User Tag List

Page 135 of 146 FirstFirst ... 35 85 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 LastLast
Results 2,279 to 2,295 of 2473
  1. #2279
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also have some 80 in stock for Montreal, Canada! Inbox

  2. #2280
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's two new MX80's ordered courtesy of Ben Very helpful as usual, even on a Saturday.

    Visor I could try the PPro but I am desperately trying to reduce the number of rackets I own and also trying to stop buying loads to try out. So far this year I am almost breaking even with number of old rackets sold to number purchased. 4 sold, 5 purchased. I would be lying if I said the PPro and Revelation weren't tempting me but the MX80 is a racket I feel very at home with at the moment.
    Even if it is somewhat challenging on days I am tired.

    To get stronger try doing shadow exercises, drives, clears etc with a racket cover on your racket. Most importantly make sure you have the correct technique first as that will make more of a difference than raw strength. To extract the most power have good footwork and speed around court to get behind the shuttle so you can put your whole body into the shot, that makes a huge difference.

    Personally I string my MX80 with BG80 at somewhere between 24-26lbs depending on how fit I am. But string choice and tension are very personal. For me that tension and string feels pretty unbelievable if you get things dead centre of the sweet spot and progressively worse if you don't... In other words it rewards you for playing well. But most people don't like this all or nothing approach. Somewhere around 22-24lbs is a good tension for most "average" local league players in the UK. String choice is up to you.

  3. #2281
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevex View Post
    That's two new MX80's ordered courtesy of Ben Very helpful as usual, even on a Saturday.

    Visor I could try the PPro but I am desperately trying to reduce the number of rackets I own and also trying to stop buying loads to try out. So far this year I am almost breaking even with number of old rackets sold to number purchased. 4 sold, 5 purchased. I would be lying if I said the PPro and Revelation weren't tempting me but the MX80 is a racket I feel very at home with at the moment.
    Even if it is somewhat challenging on days I am tired.

    To get stronger try doing shadow exercises, drives, clears etc with a racket cover on your racket. Most importantly make sure you have the correct technique first as that will make more of a difference than raw strength. To extract the most power have good footwork and speed around court to get behind the shuttle so you can put your whole body into the shot, that makes a huge difference.

    Personally I string my MX80 with BG80 at somewhere between 24-26lbs depending on how fit I am. But string choice and tension are very personal. For me that tension and string feels pretty unbelievable if you get things dead centre of the sweet spot and progressively worse if you don't... In other words it rewards you for playing well. But most people don't like this all or nothing approach. Somewhere around 22-24lbs is a good tension for most "average" local league players in the UK. String choice is up to you.
    Had a little chuckle at the 'all or nothing' on 24-26lbs But BG80 is a good choice for this racket. The hard feeling of the string and hard feeling of the racket complement each other well, the only strings that would be even better for that would be the ZM65 and 67, I think. With softer strings (BG65, for example) you have to go pretty high in tension to get the crisp feeling this racket is all about (instead of 28lbs/ZM65, 28-29lbs/BG80 I have to go to 32 or 33 with the BG65).

  4. #2282
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Had a little chuckle at the 'all or nothing' on 24-26lbs But BG80 is a good choice for this racket. The hard feeling of the string and hard feeling of the racket complement each other well, the only strings that would be even better for that would be the ZM65 and 67, I think. With softer strings (BG65, for example) you have to go pretty high in tension to get the crisp feeling this racket is all about (instead of 28lbs/ZM65, 28-29lbs/BG80 I have to go to 32 or 33 with the BG65).
    I do believe you might be insulting my ability/ hand eye coordination good sir! :P Come to England and I can give you a lesson in badminton (cough, cough). If you played at the club I play at you might understand a bit more. The hall is freezing in winter and we play with slow shuttles... However I will admit to not really being consistent enough to play with much beyond 26lbs at the moment.

    Two other strings to try would be VS850 (as already mentioned) at about 1-2lbs higher than BG80 (to allow for tension loss) or Zymax 62 if you are a stringer/ made of money/never mis-hit.

    I do agree that a soft feeling string doesn't match this racket, it feels a bit odd. But you do have to remember that not everyone can play with high tensions and doing so can lead to injury, hence my suggestion to start lower and work up rather than going straight in at 30lbs and hurting your arm after a week.

  5. #2283
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hm. Did I? Not intentionally, for sure. But I've played in England before, and the halls I was in were indeed decidedly un-cozy. Although I did not state I was any better, I don't consider my string tensions 'all-or-nothing' either
    Agree on the ZM62, that thing is so fragile you can't really afford to play with it at anything beyond 25lbs, and even then it's a stretch - you have to hit very cleanly, and should have your own machine (to string at least the endless ZM62s you'll break ). Used mine up a couple months ago, and broke 3 in one session (mis-hit smash, drive, and net kill). Can't say if they improved the durability with the 2nd gen, but the first was awful^^

    Well, I didn't say much about the tension, just that harder feeling strings are generally better for this racket imop. At what tension you string is entirely up to you and depends on both skill and preference. For example there are a few players in my club that are undoubtedly stronger than me, yet string lower - they just don't like the extra effort they have to put in at my tension.

  6. #2284
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hv mx80 n on its shaft there was stated 'developed by victor taiwan'.bt recently i saw my friend mx80 has a difference sentence cmpard to mine whch shown 'made in taiwan'.is ths normal?is it new batch of mx80?when we cmpard it,both are identical in the feeling of the racket.what makes me confius is the sentences on the shaft.any idea on ths? - sorry for double post.. i guess my 1st post was at the wrong thread... "''

  7. #2285
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    your confusing 2 things..ala victor rackets are developped by victor taiwan, but different rackets are made in different places. For example, the JJS are all made in China but within different factories with different quality checks.

  8. #2286
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorgabriel1 View Post
    your confusing 2 things..ala victor rackets are developped by victor taiwan, but different rackets are made in different places. For example, the JJS are all made in China but within different factories with different quality checks.
    tq for ur info bro.wat i meant was if we refer to the mx80 shaft, it stated 'ultra high modulus graphite-developed by victor taiwan.bt my friend is different,'ultra high modulus graphite-made in taiwan'.fyi,both raket stated taiwan at the butt cap n the feel for both are the same.i bought mine early ths yr while my friend bought his a week ago.is it new batch?any idea or info on ths.tqvm

  9. #2287
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what is ur code? is it like TWsomething also?

  10. #2288
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Both of us MY coded

  11. #2289
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Melaka,Malaysia
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    just bought one a few days before...and i would say i like is very much...but feel a little too stiff for my liking...ani less stiff alternative?i quite like the stiffness of mx70,is london or jjs in between dis 2...?

  12. #2290
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can someone tell me how different is MX80 from Z Force in terms of power? Which packs more punch? And the balance point

  13. #2291
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,371
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    For the same wt, zf has more punch of course... as it has a much higher swing wt. You're comparing a bp of 295mm vs 310mm! .

    However mx80 is more aerodynamic and so is faster transitioning and more maneuverable.
    Last edited by visor; 12-13-2012 at 08:52 PM.

  14. #2292
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    0.0.... What abt MXJJS?

  15. #2293
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got a z force and I'm thinking abt getting either mx80 or jjs. Hav u heard of the new racket? Thruster k8000? I'm also interested in that. Haha

  16. #2294
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK / Belgium
    Posts
    550
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's strange to be considering such different rackets ... Think about the flexibility that best suits you, and make a decision based on that.

  17. #2295
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah.. True. I guess I prefer stiffer rackets. I hav a pretty decent smash so stiffer rackets will benefit more. But I'm interested in the 'technologies' in victor in terms of feel and power. I play doubles and looking for a better weapon than Z Force. Well Z Force is a great racket but I want to try other rackets. So what's ur opinion on X80 n JJS?

Similar Threads

  1. FS/FT: Victor Meteor MX80 (MY)
    By mizivincible in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 9
    : 03-31-2012, 02:43 PM
  2. FS: Mint Victor Meteor 80 MX-80 MX80 badminton racquet w/ new BG-70 pro string (GTA)
    By vtnam007 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 02-11-2012, 11:18 PM
  3. FT: Victor Meteor MX70 for Meteor MX80
    By kenny_eng in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 12-20-2011, 09:24 AM
  4. WTB: Victor Meteor MX80
    By KB@TB Em in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 07-17-2011, 06:46 AM
  5. WTB: Victor meteor MX80
    By araz916 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 05-25-2011, 02:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •