User Tag List

Page 45 of 146 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 95 145 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bro,
    can anyone tell me what the shaft diameter for x80, vt80 and bs11 ?
    how was the stiffness rank between these 3 ?

plz help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    I'm dumbfounded as to why my MX80 is longer than everyone else's...

Also, what did it come strung with? VS-850? Tension?
    I wonder if the shaft was not pressed into the handle all the way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    I wonder if the shaft was not pressed into the handle all the way?
    I was thinking that, but it looks perfectly fine. No vibrations, imbalance or anything. I kind of like having the extra 4mm or so tbh. Seems to be head heavier than other members MX80's as well based on BP. So that's another positive for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so stupidly I was playing badminton outside in my patio garden and I did a low back hand and scraped the top of the racket head. The scratches themselves are minor (you likely would never notice them except on close examination), but one of the very top outer strings that loop through one grommet to another is ever so slightly ruffled.

It's BG66UM so it's already not that durable, but I've never had a string snap on me except in racket clashes. I have a 3 hour session tomorrow....do you guys think my strings will last the games? Or are even slight scratches of the outer strings likely to lead to weakness and inevitable snapping?

I really want to play the entire 3 hours with my MX80

On a side note, the paint on the MX80 is definitely more durable than on the BS10. Can take a beating and come out ok on the other side. Even after one or two clashes, only a few nicks and markings to show for it. Only one teeny mark has actually gone through the paint, even then, barely. It took concrete to do that one lol.
    Last edited by Naim.F.C; 04-15-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so stupidly I was playing badminton outside in my patio garden and I did a low back hand and scraped the top of the racket head. The scratches themselves are minor (you likely would never notice them except on close examination), but one of the very top outer strings that loop through one grommet to another is ever so slightly ruffled.

It's BG66UM so it's already not that durable, but I've never had a string snap on me except in racket clashes. I have a 3 hour session tomorrow....do you guys think my strings will last the games? Or are even slight scratches of the outer strings likely to lead to weakness and inevitable snapping?

I really want to play the entire 3 hours with my MX80

On a side note, the paint on the MX80 is definitely more durable than on the BS10. Can take a beating and come out ok on the other side. Even after one or two clashes, only a few nicks and markings to show for it. Only one teeny mark has actually gone through the paint, even then, barely. It took concrete to do that one lol.
    bro please stop playing outdoor because badminton is an indoor sport
    but if you have to play outside then do it with a cheap racket
    don't play with high end like MX80 for God sake

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    bro please stop playing outdoor because badminton is an indoor sport
    but if you have to play outside then do it with a cheap racket
    don't play with high end like MX80 for God sake
    I know man I know. But the weather was nice and my other half and her female friend wanted a hit about in the garden, so I gave one my broken 8DX, my GF the BS10 (luckily she was super careful) and I used the MX80. All my other cheap rackets I've now given away to friends and family. Was actually quite fun. It's quite interesting playing with a breeze. You kind of have to account for it every shot. Loved slamming it towards them and seeing them wail and scream and try to doge the shuttle lol.

Well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Update:

Ok, this racket's power is very2 addictive!

Compared to my previous PP Trinity 2, defense and maneuverability is the same or just slightly less, but the noticeably vast improvement in attack power is very addictive! I noticed my smashes and drives were penetrating better with less replies; much more outright winners were produced.

Another interesting observation is the feel may seem a bit much initially, but I think my hand and I have adapted to it. So now I can alternately smash hard and touch drop very nicely.

The only slight downside is that my right shoulder and forearm muscles feel like they had a good workout for half a day or so, due to the extra effort and energy required to provide more power input for the stiff shaft and frame. But my arm seems to be adapting well and getting stronger, better than the first week.

Now, I'm tempted to try the 4U version to see what that could offer me!
    Last edited by visor; 04-16-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Update:

Ok, this racket's power is very2 addictive!

Compared to my previous PP Trinity 2, defense and maneuverability is the same or just slightly less, but the noticeably vast improvement in attack power is very addictive! I noticed my smashes and drives were penetrating better with less replies; much more outright winners were produced.

Another interesting observation is the feel may seem a bit much initially, but I think my hand and I have adapted to it. So now I can alternately smash hard and touch drop very nicely.

The only slight downside is that my right shoulder and forearm muscles feel like they had a good workout for half a day or so, due to the extra effort and energy required to provide more power input for the stiff shaft and frame. But my arm seems to be adapting well and getting stronger, better than the first week.

Now, I'm tempted to try the 4U version to see what that could offer me!
    What you've described is almost my exact experience with the racket. Although I should say, the second week of playing with it I no longer had shoulder/arm pains. I don't know if that's just because I climatised to it's stiffness and strengthened in the arm/shoulder, or because the racket was easier to handle using BG66UM (thinner) strings (which I also changed to in the second week of using it).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After my 3 hour match yesterday, which we won , my arm was dead! My shoulder started to have light pain in it and now it's still a bit sore. This racket is definitely powerful though! I must have had at least 4 headshots yesterday aha. Currently I don't think I can play with in continuously but I felt I had to yesterday as it's my shiny new toy xD
    Does anyone have a good string and tension they could recommend for this racket? It plays really well, just takes a bit out of me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TKChai View Post
    After my 3 hour match yesterday, which we won , my arm was dead! My shoulder started to have light pain in it and now it's still a bit sore. This racket is definitely powerful though! I must have had at least 4 headshots yesterday aha. Currently I don't think I can play with in continuously but I felt I had to yesterday as it's my shiny new toy xD
    Does anyone have a good string and tension they could recommend for this racket? It plays really well, just takes a bit out of me
    For me the racket is too unforgiving using VS-850, which in itself is a slightly thicker more hard hitting string. Currently I'm using BG66UM with it at 24lbs mains and crosses (bar a few crosses at 26lbs as stated by Victors catalogue pattern). It works very well. A lot better imo than my previous set up of 24lbs on VS-850. I might up the tension with the BG66UM over time, but for now I'm comfortable with it. Till I get stronger, fitter and faster with the racket, not sure I need higher tension just yet. Not necessarily because I think I couldn't offer the power to make use of it, but because I don't think currently I could do that consistently. I play LONG sessions. 2 hours minimum, 3 hours average. I can generally only keep up that initial ultra strong hard hitting pace for the first hour or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gosh..can anyone could tell when the MX80 will touch-down in KL? so eager to try it out.... hope it will perfectly to fill the gap between my VT80 & BS10...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me the racket is too unforgiving using VS-850, which in itself is a slightly thicker more hard hitting string. Currently I'm using BG66UM with it at 24lbs mains and crosses (bar a few crosses at 26lbs as stated by Victors catalogue pattern). It works very well. A lot better imo than my previous set up of 24lbs on VS-850.
    Are you sure you're not from 'Backtofrontland'?
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 04-16-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Are you sure you're not from 'Backtofrontland'?
    Care to explain?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great racket, got it about a month ago from sohubuy and they strung it at 27lbs with BG80 for me. Very powerful racket, feels great and makes smashing a lot more fun :P and I love how the racket looks as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, I went to my local victor store at Surabaya Indonesia, the MX80 price is around 188 USD. I

think it is way over priced. However, my main concern is the paint job, it is not tidy at all,

the V gold logo at T junction, the stripes also. It is CN coded. Too bad, I couldn't take

picture. How about yours?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is TW coded and the paintwork is fantastic. Very clean, crisp and most importantly, durable. The V at the t juntion has a weird texture to it, but is about as clean in print as you could ask for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is also great, are you sure you bought a genuine one?