User Tag List

Page 51 of 146 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 101 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Distanc3,

Where can you get it for $150cad?

$150cad is excellent, although kwun's $126us is even better ... although he got someone to bring it back from Taiwan.

I got mine from Eric at squash mart on eBay for $175cad strung and delivered from Taiwan. Excellent seller to deal with.

Speed wise, yes it's fast but a few hrs and you'll adapt to it. Although despite its speed, it's still quite a beast to swing, requiring a rather strong arm.

Feel wise, you're going to feel more vibrations because it is very lively with lots of feedback. Perhaps due to woven frame or 80 hole design, but along with the stiffiness and excellent frame stability this produces better shot accuracy, consistency and reproducibility. You can actually feel the bird interact with the stringed eg. in net shots, drops, drives.

At a local shop.

Visor are you the one who used ns9ks/x and recently joined vrc or am i thinking of chrisyay(sp?).

regardless i will try if not buy the racket in a month or so. I'm loving victor rackets now, coming from a long history of Yonex old and new. SW35 served me well but i find the accuracy could definitely be refined.

edit: nm its krisyay :P
    Last edited by Distanc3; 04-27-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^
    If you're using sw35 now, then you'll have no problem adapting to mx80 because it's not as fast as the bs series. But it does have a good oomph. General consensus is that sw series is for all out attacking from the rearcourt while bs series is for forecourt speed. Mx80 seems to be positioned in the middle in terms of speed and power.

If you're getting it at local shop, don't forget you'll have to add taxes on top, which will exceed squashmart's price. But the advantage is you have so called warranty.
    Last edited by visor; 04-27-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^150 flat for bare racket. since i string at home its basically 155?

I'll give it a go and see how it is thanks Visor and Kwun!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the US Victor distributor will receive his stock on Thursday. hopefully by the weekend, he will have stuff unpacked. he said he ordered 800 or so MX80. that's a lot of MX80.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the US Victor distributor will receive his stock on Thursday. hopefully by the weekend, he will have stuff unpacked. he said he ordered 800 or so MX80. that's a lot of MX80.
    800 !!!!!!!!!! Crazy guy !

So Victor rackets have replaced your Arc10 ?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    800 !!!!!!!!!! Crazy guy !

So Victor rackets have replaced your Arc10 ?
    played with my ARC10 last night too.... the feeling was... meh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

played with my ARC10 last night too.... the feeling was... meh.
    Hehe, I also had a similar feeling the last time I tried my YY rackets Victor rackets feel much more solid.

I don't even use my YY rackets anymore..

I am looking forward to this MX70, it sounds like even more of a hammer than the SW35 ! Although it will take a lot of persuasion to switch.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hehe, I also had a similar feeling the last time I tried my YY rackets Victor rackets feel much more solid.

I don't even use my YY rackets anymore..

I am looking forward to this MX70, it sounds like even more of a hammer than the SW35 ! Although it will take a lot of persuasion to switch.
    personally, i think the MX80 is perfect for me. i don't think i will want to use anything stiffer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally, i think the MX80 is perfect for me. i don't think i will want to use anything stiffer.
    So when are you getting your back up MX80 ? or is that still to be approved

Any ideas if the head heavyness of the MX70 will be more so than the MX80/SW35 ?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So when are you getting your back up MX80 ? or is that still to be approved
    when the US distributor RacketSupply finish unboxing their shipment and i finish testing the rest of the 3 blue musketeers... SP22, SW37, etc...

Any ideas if the head heavyness of the MX70 will be more so than the MX80/SW35 ?
    no. i was just told that it will be more aggressive, stiffer, shorter shaft, more square frame. will let you know more if i get more info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Distanc3 View Post
    ^150 flat for bare racket. since i string at home its basically 155?

I'll give it a go and see how it is thanks Visor and Kwun!
    Booo... I had to pay $10 to string so you got it cheaper lol... Actually I ordered a SW37 also kinda interested in it since another member gave it a very solid review, so might as well try it out....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another 3.5 hours with the MX80 today. I've played around 10 hours just in the last 3 days. Started to finally feel the burn today. Luckily we're not playing again at least for a few days. This is a racket that just keeps on giving. Won 8 out of 9 doubles games played (played with a different person every time, including against the people I'd played with the round(s) before), but the one I lost was the first game, I blame that on needing a warm up. Also won 3 out of 3 singles games I played too. So I'm happy. For a slightly chubby Asian who only started playing a few months ago, playing against people who have played for much longer, I feel good lol.

I think I will finally accept that I might not be a meagre beginner any more lol. Still don't think I'm any where near league or competitive level though. Lots more practise to go.

On the topic of the MX80 though, today this racket was killing it! Amazing drive speed. Usually I'm apprehensive to play too close to the forecourt (net) but I was hammering back drives consistently today. I think the racket allowed me to be a bit of a one man army at times. Clears are effortless and smashes are not just very powerful, but amazingly acute. You can get some crazy angles on this thing, without often even having to lift your feet to jump.

Part of that I think is going with the smaller handle/grip size. Gives a bit more space and leeway too get some crazy flick swing in to smashes and drops. Also gives you lots of accuracy and control with shots. It's easier and quicker using your hands and the space between to direct aim than it is using your body, footwork and arms (though you should be using them all).

Anyway, next week two of the lads who are very good players are playing more than they have this week. I think the games will be more challenging. I'm looking forward to it, as I feel I need to be pressured more than I am at current. Still early days mind and ultimately, we do only play for fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonvan View Post
    Booo... I had to pay $10 to string so you got it cheaper lol... Actually I ordered a SW37 also kinda interested in it since another member gave it a very solid review, so might as well try it out....
    jason do you still play with andy/joey?

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonvan View Post
    Ooooh! You fellas got a sweet deal!
    I might be looking to get a backup or try a 4u version.

Where'd you get it from? Tad's?
    No tax?

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

here is my take when adding in the SW35:

Stiffness : MX80 > SW35 > BS10 > BS12 > BS11 = ĝooOooo > ooĝOooo > oooĜooo = oooĜooo (my 11 is rated the same as the 10 but plays less stiff).
    Power : SW35 > MX80 > BS12 > BS11 > BS10
    Speed : BS10 > BS12 > BS11 > MX80 > SW35
    Accuracy : MX80 > SW35 > BS10 = BS12 > BS11
    Looking thru this, I think I might try a bs 12 next!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is very poisonuos and very bad for the wallet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I'm so happy with the MX80, I'm not even interested in another Victor racket for the time being till I hear more on the MX70. Which sounds like it could be a veritable BEAST! It's like someone from Victor read my posts on these forums and is designing the racket just for me! More angular frame and slimmer than the MX80 but more head heavy! DREAMY!

Only concern is that it might be too stiff. MX80 is already pretty stiff. But I guess we'll see. I will say, MX70 may be a bit too aggressive to be a suitable doubles racket, who knows. Victor are on FIRE lately though.

Page 51 of 146 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 101 ... LastLast