User Tag List

Page 96 of 146 FirstFirst ... 46 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,616 to 1,632 of 2473
  1. #1616
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,846
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 57.Christ View Post
    After about 10 hours of playing with this, I could say that I love it more and more IF I am in a good condition.. If I am on a bad condition, I HATE this racket bcoz it just makes it worse.. so, it's like a double edged sword to me..

    btw, I think 2 lbs different from an 'ordinary-cheap' racket is not enough.. In the past, i can hit comfortably with 27lbs on my old racket.. but now on MX80, even with 25lbs it still feel like i'm hitting the shuttlecock with a wood.. -_-'



    yeah.. what I am afraid it's not the paintchips.. but the after-effect of it, like maybe the strength will go down so the next time i mishit/have clashes again, it will break or something like that..



    so, u mean VS-850 is elastic-type string??
    Huh. Weird. Personally, I can't feel much difference regarding the string tension - my BS10s are strung with a ~28lbs BG80, just like my MX80s. Honestly, I don't see a difference in string/tension feel. The racket is stiffer and heavier, but the string really doesn't seem different.
    Once I got really used to the MX, clears were just as easy as with the BS10, although when I'm really adapted to THAT, smashes are somehow a tad stronger. Probably a combination of the softer shaft and faster swing.

    Regarding the VS850 - I wouldn't say it's more or less elastic than other strings, it just loses tension. If you string it at the same tension as, say, a BG80 without pre-stretching either, the VS850 will be noticeably softer after just 2 training sessions, and will 'stabilize' about 2-3 lbs lower than the BG80. In the beginning, the playing characteristics are very similar to the BG80, but to me, the VS feels 'dead' pretty quickly, which is one of the reasons I don't use it.

  2. #1617
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Huh. Weird. Personally, I can't feel much difference regarding the string tension - my BS10s are strung with a ~28lbs BG80, just like my MX80s. Honestly, I don't see a difference in string/tension feel. The racket is stiffer and heavier, but the string really doesn't seem different.
    Once I got really used to the MX, clears were just as easy as with the BS10, although when I'm really adapted to THAT, smashes are somehow a tad stronger. Probably a combination of the softer shaft and faster swing.

    Regarding the VS850 - I wouldn't say it's more or less elastic than other strings, it just loses tension. If you string it at the same tension as, say, a BG80 without pre-stretching either, the VS850 will be noticeably softer after just 2 training sessions, and will 'stabilize' about 2-3 lbs lower than the BG80. In the beginning, the playing characteristics are very similar to the BG80, but to me, the VS feels 'dead' pretty quickly, which is one of the reasons I don't use it.
    no, mine didn't come from BS10, but from a cheap (US$30) racket, headlight and flexible.. i think i 'jumped' too high to MX80.. but it's ok, even though it's progressing slowly, i'm starting to get the feeling..

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Since I don't have any racket with the same spec to compare, and i'm still not a good badminton player... so, let me give a 'noobs' comments about MX80:
    - Smash ( forehand+backhand ): Definitely ur power will raise a bit bcoz of using this racket, even though i gave it to a woman, she can smash a lil bit faster than usual ( not steeper, but faster ). One thing that I notice is, if u can do a wrist smash ( overhead smash using wrist power ) this racket will be so deadly.
    - Drive: Like anyone said, this racket is made to do drive.. even if u're not good at drive ( like me ) u will eventually love it, bcoz the accuracy is so good.
    - Lob: A little bit slower, maybe due to mine is 87g ( my previous one is 4U ), and 1 problem, if I late just for a millisecond, I can't hit it long... maybe due to my wrist is not good..
    - Defending ( forehand+backhand ): at first i'm afraid i can't hit it long due to the heavy racket... but i'm shocked, the ball is almost always out if I defend, like u got more swing speed than the light racket..

    Note:
    - Really not recommended for beginner.. and not really recommended for intermediate who used headlight-flex racket before, as maybe u'll have a little hard time adjusting to it..

    That's it, comments are really welcome.. overall i'm very happy to play with it.. especially in singles... doubles? I have a hard time adjusting the speed and the heaviness of the racket..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  3. #1618
    Regular Member samsudd_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks for the comments...mostly same opinion as mine.

  4. #1619
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Still looking for mx80 in Melbourne, anyone selling it?

  5. #1620
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,253
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Lucas at the Victor shop at 429 Clarendon St Sth Melbourne probably has them in stock.

  6. #1621
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    67
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm looking to get this racket but difficult to find in the UK, one vendor selling it but they are pretty overpriced.

    Any vendors who will ship to UK that are known and sell Victor rackets?

  7. #1622
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,846
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    badmintonshoponline.us is where I got mine, shipment to Germany was really, really quick (once it got out of Hong Kong, 2 days). If you want to choose weight/grip, e-mail them first if it's available, the mail address is the one shown as msn contact. They usually respond within 24 hours on working days.

    It's released in Germany as well now, so if you can read German, you could get it here as well. Price is not very different, I think bso is a bit cheaper, but doesn't have 3UG3 in stock, whereas that's the standard we get here.

  8. #1623
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Played singles with my MX80 all night last night. Went 2-1 for the night. I found the MX80 to be stiffer than my Yonex VT80. I was not able to draw out enough power from my MX80 to make my smashes comparable to my VT80. I was quicker in defending against smashes and drives with the MX80. I was slightly better at net play also with the MX80. I think I will stick with my VT80 (smashing) for singles and MX80 (quickness and accuracy) for doubles.

    Played with AS30 again. And again the feathers last only 1 game. But the bright side is that I'm almost finished up the tube. So onto the next brand to try...RSL Classic Tourney.

  9. #1624
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cheras, Malaysia
    Posts
    260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    RSL Classic Tourney.
    I think you would finish it faster than AS30 ....really like to know the end result ...

  10. #1625
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,846
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If AS30 weren't durable enough, Classic Tourneys will disappoint you rather strongly. I was delighted with their flight, but could never get one to last more than 1 game. Even in singles where the hardest smash was probably only 100kph
    For me, there are 2 shuttles I like to play - Oliver Apex 100, not because of their nice durability or quality, but because we get them for 10€ per tube in our club (we have a contract with Oliver, I think), or AS40 when I want the shuttle to last and fly better. Some days, you just have bad luck and pull 3 Apex 100 fresh out of the tube and they all wobble...anyhow, don't get your hopes up too high for those RSL

    I got an interesting problem - I just restrung one MX and re-gripped both of them, but just as I was about to use them, I ran out of grip powder. So, with the towel grip fresh and slippery, I can't test the new string at all (NBG98@28). D: Waiting for the grip powder are the longest 3 days of badminton so far, I was never so unsure which racket to use Doesn't help that the BS10s string snapped after less than 40 minutes. Seriously, the NBG98 feels great, but is just as brittle as the BG66.

  11. #1626
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    10,094
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Played singles with my MX80 all night last night. Went 2-1 for the night. I found the MX80 to be stiffer than my Yonex VT80. I was not able to draw out enough power from my MX80 to make my smashes comparable to my VT80. I was quicker in defending against smashes and drives with the MX80. I was slightly better at net play also with the MX80. I think I will stick with my VT80 (smashing) for singles and MX80 (quickness and accuracy) for doubles. Played with AS30 again. And again the feathers last only 1 game. But the bright side is that I'm almost finished up the tube. So onto the next brand to try...RSL Classic Tourney.
    Do you steam the shuttles 2 days before playing? They tend to survive better in our cold dry north American climate.

  12. #1627
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Do you steam the shuttles 2 days before playing? They tend to survive better in our cold dry north American climate.
    Haha, if you want dry and cold, try Calgary. You'll literally cry as the shuttle disintegrates before your eyes with every hit. The conditions there are brutal on shuttles, steamed or not.

    I gave the MX-80 I ordered through you a real run this week. On Monday, after I broke the strings on the other one, I was able to use it for about 1.5 hours. Because the strings (VS-850) were still pretty much at the ordered tension (28 lb), all the shots felt crisp, strong and precise. This racket was a little lighter than my other one and there was a better feel with the maneuverability. Still no complaints about the power at this point.

    Using the same racket, yesterday started well. Again shots were crisp and feedback was as I expected. 2 hours later, the tension had dropped noticeably and the feel was softer and more muted. I seemed to be increasingly mistiming my shots and clears were not reaching the back (based on my normal swing). After a while I stopped smashing altogether. So it's true what they say about the VS-850 string and the tension loss.

    Fortunately I got the other MX-80 (slightly heavier one) restrung so can go to it again.

  13. #1628
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Do you steam the shuttles 2 days before playing? They tend to survive better in our cold dry north American climate.
    No. Straight out of the tube. Might as well be consistent with all of them. I'll start to keep them in the bathroom (ie. like kwun does) once I settle on the shuttle.

  14. #1629
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    10,094
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    No. Straight out of the tube. Might as well be consistent with all of them. I'll start to keep them in the bathroom (ie. like kwun does) once I settle on the shuttle.
    No, still best to do it this way, 2 days before using. Boil water in kettle. Open both ends of a tube of shuttles. Place one end over the exhausting steam for 2 mins. Close the tube both ends and store for 2 days in cool place for 2 days. Guaranteed to last much longer!

  15. #1630
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    10,094
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    @madbad: Try prestretching vs850 before you give it to your stringer, it'll hold tension better. I prestretched mine by 7 inches and it only lost 2 lbs over 6 weeks of intense play. I prestretched another by 9.5 inches, will be picking up today to try out tonight! The feel and repulsion of the string is just too addictive!

  16. #1631
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    No, still best to do it this way, 2 days before using. Boil water in kettle. Open both ends of a tube of shuttles. Place one end over the exhausting steam for 2 mins. Close the tube both ends and store for 2 days in cool place for 2 days. Guaranteed to last much longer!
    I can just imagine the looks I'll be getting from my wife

  17. #1632
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    @madbad: Try prestretching vs850 before you give it to your stringer, it'll hold tension better. I prestretched mine by 7 inches and it only lost 2 lbs over 6 weeks of intense play. I prestretched another by 9.5 inches, will be picking up today to try out tonight! The feel and repulsion of the string is just too addictive!
    I agree with you about the feel and repulsion of this string. Way too addictive!

    Let me know when you will be putting in the next RKEP order. Strings are on the agenda. Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. FS/FT: Victor Meteor MX80 (MY)
    By mizivincible in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 9
    : 03-31-2012, 03:43 PM
  2. FS: Mint Victor Meteor 80 MX-80 MX80 badminton racquet w/ new BG-70 pro string (GTA)
    By vtnam007 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 02-12-2012, 12:18 AM
  3. FT: Victor Meteor MX70 for Meteor MX80
    By kenny_eng in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 12-20-2011, 10:24 AM
  4. WTB: Victor Meteor MX80
    By KB@TB Em in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 07-17-2011, 07:46 AM
  5. WTB: Victor meteor MX80
    By araz916 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 05-25-2011, 03:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •