User Tag List

Page 62 of 146 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,038 to 1,054 of 2473
  1. #1038
    Regular Member Naim.F.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    I was never comparing the pros with amateurs. I was saying that it's not really fair to speak for the pros like that. Naim said that they are "lazy". I don't think pros are lazy, and you obviously agree with me too. And the most likely reason LYD switched back to the BS09 is not because he was lazy. It's probably because he felt it is a better racket for him than the MX80.

    And of course, a good racket is a good racket. If I wanted to copy the top pros, I wouldn't be using apacs rackets as my go-to rackets would I?
    I appreciate your point, and it could very well be the case. But I feel in many cases it's because they practise a lot more with their old racket than the new one. Just because LYD has used an MX80 more than me doesn't mean he's more used to playing with it, because for all we know he might still put 10x more time training with the BS09. Hence he'll still be more used to that.

    Maybe lazy was the wrong word, perhaps I should have used, overly cautious? As mentioned above, they probably do have limited time between games and likely just stick to what they're comfortable with unless they get on with the new racket immediately.

    As I mentioned in the Yonex 2011 All England video sharing thread. KKK and his partner could really do with some more aggressive rackets, because they are very strong and fast players, yet they aren't (imo) getting enough power in clears and smashes (on average). At least not in that finals game, and not in comparison to Boe and Morgensen. Clearly it's not their technique, physique or strength.

  2. #1039
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    I appreciate your point, and it could very well be the case. But I feel in many cases it's because they practise a lot more with their old racket than the new one. Just because LYD has used an MX80 more than me doesn't mean he's more used to playing with it, because for all we know he might still put 10x more time training with the BS09. Hence he'll still be more used to that.

    Maybe lazy was the wrong word, perhaps I should have used, overly cautious? As mentioned above, they probably do have limited time between games and likely just stick to what they're comfortable with unless they get on with the new racket immediately.

    As I mentioned in the Yonex 2011 All England video sharing thread. KKK and his partner could really do with some more aggressive rackets, because they are very strong and fast players, yet they aren't (imo) getting enough power in clears and smashes (on average). At least not in that finals game, and not in comparison to Boe and Morgensen. Clearly it's not their technique, physique or strength.
    it's more likely fatigue because they play to many tournaments
    as we know Super Series are very competitive with all the world's best player competing
    so having to compete with all those very best players day in and day out
    they must be exhausted ... they need a break ...

  3. #1040
    Regular Member Naim.F.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    it's more likely fatigue because they play to many tournaments
    as we know Super Series are very competitive with all the world's best player competing
    so having to compete with all those very best players day in and day out
    they must be exhausted ... they need a break ...
    Likely true. Who knows, maybe they would be more likely to be injured using head heavier rackets too. Just don't know enough about all this to say for sure tbh.

  4. #1041
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    Likely true. Who knows, maybe they would be more likely to be injured using head heavier rackets too. Just don't know enough about all this to say for sure tbh.
    when you're playing against top class pros like they do
    the last thing you need is trying to adapt to new rackets
    or extremely head heavy or very stiff rackets that add pressure on you
    not that they are not strong enough or not capable ...

  5. #1042
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    when you're playing against top class pros like they do
    the last thing you need is trying to adapt to new rackets
    or extremely head heavy or very stiff rackets that add pressure on you
    not that they are not strong enough or not capable ...
    I also think that the racket plays a very minimal role for the top pros. I don't know, I would really like to hear some interviews about this!

  6. #1043
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    I also think that the racket plays a very minimal role for the top pros. I don't know, I would really like to hear some interviews about this!
    but still quite important for them to choose the right one
    because in their competitive world
    wrong choice = out of the game ...
    no mistake is forgiven in the pros world ...

  7. #1044
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cupertino
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    Likely true. Who knows, maybe they would be more likely to be injured using head heavier rackets too. Just don't know enough about all this to say for sure tbh.
    As far as I'm concerned, experience dictates that head heavy rackets which ultimately results in more injuries are prevalent in rackets weighted at the top of the frame. Whereas, head heavy rackets weighted at the throat area doesn't seem to cause as much injuries in comparison. Case in point, AT700 vs AT900P. So,wouldn't be surprise if LCW (after winning a Major with the VT80) switch back to his familiar and less (relatively speaking) injury prone AT900P.
    Last edited by Triptens; 05-18-2011 at 11:58 PM.

  8. #1045
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triptens View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, experience dictates that head heavy rackets which ultimately results in more injuries are prevalent in rackets weighted at the top of the frame. Whereas, head heavy rackets weighted at the throat area doesn't seem to cause as much injuries in comparison. Case in point, AT700 vs AT900P. So,wouldn't be surprise if LCW (after winning a Major with the VT80) switch back to his familiar and less (relatively speaking) injury prone AT900P.
    so ... the pros are only human after all ...
    they are not indestructible apparently ...
    what would that makes us ??? fragile ???

  9. #1046
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've tried to order the Victor Meteor X80 in The Netherlands. Seems Victor Europe is doubting to release the racket over here. I just cannot understand why? All feedback is so positive, I want to test too!

  10. #1047
    Regular Member Benwilluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonexFan View Post
    I've tried to order the Victor Meteor X80 in The Netherlands. Seems Victor Europe is doubting to release the racket over here. I just cannot understand why? All feedback is so positive, I want to test too!
    Victor UK will probably ship it to you if you are interested. Their customer service is excellent. If you are interested I could probably find out for you.

  11. #1048
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,174
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How much is the MX80 in the UK?

  12. #1049
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cupertino
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    so ... the pros are only human after all ...
    they are not indestructible apparently ...
    what would that makes us ??? fragile ???
    Even Superman is/was dead and resurrected

    Ah well, they play at their level and we do at our own level

    Obviously, we can choose ''to use/not to use'' their preferred rackets so long as we are not playing to a point where it seems we are begging for an injury.

    We are free to choose however we want to play and with whichever racket.
    Last edited by Triptens; 05-19-2011 at 05:01 AM.

  13. #1050
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    kl
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hock Eng, Bangi Address

    Quote Originally Posted by samsudd_s View Post
    AJ/raquet zone puchong sold mx80 at rm600..and pertama kompleks sold it at rm640, both with string & grip. Cheaper is hock eng bangi, rm560 frame only. I dun see any price at rm800 so far..tag price is rm799.90 yes.
    Anybody know Hock Eng, Bangi address?

  14. #1051
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    How much is the MX80 in the UK?
    it's 126 I think

  15. #1052
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triptens View Post
    Even Superman is/was dead and resurrected
    Ah well, they play at their level and we do at our own level
    Obviously, we can choose ''to use/not to use'' their preferred rackets so long as we are not playing to a point where it seems we are begging for an injury.
    We are free to choose however we want to play and with whichever racket.
    injuries will not stop people to buy heavy rackets such as VT80 (even 4U version is quite heavy)
    people are so stubborn sometimes, even after they have been told and knew the facts ...

  16. #1053
    Regular Member samsudd_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ynee2u View Post
    Anybody know Hock Eng, Bangi address?
    Seksyen 13,bdr baru bangi

  17. #1054
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia Selangor
    Posts
    358
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yo, Ah Lee Badminton Shop in Kuchai Lama is selling the MX-80 for RM520, but you'll need to place an order with the shopkeeper (Mr. Lee) and he'll ship it for you in about a week's time. Cheapest so far in Malaysia, but no strings, no grip, it'll be botak.

Similar Threads

  1. FS/FT: Victor Meteor MX80 (MY)
    By mizivincible in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 9
    : 03-31-2012, 02:43 PM
  2. FS: Mint Victor Meteor 80 MX-80 MX80 badminton racquet w/ new BG-70 pro string (GTA)
    By vtnam007 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 02-11-2012, 11:18 PM
  3. FT: Victor Meteor MX70 for Meteor MX80
    By kenny_eng in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 12-20-2011, 09:24 AM
  4. WTB: Victor Meteor MX80
    By KB@TB Em in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 07-17-2011, 06:46 AM
  5. WTB: Victor meteor MX80
    By araz916 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 05-25-2011, 02:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •