User Tag List

Page 88 of 146 FirstFirst ... 38 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,480 to 1,496 of 2473
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Heh...yup...that's just me in denial.

I thought you already had a MX80? Getting another one?
    Yup, always have 2 of each. Just starting to enjoy playing with it when I sprained my ankle. Been out over 2 weeks now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Yup, always have 2 of each. Just starting to enjoy playing with it when I sprained my ankle. Been out over 2 weeks now.
    Ouch!! Hope it gets better for your road trip to Calgary.

Thought about getting a 2nd VT80 but that would mean I wouldn't get other rackets like the MX80 or MX70 (cuz I'm not rich ).

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

CD: don't get 87g mx80, would be too demanding. Mine is 85.4g naked, 96.1g playing wt and it's already pretty demanding.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    CD: don't get 87g mx80, would be too demanding. Mine is 85.4g naked, 96.1g playing wt and it's already pretty demanding.
    Thanks for the advice. I guess I should weigh my VT80 and use that as a baseline.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Ouch!! Hope it gets better for your road trip to Calgary.

Thought about getting a 2nd VT80 but that would mean I wouldn't get other rackets like the MX80 or MX70 (cuz I'm not rich ).
    @CD, thanks. 2 weeks left for a serious rehab.

@CD, Visor. We need to do a "group testing" once the next order is done

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post

@CD, Visor. We need to do a "group testing" once the next order is done
    Heh, we should shouldn't we?
    Have you weighed your mx80?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, we should shouldn't we? Have you weighed your mx80?
    I'm down with that. But you guys might find out that I'm not really intermediate but a beginner

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    That clears it up. Powermaster is a super grip, but unfortunately, I'm so used to towel grip anything else just feels weird and throws off my timing & control. I also remove the factory grip, so my usual amount of towel grip is probably 2g heavier than the Powermaster. Have you played the BS10 before and can compare it to the MX80 in more detail?
    I didn't have the BS10 for very long, and it was TW coded so different to the other codes. For me I guess the MX80 is a bit more 'alive' feeling and packs more punch than my BS10 did. It's maybe a tad slower but that didn't really translate on court for me. All-round the MX80 for my style is a better performer, but the 10 is no slouch by any stretch, as arguably the picks of the Victor bunch are the MX80, SW35 and BS10.

(I have to preface anything I say in regards to product reviews with the fact that I'm a large and slow Caucasian, so my preferences are definitely not going to be particularly relevant to anyone that's not. )

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you find it too demanding, just string it 2lbs lower than you normally would.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@j4ckie

I played the BS10 for a year. DE coded, 3U G3, towel grip direct on wood. Then it breaks and I bought a MX80 as replacement. Honestly I loved the BS10 for it's quickness, but in terms of power it was a bit lacking, and the racket felt overall to light for me. I don't like light rackets.
    The Meteor X80 is a good mixture. It has more power, but is a bit slower. But don't get me wrong. The MX80 isn't sluggish! It's fast enough for doubles, really quick at defence and at the net. I don't need a faster and lighter racket. The shaft is a tiny bit stiffer. This racket is top of the edge and the best doubles racket for me which I tried ( YY: AS 10, AS Z-Slash, AT 900 P, LN: N 55, N 33, V: SW 35, BS 10, SP 22) so I ordered yesterday a second MX80.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I didn't have the BS10 for very long, and it was TW coded so different to the other codes. For me I guess the MX80 is a bit more 'alive' feeling and packs more punch than my BS10 did. It's maybe a tad slower but that didn't really translate on court for me. All-round the MX80 for my style is a better performer, but the 10 is no slouch by any stretch, as arguably the picks of the Victor bunch are the MX80, SW35 and BS10.

(I have to preface anything I say in regards to product reviews with the fact that I'm a large and slow Caucasian, so my preferences are definitely not going to be particularly relevant to anyone that's not. )
    Thanks. The tall&slow caucasian part applies to me as well, although my hitting action isn't too slow anymore. Since I got used to it, I really like the BS10 - it has some head weight to swing through, and I've slightly adapted my swinging action to get as much power out of it as I get out of the N90 at the same tension. Although, to be fair, I'm not used to that one anymore and just play it for fun every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    @j4ckie

I played the BS10 for a year. DE coded, 3U G3, towel grip direct on wood. Then it breaks and I bought a MX80 as replacement. Honestly I loved the BS10 for it's quickness, but in terms of power it was a bit lacking, and the racket felt overall to light for me. I don't like light rackets.
    The Meteor X80 is a good mixture. It has more power, but is a bit slower. But don't get me wrong. The MX80 isn't sluggish! It's fast enough for doubles, really quick at defence and at the net. I don't need a faster and lighter racket. The shaft is a tiny bit stiffer. This racket is top of the edge and the best doubles racket for me which I tried ( YY: AS 10, AS Z-Slash, AT 900 P, LN: N 55, N 33, V: SW 35, BS 10, SP 22) so I ordered yesterday a second MX80.
    Thank you! I was a little worried the MX80 might be noticeably stiffer, which would probably cause a drop in power for me. If it's just a little, I won't worry - if it's a little head heavier, it should be at least as powerful as the BS10 for me. Hopefully, the hitting action will be a tad slower - stopping the fast swing of the BS10 has caused aching back muscles.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ ucantseemee:
    looks like you should change your avatar to "i heart mx80"!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ ucantseemee:
    looks like you should change your avatar to "i heart mx80"!
    Damn right sir. But the SW 35 is my first love. It's for me the best singles and best attacking / backcourt racket in doubles. Next month I will buy 1 or 2 more SW 35. It's a unforgetable wife and the MX80 is my second love. No reason for a divorce. We will stay together

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

played with MX80 for 5 hours..
    first impression: it's amazing
    it is a little bit faster than my Tpro makes me need to adjust my swing (need around one hour to adjust)
    also it is stiffer than Tpro which makes a little bit harder to generate power from it

smash is nice, drive is actually the best thing I get from this racket
    but that is when I am in pretty fit condition

last week, I'm on diet and eat less carb food, I played with the MX80 and it's just.. hard to generate any power from it

satisfied with this racket, but will switch to Tpro when I'm tired

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my first MX80 some hours ago, 3UG2, regrettably. Had hoped for a G3 one - or rather, two G3s. Some mistake at badmintonshoponline.us resulted in me getting just one yet, let's hope the other one's delivered just as quickly and without further problems.
    MX80 (BG80@28lbs) weighs 110,8g with overgrip+towel grip on wood and has roughly the same BP as my BS10s (just towel grip on wood, BG80@27lbs) which weigh 108,1 and 108,9 respectively.
    Can't wait to test it out at today's training, dry-swinging it feels noticeably heavier/head heavier than my BS10s, but not so much as to cause undue timing problems. I'll probably get it down by just warming up normally. Stiffness is also noticeably higher, but the added head weight should make up for the loss of power caused by it.
    I'm gonna post my first impression after the training, and wait with the review until I'm 100% adapted =)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus, they'd have to be mislabeled 2U, surely.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Jesus, they'd have to be mislabeled 2U, surely.
    Nah, that weight is pretty normal for my rackets. I apply a lot of towel grip (cover up to an inch of the shaft, normally like 1-1,5cm)...and the string is not included in dry weights either. Towel grip's also a lot denser than rubber grip. I've never weighed any rackets w/o strings and with original grip - normally I get them strung, and when I take off the string, it's already gripped to my preference

Anyway, my racket weights range from 97,4g (83g PP Precision w/ overgrip and towel grip halfway up) up to 114g (LN N50II, labeled W3=3U, towel grip 1,5 inches up the shaft). My guess is that with my usual setup, 3U rackets should be roughly 104-111g, as the string weight and grip weight vary slightly.