User Tag List

Page 95 of 146 FirstFirst ... 45 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,599 to 1,615 of 2473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got my new mx80 from christ shop today strung with VS850 with 25" 27" lbs.
    Tried with my first game today, it wast really hard like wood... mishit and i cant really stroke well..
    Change back my N90 which strung with VS850 at 26"28" lbs by christ today and i can easily handle and the racket.
    Netting,stroke and smash with my N90 is even better than my newly MX80..
    Personally i felt the tension is really like 28 or 29 lbs =.=||
    One thing can confirm is MX80 is heavier and stiffer compare to my N90 I.
    Any owner of MX80 who strung your racket with diff tension for x and y?
    Or is it better to stick with one tension especially for this model since it has 80 grommets?

Darren

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lookeong View Post
    Tried with my first game today, it wast really hard like wood... mishit and i cant really stroke well..
    Change back my N90 which strung with VS850 at 26"28" lbs by christ today and i can easily handle and the racket.
    Or is it better to stick with one tension especially for this model since it has 80 grommets?

Darren
    I have no experience with different string tensions on the MX, but it's a LOT stiffer than the N90. The N90 is a 'soft' stiff, whereas the MX is extra stiff. If you're used to the longer, slower swing motions of the N90, the MX will feel hard and unwieldy indeed. If you wanna get used to it, you'll have to use it continuously for 1-3 weeks, depending on how quickly you adapt. To use it properly, good clean technique is a huge bonus
    When I use my N90 or VT70 nowadays, they feel sluggish and somewhat weird (especially the softer VT70). But I use the MX for 3-4 weeks now and had the BS10 before that, so I'm very used to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh.. thanks for your feedback..
    BTW.. what is your tension?
    I believe you own N90 as well right, can you easily change from MX80 to N90 during a game?Is it hard to adapt with the feel as both giving different feel.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh.. thanks for your feedback..
    BTW.. what is your tension?
    I believe you own N90 as well right, can you easily change from MX80 to N90 during a game?Is it hard to adapt with the feel as both giving different feel.
    I can change, but not easily. My defense will be weakened severely with the N90, as well as my drives because I'm just not used to it.
    Current setups are BG80@28lbs on the MX80s and NBG95@30/31 on the N90 and the VT70. The string is nice and tight (still, a little numb), but the problems is mis-timing due to the differences in BP, weight and stiffness. If I changed from the MX to the N90 at, let's say, 11 in the first game, I would probably lose that game and have adapted by 11 in the second. But that's only because I'm completely adapted to the MX80 and use the N90 about twice in three weeks (usually train 3-4 times a week, 2-4 hours each). If I were to use the N90 more, changing would be easier.

A tip: train your wrist&fingers a little. I find that a good gripping action and pronation help a long way when using stiff rackets, whereas heavier rackets such as the N90 often tempt you to swing more with your big muscles (chest, shoulder, triceps). For me, key to using the MX is using pronation/supination on every shot, and keep the swing motion sharp&quick compared to the N90.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I can change, but not easily. My defense will be weakened severely with the N90, as well as my drives because I'm just not used to it.
    Current setups are BG80@28lbs on the MX80s and NBG95@30/31 on the N90 and the VT70. The string is nice and tight (still, a little numb), but the problems is mis-timing due to the differences in BP, weight and stiffness. If I changed from the MX to the N90 at, let's say, 11 in the first game, I would probably lose that game and have adapted by 11 in the second. But that's only because I'm completely adapted to the MX80 and use the N90 about twice in three weeks (usually train 3-4 times a week, 2-4 hours each). If I were to use the N90 more, changing would be easier.

A tip: train your wrist&fingers a little. I find that a good gripping action and pronation help a long way when using stiff rackets, whereas heavier rackets such as the N90 often tempt you to swing more with your big muscles (chest, shoulder, triceps). For me, key to using the MX is using pronation/supination on every shot, and keep the swing motion sharp&quick compared to the N90.
    Thx for the feedback... i think will change my setup on my MX80.
    Currently my N90 I is without original grip, it is just a scotch tape+overgrip and i felt it is really nice to hold and control.
    For my new MX80 which i got it today, it is original overgrip+victor overgrip.
    I will try to remove it and make it with scotch tape+overgrip only.
    Hopefully this will make it better.
    I will try it again on my sat game..
    Really thanks for sharing Jackie...appreciate~~ : )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys... i wanna share a bad news ( well, for me it is )..

my racket clashed leaving a big ( about 0.5-1 cm ) paintchip.. the moment it clashed, i'm shocked and cannot say a word until my partner said " it's ok, it's ok "

it's not break yet now... but, it will be fine in the future right? or i should stay away from that clash point?

*i'm wondering whether i should buy a gold, black, and clear nail polish to fix that..*

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paintchips are normal if you play doubles. If you want no paintchips you never mishit the birdie. This is normal but I would be angry too if a newbie clash in my rackets. One week ago a weak partner clashed in my MX80. First paintchips. Think twice. A racket with paintchips is like a body with scars. Everyone can tell a story.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darren
    That was a big mistake, darren. The extra stiffness plus the 80 holes means you should've strung the MX80 anywhere up to 3lbs LESS than your N90.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got to hit (albeit only 5 mins) with the MX-80 ordered through visor. It was strung with VS-850 @ 28 lb. Firstly it felt slightly lighter, making driving and blocks off smashes a breeze. Overheads were crisp; liked the feedback from the strings. Although I did not try to hit too hard smashes were decent; very nice feeling off these strings.

I'll wait to see how it feels as the tension slips; going by the reputation of this string, I'm expecting it to.

Yup, I think I got a good one.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    That was a big mistake, darren. The extra stiffness plus the 80 holes means you should've strung the MX80 anywhere up to 3lbs LESS than your N90.
    Don't worry, the vs850 is still newly strung... give it a few weeks and it'll drop at least 2 lbs by then.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lolz, very true.

That's the dilemma I have at the moment.

I have one MX strung at 25lbs with VS850 that's dropped off but stablised, and another MX strung with the older style ZM67 also at 25lbs which I haven't used yet.

I have a few packets of the new red ZM67, but have no idea what to string both rackets at.

I'm thinking because ZM holds it's tension well, I might go as low as 23x25.

I just wish VS850 was more stable because it feels awesome with the MX80.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lolz, very true.

That's the dilemma I have at the moment.

I have one MX strung at 25lbs with VS850 that's dropped off but stablised, and another MX strung with the older style ZM67 also at 25lbs which I haven't used yet.

I have a few packets of the new red ZM67, but have no idea what to string both rackets at.

I'm thinking because ZM holds it's tension well, I might go as low as 23x25.

I just wish VS850 was more stable because it feels awesome with the MX80.
    Since im ok with with 26lbs on my N90 ,I will try to lower down my tension to 24lbs on my my MX80.
    Share with us your review with 23x25 when you string that next time.
    I'm wondering will it be better if we lower down the tension.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lolz, very true.That's the dilemma I have at the moment.I have one MX strung at 25lbs with VS850 that's dropped off but stablised, and another MX strung with the older style ZM67 also at 25lbs which I haven't used yet.I have a few packets of the new red ZM67, but have no idea what to string both rackets at.I'm thinking because ZM holds it's tension well, I might go as low as 23x25.I just wish VS850 was more stable because it feels awesome with the MX80.
    zm67 only drops 1 lb in total, whereas vs850 drops 2-3 lbs in total (unless you pre stretch it manually before handing it to your stringer. I usually take out 8-10 inches of slack and it only drops 1 lb). So take that into account when you request your tension.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how to pre-stretch string. Sounds scary.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know how to pre-stretch string. Sounds scary.
    Nah, it's easy. . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=praas...e_gdata_player Follow this, even though it's for tennis strings, works just the same. Loop the string around something solid and smooth. Wrap the free ends around an old racket handle. Gradually pull on it until you feel it doesn't stretch much anymore. Takes a minute or two. For vs850, I've easily stretched it by 8". Can easily go to 10" if I wanted to. Zm67 however only stretched by 2" with about the same force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tested my MX80 4UG2, strung with bg66M @26lbs last nite, Fast drives and pushes really impressed me! but one thing i like bout this beast was that, returning smashes was a breeze...i even lifted the shuttles to let my opponents smash and enjoyed returning them. made two or three cross over returns which normally i seldom can do. though i did some decent smashes but i do feel i need to adjust more on the timing. a really fast racket! i thought after 2 hours of playing i will feel some pain in my wrists, but gladly, nothing!!! looking forward for some games using mx80, i never even took out my T2v2 and arc10 in my bag. hehehhe....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After about 10 hours of playing with this, I could say that I love it more and more IF I am in a good condition.. If I am on a bad condition, I HATE this racket bcoz it just makes it worse.. so, it's like a double edged sword to me..

btw, I think 2 lbs different from an 'ordinary-cheap' racket is not enough.. In the past, i can hit comfortably with 27lbs on my old racket.. but now on MX80, even with 25lbs it still feel like i'm hitting the shuttlecock with a wood.. -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    Paintchips are normal if you play doubles. If you want no paintchips you never mishit the birdie. This is normal but I would be angry too if a newbie clash in my rackets. One week ago a weak partner clashed in my MX80. First paintchips. Think twice. A racket with paintchips is like a body with scars. Everyone can tell a story.
    yeah.. what I am afraid it's not the paintchips.. but the after-effect of it, like maybe the strength will go down so the next time i mishit/have clashes again, it will break or something like that..

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Nah, it's easy. . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=praas...e_gdata_player Follow this, even though it's for tennis strings, works just the same. Loop the string around something solid and smooth. Wrap the free ends around an old racket handle. Gradually pull on it until you feel it doesn't stretch much anymore. Takes a minute or two. For vs850, I've easily stretched it by 8". Can easily go to 10" if I wanted to. Zm67 however only stretched by 2" with about the same force.
    so, u mean VS-850 is elastic-type string??