User Tag List

Page 90 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,514 to 1,530 of 2507
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried many times using 0.66 string but just did not like them. Between 0.67 to 0.7 is just right for me. I recommend VS800 for you guys simply because you can put higher tension with it and its just awesome feeling. Dont be afraid of having 1 or 2 lbs higher, cos I can say that VS800 does lose tension quite a bit compare to let say BG70pro. I also can say that VS800 is better than any YY 0.7 string except BG70pro.

You can do the same with VS850 but already 4 or 5 of my club mates had their string broken in less than 1 month with VS850 with high tension. I also found that VS850 is a bit too spongy for me and as kwun mentioned, it does lose tension fast . Another thing with VS850 is that you can find a number of better or similar YY strings such as BG68ti or BG80 or NBG95.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Why is that, Yoppy? Can't say I've used a .70 string before. Too scared of being unfashionable
    In general, 0.7 strings feel softer and numb to me. If I string them 2-4lbs tighter than, say, the BG80, they feel nearly as crisp, but still lack power in comparison. While they are much more durable, it doesn't make up the loss of feel and power to me.
    What adds to that is that most thicker strings lose more tension than thinner ones - BG65 being the prime example (what were 30lbs on the ZSlash TH are now like 27). NBG95 holds tension better, but feels dead at anything below 30lbs [intitial tension] (31 on the N90 dropped to 29 - still usable, but doesn't hold a candle to a 28lbs BG80).

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    I tried many times using 0.66 string but just did not like them. Between 0.67 to 0.7 is just right for me. I recommend VS800 for you guys simply because you can put higher tension with it and its just awesome feeling. Dont be afraid of having 1 or 2 lbs higher, cos I can say that VS800 does lose tension quite a bit compare to let say BG70pro. I also can say that VS800 is better than any YY 0.7 string except BG70pro.

You can do the same with VS850 but already 4 or 5 of my club mates had their string broken in less than 1 month with VS850 with high tension. I also found that VS850 is a bit too spongy for me and as kwun mentioned, it does lose tension fast . Another thing with VS850 is that you can find a number of better or similar YY strings such as BG68ti or BG80 or NBG95.
    0.66 strings mostly lose the crisp, hard feel after a few session. BG66, BG66UM are nice strings imop, but they feel very spongy after a week of training. If I string them 2lbs tighter to make up for the loss of tension, they snap easily...I'd recommend them to a) very clean hitters and b) ppl using lower tensions (~24-25lbs). They give much of the power and feel of tighter, thicker strings with less arm pain.

BG68Ti is not such a good string imop - I personally dont like the soft feel, and it is less durable than any other .68 string. A guy in my club snapped the one on his brand new racket in just one session (normally, he uses the ZM67@24lbs, but apparently few German shops have it), and while he's a strong hitter, strings normally last him 3 weeks or one weekend of competition at least.

The BG80 is my current favorite - more durable than any thinner string, awesome at retaining tension and more rebound and feel than any thicker string. For me as a very mediocre smasher it's durable enough to hold 4 weeks of training. Competition is a completely different matter though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    can owners of MX80 share their experience with what strings they have tried to match with the MX80?

i have tried 2 different strings.

- VS850@25lbs. good feel, good power. but not excellent. tension loses fast.
    - NBG98@29.5lbs. incredible power and sound. the crispness this combination produce when hit hard is second to none. i have never felt something like it, ever. however, the feel at touch shots is rather poor. dead. no feeling at all. makes it hard to do push and drives.

i am thinking maybe NBG98@28lbs to see if that improves.

or VS850@30lbs.

or may some other combo?
    I use bg66 at @25lbs. The 80 hole pattern makes it feel higher at first but it drops around a pound after a week and stabilizes and then it feels like 25lbs should. Also makes a nice noise, (not quite as good as NBG 98, nothing is) and very lively. Overall a good string.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geez Yoppy, NBG95 is a horrible string! Slippery and numb as hell.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha is it that bad? Yes honestly I did not think much about it. I'll pay more attention to it next time.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Geez Yoppy, NBG95 is a horrible string! Slippery and numb as hell.
    The numbness goes away at 30lbs!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure what tension to get for this, usually i would go with VS850 @ 28lbs, but i just feel that this wont last. i'm hoping that if i tried VS800 @ 29lbs, then this will last longer.

cant wait to try it though, i will be a bit out of practise by the time i get mine, so any review wont be coming soon...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    The numbness goes away at 30lbs!
    Yeah, but it still remains slippery as hell. A sliced smash really needs adjustment at the beginning and you can't switch to another string that easily. For me the best strings are BG80 and NG98 at 11,8Kg... and if I just need one string, that is reliable, I take the BG65 witch has always delivered so far. To be fair, for me BG80 and NG98 are just a little luxury and used, when very tight net shots come in handy (tournament).

My mate gets some for free and I hope I can get some as well. ^^ I'm just surprised, that you all are writing about the racket, since only a very few online stores in Germany have listed the racket so far.

Somehow I really hope, it is a head lighter, stiffer and slightly faster version of the Vt80. If that comes out, I'd found my racket and do not spend more money on testing. My two Vt80 are sold, by the way.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sFrog View Post
    Yeah, but it still remains slippery as hell. A sliced smash really needs adjustment at the beginning and you can't switch to another string that easily. For me the best strings are BG80 and NG98 at 11,8Kg... and if I just need one string, that is reliable, I take the BG65 witch has always delivered so far. To be fair, for me BG80 and NG98 are just a little luxury and used, when very tight net shots come in handy (tournament).

My mate gets some for free and I hope I can get some as well. ^^ I'm just surprised, that you all are writing about the racket, since only a very few online stores in Germany have listed the racket so far.

Somehow I really hope, it is a head lighter, stiffer and slightly faster version of the Vt80. If that comes out, I'd found my racket and do not spend more money on testing. My two Vt80 are sold, by the way.
    hmm.. head lighter check
    stiffer.. check?
    slightly faster also check
    MX80 should be your dream racket then

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... uh, I want it so badly now. Hands are already itchy again what proves, I'm still a little kid...

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

MX80 with VS850 strings are a match made in heaven! ..... Been playing past 2-3 weeks with it, tension frequency only dropped a tad from initial 1050 to 1030Hz now despite some pretty hard hitting games. I think manually pre stretching it helped take out most of the string creep. ..... Endless power for clears and smashes, exquisite touch for low service and deceptive net shots, and amazingly accurate and responsive for fast flat drives. Totally awesome!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    MX80 with VS850 strings are a match made in heaven! ..... Been playing past 2-3 weeks with it, tension frequency only dropped a tad from initial 1050 to 1030Hz now despite some pretty hard hitting games. I think manually pre stretching it helped take out most of the string creep. ..... Endless power for clears and smashes, exquisite touch for low service and deceptive net shots, and amazingly accurate and responsive for fast flat drives. Totally awesome!
    Drool....you're making me want to go out and buy one right now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Be patient my friend, be patient

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Be patient my friend, be patient
    Hey guys, I'm depending on both of you to help me keep an eye on when Eric starts listing the mx70! Anyday now!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Hey guys, I'm depending on both of you to help me keep an eye on when Eric starts listing the mx70! Anyday now!
    No worries...I check almost daily. Eric got some new stuff/listing. More MX80 of varying weight.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2011-VICTOR-M...item20bcaacd01

2011 VICTOR MX80 badminton racquet racket Meteor X80 with VS850 string + 10 grip

Current in stock frame weight:
    81g = 1
    82g = 2
    83g = 1
    84g = 1
    86g = 2
    87g = 7
    88g = 3
    89g = 2

I'll take the 86 gram weight when we order.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries...I check almost daily. Eric got some new stuff/listing. More MX80 of varying weight.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2011-VICTOR-M...item20bcaacd01

2011 VICTOR MX80 badminton racquet racket Meteor X80 with VS850 string + 10 grip

Current in stock frame weight:
    81g = 1
    82g = 2
    83g = 1
    84g = 1
    86g = 2
    87g = 7
    88g = 3
    89g = 2

I'll take the 86 gram weight when we order.
    I assume 86 g + is 3U. In that case I will also take an 86 g racket