User Tag List

Page 99 of 146 FirstFirst ... 49 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,667 to 1,683 of 2473
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jughead Jones View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong...Jung Jae Sung is currently using MX80 in Yonex Denmark Open 2011?
    You're right, he's been using it ever since the WC. The ad that he uses the SW37 is not correct, just like the one advertising the MX80 as LYD's racket (saw both at badmintonshoponline).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup,1st set jjs using sw37,2nd and 3rd using mx80

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dream01 View Post
    yup,1st set jjs using sw37,2nd and 3rd using mx80
    Interesting, wonder what happened to him and his sw35? I think Ko and Yoo also using sw37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like MX80 more and more... it's really amazing one u get used to the timing

could u guys recommend a racket for the substitute when i'm tired playing with MX80? the one that doesn't need to change the hit-timing but more forgiving..

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 57.Christ View Post
    I like MX80 more and more... it's really amazing one u get used to the timing could u guys recommend a racket for the substitute when i'm tired playing with MX80? the one that doesn't need to change the hit-timing but more forgiving..
    Look no further than the mx70! But make sure you get the same wt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Look no further than the mx70! But make sure you get the same wt.
    hmm... good idea, but the color scheme really turned me off..
    how bout Spira22 or BS12?

btw, i've tried BS10.. it's soo good, but it's faster than MX80, so if i have to change during games, i'll have to re-adjust again..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me tell you something now. I have played with so many racquets and none and i mean none compare to it. There is something to it that just defies everything. Its really fast (one of the fastest if not the fastest head heavy racquet out there) and yet even with slow shots, the weight in the head gives it the power almost equivalent to the VT80 with less effort. If u need a backup racquet, buy a lighter one or get one of same weight but lower tension. my 2p

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pictures? I think I saw him using the BS12.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Interesting, wonder what happened to him and his sw35? I think Ko and Yoo also using sw37.
    He changed to the MX80 before the WC, probably because Victor wants to discontinue the SW35.
    Ko changed to the SW35, Yoo uses the BS12 (just watch the WC matches of both pairs, the bwf channel on youtube has them in amazing quality).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wan Ho Shon is using the MX80 as well. JJS I definitely saw with an MX80 yesterday ...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Wan Ho Shon is using the MX80 as well. JJS I definitely saw with an MX80 yesterday ...
    No question about JJS's racket. There's no doubt he uses the MX80. Seems like the SW35 players are devided - some change to the MX80, some prefer the SW37....although I'm a bit surprised Shon Wan Ho chose the MX80. Most singles players go for head weight rather than stiffness...but if I remember correctly, his game was kinda defensive and based on accuracy rather than power.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Shon Wan Ho used Explorer 68 (?) before... And yes, for ^^shon it's accuracy over power. Not a lot of aggression.

^^As a SW35 user, I don't feel comfortable with the MX80 as much as the SW35 (maybe cause I've used the SW35 for more than a year) im interested to try the SW37, but I prefer the SW35 to anything, so why change?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just ended up in that US Open thread for some face recognition. The Explorer was of one o the TPE players ...
    I believe Wan Ho Shon used SW35. Shin Baek Cheol is/was also a SW35 user so keep an eye out
    I thought Wan Ho Shon was the Korean equivalent of Sho Sasaki but perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly ...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just ended up in that US Open thread for some face recognition. The Explorer was of one o the TPE players ...
    I believe Wan Ho Shon used SW35. Shin Baek Cheol is/was also a SW35 user so keep an eye out
    I thought Wan Ho Shon was the Korean equivalent of Sho Sasaki but perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly ...
    I haven't seen much of him, just the match against LCW in the 2010 AE and another random match, but he played defensively in both. Of course he smashes at times, there's no way you can win matches at the level without a smash, but he bases his game on a solid defense and accuracy, not powerful attacks.
    Imop, the only Korean that compares to SS is Lee Hyun Il, although he plays more patiently.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upon closer inspection it was a SW33P. I saw the US Open match against Ouseph only ... who wouldn't play defensively against LCW . You could very well be right though, looking at the result it was a rather tame loss against Ouseph. Perhaps Taiwan 2010 GP Final has a vid ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 10-20-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

edit: found a more compact vid, Smashfest 2011 (first time I really see Dionysus in action): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1B1h...eature=related
    Last edited by demolidor; 10-20-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit: found a more compact vid, Smashfest 2011 (first time I really see Dionysus in action): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1B1h...eature=related
    Well perhaps I saw the wrong two matches. Watching game 1, I can't help but feel right about the 'accuracy over power' thing - while he attacks more than I remember, he smashes nearly no good lift and wins many points by surprising NTM rather than overpowering his defence. His netplay looks great against NTM - it was rather average-looking against LCW

But you're right, LCW just plays at a much higher pace than anyone but LD. Many players look very defensive playing against him because he sets the pace so high and always finds open space in the court so they can't attack as much as they want to....
    I certainly find it hard to attack against quick players who don't lift as high as I'd like. But my game is kind of defensive anyway, using my great reach to it's fullest