fake rackets

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by bogey, Mar 22, 2003.

1. bogey

bogey Regular Member

I'm a newbie in this site so bear with me. Of course I tried the search button first. I used to play badminton several years back but got hooked on bowling for the last 3 years. Anyway, my friends started playing so I decided join them. Now, I want to replace my old Carbonex racket. The thing is I don't want to get a Yonex anymore cause I purhcased a fake one in the past ( my friend told me, and it cracked almost a week after) and I wouldn't know the difference. I"m just wondering if other companies like Carlton,Prince, Wilson etc, also have fake ones. So I can get one of those instead.Thanks

2. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

What do you think your skill level is at? I'm assuming you're in Asia since you're getting fakes. I think you just got a fake because you didn't realize there was fakes. Some fakes are noticeably different (IE, bad paint job, bad logo clone etc).

Until we know your skill level, we can't really suggest anything! :p

Yodums

3. AMRaider

AMRaider Regular Member

I'm sorry you got a fake. If you live in the USA, chances of getting a fake Yonex are usually pretty small I have heard. If you don't trust the shop, you can always go to www.yonex.com and use their search engine to find a certified yonex dealer. If the dealer doesn't have the racquet you want in stock, they can usually order one directly from Yonex USA.
    If you really don't want a Yonex for whatever reason, I recommend Carlton although they seem to be more prone to breaking. I tried my friends Carlton in high school and it was a little more head heavy than my Cab20 Power and I could get great smashes out of it (although his Carlton did break after a year and a half!). If you want to order online I recommend San Diego Badminton Supply http://www.badminton.net/~iyang/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html.
    I also recommend Badminton Alley http://www.badmintonalley.com/. They have a great selection of non-Yonex brands. I have ordered from both of these stores and I have found their service to be execellent. There are many others of course. Check out http://www.badmintoncentral.com/badminton-central/retailers-content.php and http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6200&highlight=retailer for other retailors.

Good luck choosing a racquet!

4. bogey

bogey Regular Member

I ' m not a begginer. I played almost 5 times a week for 3 years ( which was around 6 yrs ago). I would say a class b player (if there is such a thing). I wouldn't know coz' I never really competed. and I do live in Asia by the way.

5. icandoall

icandoall Regular Member

Guitarist....
    ummm

It all depends on how you think..
    If you like 5 dollar racquet from Walmart then you can use it..
    but I am using Black Knight which is not bad..
    My model is M-2010 C4....
    its not bad..
    Anyway good luck...

6. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    I think what you are concerned about is how do you avoid getting ripped off again being sold a fake. and there is no easy answer and avoiding buying any major brand of racquet doesn't really help, since fakes seem to come in all brands and models these days.

The first and foremost in any purchase is trust - do you trust the seller? Is the seller above board, and is not 'knowingly' selling you a fake item? That's a hard one. You either have to do your research or enlist the help of some of your player friends who know which sellers are reputable.

The other side of this is to buy any racquet knowing they are fakes, and just don't worry about it, as long as you didn't pay the genuine full price for it. I've only been playing with cheap racquet these days, nothing costing more than 60 - $70 CAD. Now I know they may be somewhat questionable about the origin, but I really don't care since these racquets perform quite well.

7. perry

perry New Member

Student
    well, you can get winex version of yonex rackets if you don't like fakes but clones. I have a winex mighty muscle 88 and it's pretty good.

8. bogey

bogey Regular Member

I don't mind getting clones or fakes as long as I don't pay full price for it. I'm just trying to get my moneys's worth. I don't have access to clones so I'm trying to avoid the fakes. Coz the shops never claim to sell fakes so I was wondering if the other brands do have fakes. Well, the isue on Yones is pretty clear so I'm avoiding that. But from the replies it seems that even other companies too have fakes. I'll just try to get hold of a Winex to make sure I get my money's worth.Thanks for the interest.

9. Mister Wong

Mister Wong Regular Member

You should look into the brand Yang-Yang too, their rackets are really light and give the player very good control.

10. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Where are you located? I tried the Forza 2200 and it is a great racquet! Very stiff and you will definitely be satisfied. Or, you can take AMRaider's suggestion and ask about a vendor on the forums before buying from them so you're sure that you won't get jipped.

Yodums

11. smash_mouth

smash_mouth New Member

??

i bought armortec 300 at tobys wayback 2004.even though its pricey[​IMG] .. and i bought an CLass A. imitation(d seller said) and Overrun Racket at the end of the year, for me to know wats theyre differences becoz imitation and the overrun are very much cheaper... it seems dat imitation rackets r heavier, 1 thing ive noticed the said overrun which i bought cheaper at makati was almost the same weight as the original i bought.. the only thing is it doesnt have serials... and i regret to buy at d store.. i wish i have saved more 4 extra buck for Aeroplane shutcocks.!!.[​IMG]

i recall one time when my aunt&cousin borrowed my overrun A-300 for a playing spree at marikina.. accidentally collide with her doubles playmate.. weve noticed that its not merely hollow but there are some thread or i think vibration-proof material inside the racket.. same as my neighbors originalMP99 was broken this april., in my own opinion as my experience says Original and Overrun have same flexibility..same materials although it dey differ in paint finish just like buying smuggled Guess jeans and Girbaud same material but packaging is different. and overun can hold up @ tension 28 w/ my titanium strings, same on my original A-300,, dats y i badly need a Armortec300 overrun for my practice games.and doubles game.,, i use my orig only on tournaments, i dont want it to be broken by my doubles-partner just like that.[​IMG] ..

i bought my racket to our PRO trainor bfore wen i was playing at makati..but i cant contact him any more and havnt seen her for some time.. [​IMG]
    can i have opinions frm u guys??