of people seem to find that both are very stiff though I dont find arc 10 to be too stiff.
    MX10 is more stiff.

ARC10 is not that stiff of a racket. however, if you find ARC10 too stiff, try the ARC9 or ARC7. they are less stiff version of the ARC10.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    It's much stiffer than arc 10, maybe even as stiff as ns 9900.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that makes sense I never understood why people constantly said that the arc10 is too rigid considering i bent it on the floor by mistake earlier -.- Would it even be stiffer than an armortec 700? unless ns 9900 is more stiff then this question is irrelavent but i havent used one before
    Last edited by decoy; 03-31-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    It's much stiffer than arc 10, maybe even as stiff as ns 9900.
    interestingly enough, ns9900 is really easy to use. i have owned 4-5 9900s in the past, some fell short of stiffness, some are ok, only 1 was extremely stiff...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to stay on the topic; im really interested to see how stiff mx80 actually is compared to my only 9900 remaining in the inventory.

will report back tomorrow, as im expecting mx80 to arrive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patiently waiting for Eric's next shipment batch...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, youve got me, the nanospeed was used for around a 10 sessions which is like a month. But I dnt think a months work is enough to lose that much, thats why i put 28-29 before.
    Anyways, on another topic, I read that the 3U version had bp293mm and the 4U bp305mm which is a huge diff. Does that mean that the 4U will be equal in power or perhaps even more powerful than the 3U? It sounds as if the 3u is more for doubles whereas the 4u is singles. Can someone please clarify?
    Thanks
    maybe your 4U MX80 BP = 305 mm because you've taken off the original grip and replace it with a replacement grip
    my 3U MX80 BP = 292 mm that's because I kept the original grip then I add an over-grip
    that's why ... perhaps

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    maybe your 4U MX80 BP = 305 mm because you've taken off the original grip and replace it with a replacement grip
    my 3U MX80 BP = 292 mm that's because I kept the original grip then I add an over-grip
    that's why ... perhaps
    My 3U with thin over grip is also 292mm! And I've heard of a few other 3U's that are ~290-294 , so Victor must have some pretty tight tolerances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    My 3U with thin over grip is also 292mm! And I've heard of a few other 3U's that are ~290-294 , so Victor must have some pretty tight tolerances.
    one more thing is that although it is 3U but it's overall weight only 93.9 grams
    that's very light for me (racket + string + overgrip)
    my SW35 also 3U G2 total weight 95 grams BP 297 mm
    SW35 feels a lot heavier although only 1.1 gram difference
    maybe 5 mm BP makes the differences I think

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    one more thing is that although it is 3U but it's overall weight only 93.9 grams
    that's very light for me (racket + string + overgrip)
    my SW35 also 3U G2 total weight 95 grams BP 297 mm
    SW35 feels a lot heavier although only 1.1 gram difference
    maybe 5 mm BP makes the differences I think
    94g total - 8g strings/grip = 86g net
    So still well within 3U spec.

1g heavier and 5mm head heavier will be quite noticeable.
    Last edited by visor; 04-01-2011 at 01:43 AM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

drives. very nice. the racket head is very stable. good torsional stability/stiffness. but that actually takes some getting used to as some of my shots are off.

did some drive warming up with Holvy (one of the best player in the country) and i was able to keep up with the pace of his drives and sometimes even win a rally here and there. the MX80 is definitely not slow and in fact, feels very fast and stable.

but the rest of the day is kinda meh as i was already too tired playing 2 days in a row.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, here's my view on the Meteor X80 after just 2 hours of doubles and 1 singles match.
    I L.O.V.E. this racket!!! It's just sooo easy to play with, very crisp, solid, light, manoeuvrable, powerful. It's really got everything.
    The funny thing about today was that 2 of my friends turned up on this very same day holding their brand new Voltric 80's (3U and 4U) haha.
    Of course I tried them out, and IMHO, the MX80 was way better. Defensively, it was a world away, and power-wise I couldnt really tell the difference, only that the MX80 was easier to smash with because its lighter and more aerodynamic (VT needs a lot of input to get results which tires you out), another difference was that the MX80's smashes were going steeper whereas the VT80 flexed a lot. But that could just be me as I have a very fast swing. Both my friends ended up putting their VT80's down and switching to their usual rackets after 30mins whereas I couldnt let go of my MX80 even if I tried. I even had the chance to play singles, and I just have to praise this racket again. Getting behind the shuttle and then flicking your wrist is enough to win a rally with this racket. The smashes are so powerful and steep even with a wrist smash because of the stiffness, head heaviness and manoeuvrability combined. I have found my new weapon after only 2 hours with it. Now time to sell my sw35 and invest in a 3U version on the MX80 to see if its got more to offer. Yes, the racket i have now is a 4U, just thinking of using the 3U is getting me excited

Thats why in my review earlier, i mentioned abt those players who are worried abt the "extreme"(extra stiff, head heavy) specs of MX80 to stop procrastinating and juz buy and try it....it's not that difficult to handle even for an intermediate player who may not have all right techniques and such

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno if this is allowed, I wanna buy one of these two. Tpro or mx80. I use a 4u vt80 and find it lacking somewhere. Tried my friends vt80 and find it too demanding.