User Tag List

Page 105 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5 55 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,769 to 1,785 of 2507
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    I hate 95 but 98 feels very.
    Depends on the tension - most people hate the NBG95 at lower tensions, but like it at 30+. Same for me, I absolutely hated it at first, but at 30, 31 and 32 it's very nice. Pretty hard though

The NBG98 is a bit better in all aspects except tension retaining and durability....I'd recommend stringing it 1lbs harder than you would a BG80.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Depends on the tension - most people hate the NBG95.
    Sounds like I made the wrong string choice What else is wrong with it apart from the fact that feels slippery? I used bg65 at 24lbs a lot on different rackets, how does it compare?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I also don't like the BG65 below 29, so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask - but most people with somewhat advanced skill complain the NBG95 feels numb. Not the softer feeling of the BG65, but really numb. Had the same problem back when I had one with 22lbs on my ZS (actually had asked for 25). If you're used to the BG65@24, you'll probably like it better than me

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I also don't like the BG65 below 29, so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask - but most people with somewhat advanced skill complain the NBG95 feels numb. Not the softer feeling of the BG65, but really numb. Had the same problem back when I had one with 22lbs on my ZS (actually had asked for 25). If you're used to the BG65@24, you'll probably like it better than me
    I'll see how it goes, I can always re-string.
    To me, numb sounds like lack of feedback - the way my ZS feels.
    I have bg65 on vt80 and bg68ti on ZS both 24lbs. I find playing netshots and dropshots with the ZS difficult and with mediocre results. I was wondering if a different string would improve feedback. With vt80 netshots are great. In fact a combination of great feedback and agility is what i expect from the mx80 It's good to know the string makes such difference. Cheers!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please move to the string section.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    Please move to the string section.
    We are still on topic: strings for the mx80

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the MX80, there are no numb strings - the racket gives so much feedback, I'm actually pondering changing to a softer string on it so I don't get as much The 68Ti is one of my most-hated strings, and the soft feeling will certainly not help if you don't get enough feedback from the ZS. I found the NBG98 and BG80 to be superb on it.

On the MX80 (to stay on topic), the BG80 beats the NBG98 imop. Although I'm biased towards the BG80 anyway.
    66UM would be interesting, as I found it to be surprisingly soft, and the repulsion is great....

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

On the MX80, there are no numb strings - the racket gives so much feedback, I'm actually pondering changing to a softer string on it so I don't get as much The 68Ti is one of my most-hated strings, and the soft feeling will certainly not help if you don't get enough feedback from the ZS. I found the NBG98 and BG80 to be superb on it.

On the MX80 (to stay on topic), the BG80 beats the NBG98 imop. Although I'm biased towards the BG80 anyway.
    66UM would be interesting, as I found it to be surprisingly soft, and the repulsion is great....
    i find bg66um slightly numb and dull. Victor NS660Ti which i tried for one evening provide surprisingly amount of repulsion at 25lbs and at the same time provide moderate amount of feel but also medium softness for people who likes softer strings. i will surely try it out on the mx80 when:

- the ns660ti is released.
    - i get around to replace my mx80

(like, many things, time and money...)

i think the combination will have a lot of potential.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the racket delivered and I look forward to play with it tonight.

My first observations are:
    Looks like quality, I love the squash octogon section - perhaps what gives the low drag .

Feels very head heavy but moves surprisingly quickly. I couldnt test properly, had a few flicks in the house.
    The BP with one yonex grap on top of the original grip was 305mm (!) It came down to 292mm after adding and extra grap (my hands are big)
    The stringing feels stiffer than 24lbs on the other rackets I have.

I'll write a full report of my first session and how it compares to VT80 and ZS.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

are you using the same stringer for the MX80 as your previous rackets?

with one extra cross string at the bottom the stringbed will feel slightly stiffer.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    are you using the same stringer for the MX80 as your previous rackets?with one extra cross string at the bottom the stringbed will feel slightly stiffer.
    As I postulated in the previous page, the extra stiff stringbed feel is not due to denser string pattern (it's no denser than a normal 72 hole racket), but due to 4 less shared holes on each side (3 top, 1 bottom). Less shared holes means that the string is better supported by the frame/grommet, hence the stringbed will feel stiffer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    As I postulated in the previous page, the extra stiff stringbed feel is not due to denser string pattern (it's no denser than a normal 72 hole racket), but due to 4 less shared holes on each side (3 top, 1 bottom). Less shared holes means that the string is better supported by the frame/grommet, hence the stringbed will feel stiffer.
    I genuinely don't feel any difference between my SW35 (72 Holes) and MX80 (80 Holes) I string them at the same tension, and I don't feel any real difference if I'm honest.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a "0.67 String Shootout" on my MX80s. I posted it somewhere.....maybe on this thread.

Anyway, to summarise, I tried ZM67, BG80, BG80P, and VS850. All on a pair of MX80s at the same tension.

ZM67 - New kid on the block, good combo of feel and power, slight edge towards repulsion. Red colour looks awesome.
    BG80 - The classic all-rounder. Doesn't do anything badly. People complain about durability but I've never had any problems.
    BG80P - Not sure where the power is, but there is none at this tension. I think this string would add durability for high tensions users and probably be great at 30+lbs, but I couldn't be bothered finding out.
    VS850 - Seductive feel in the front court, very tactile string. Great all-rounder with slight bias towards tactical game. Loses tension easily so needs a good stringer.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I think you're right about this. Also think the woven frame adds to the crazy overall stiffness which adds to the feel of everything being 'tighter'. I think this is why I liked my 80's a few grams lighter than my other rackets and a couple pounds less tension.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So by .67 string shootout you mean .68 string shootout with the ZM67 added....
    Anyhow, I can only agree with you on the BG80. Very nice, powerful string with reasonable durability...most people complaining about it couldn't find a racket's sweetspot to save their live, let alone hit it consistently.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    are you using the same stringer for the MX80 as your previous rackets?

with one extra cross string at the bottom the stringbed will feel slightly stiffer.
    The stringing was done by the shop I purchased from. The other rackets were done by different stringers and shops. To be fair I dont know much about stringing patterns - when i got my ZS I was going to call the shop to check if they messed up something because I could swear there were a couple of rows missing at the bottom of the frame

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    ----snip----
    Also think the woven frame adds to the crazy overall stiffness which adds to the feel of everything being 'tighter'. I think this is why I liked my 80's a few grams lighter than my other rackets and a couple pounds less tension.
    I think the woven component basically enhances (a lot! ) the stability of the frame, but the stiffness (or lack of) is down to other components like nanotubes and stuff like that... I think... maybe.... IMO.... possibly........