LCW Is Fury Now

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by danielwong, Dec 20, 2010.

1. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Tuesday December 21, 2010

The Star
    Chong Wei: Even Lin Dan’s coach will be of no help

By RAJES PAUL

IPOH: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei says that Malaysian back-up shuttlers will not go anywhere if they do not change their attitude.
    And there was sarcasm in his voice when he said that even Lin Dan’s coach, Tang Hsienhu, will not be able to make world beaters out of Malaysia’s current batch of back-up squad players.
    Chong Wei was frustrated with lack of enthusiasm showed by the squad comprising Liew Daren, Chan Kwong Beng, Chong Wei Feng, Tan Chun Seang and Mohd Arif Abdul Latif.He is getting more and more annoyed with the situation. After all, he has held the status as the country’s top shuttler for far too long. On Sunday, he stretched his invincibility on the local circuit to eight years by winning the Perak Open.
    The 28-year-old Chong Wei said that the back-up players would have to save their own skin.
    “It’s not about the coaches. Malaysia have Misbun (Sidek), Rashid (Sidek) and even Hendrawan. But they cannot help these players if they do not do their part,” he said.
    “We can even bring in Lin Dan’s coach but he too will not be able to do anything about it.”
    After sparring with them for a year, Chong Wei has noted their weaknesses.
    “I am disappointed with their attitude. Daren had no explanation when I asked him the reason for his defeat at the Hong Kong Open (recently). He said he did not know what went wrong,” said Chong Wei.
    “One should be able to analyse his game and understand why he won or lost.
    “Arif is a player from the same batch as Kenichi Tago of Japan. Tago gave me a tough fight at the All-England final this year but I did not see the same fire from Arif (in the semi-finals of the Perak Open).
    “We have a group of players who depend too much dependant on the coaches. They are neither analytical nor want to go the extra mile.
    “From my observation, they are unable to cope with the drills every day of a week. They slow down half way. This is same attitude they show on the court. They give up when the pressure gets to them.”
    Chong Wei hoped that the so called “future stars” would buck up by showing better commitment in training and competitions.
    “I have come a long way and there is no short cut. It is all about hard work,” he said.
    “I hope the back-up players will show better attitude and start making their presence felt in local and international tournaments next year to save their own badminton careers.”

# so much highlight that I choose not to make it bold....
    anyway I trust our LCW words is more meaningful than typical supporters like us...
    what he saw is real than our coffee shop chat....

#1 danielwong, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  2. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

He said it all... more than our BOLEH talks... :)

3. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    what more can he say ?? agree with with even if TSH is coaching here or even god can't help ....

4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Trust LCW to call a spade a spade.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Well, at least the backup players say they don't know why they lost when asked why... Instead of Datuk who either attributes his loss to food poisoning, flu, or back pain. :p

6. danielwong

Salesman
    thats mean the back-up are not learning at all...
    even simple excuse also cannot give...lol

7. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    all habis .. haha

8. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Given the opportunity but you dont want to shine.. that how it works i suppose.

9. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    looking forwards to LIMSY comment about Datuklee's furry towards these Juniors

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no worry
    i will open a new thread on the elite back up/back up2011 after copenhagen master
    cheer

11. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Yes me too.. all his philosophizes and theories are hilarious

12. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    This is disappointing.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    what do u expect?

u sure?
    read this post

who more hilarious eh?;)

14. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I dont know where you are getting into but it is so funny that you can related something about you to me.. lol... nvm later i get kicked out of BC if i say anything further.

15. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    HH : Dato, dont angry. U are very high standard players compared with those juniors and baskup players mah. Sure they cannot fight you.

Dato : Correct also ah. International stage i am unbeatable except Super-Dan.

HH : Dato very hot ah? I lagi very hot! I semi-retired. I off-peak since 2003. I non-performing but still they cannot beat me. Want to retire also cannot.

16. danielwong

Salesman
    very funny Dato, actually last few day I read it somewhere about HH complaint about the juniors and back-up...
    what he said is similar to what you posted....too bad I cant recall where I read it....

17. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    LCW is right. That is why Malaysia is only good up to the world junior stage. After that the other top countries leave them far behind.
    Perhaps they need a fat thick cane to whack their behind every time they slip.

18. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    I must take my hat off to LCW for speaking bluntly on the attitude and commitment of the back-up players who have not been performing at all in both the local and international tournaments. This is despite their being in the BAM program for some time and under the charge of very good local and foreign coaches who were champions in their heydays. The coaches can only do that much and the players themselves must do their part.
    It is getting very monotonous to see the winning script written over and over again with MHH coming in second to LCW in most tournaments.
    LCW meant well on his observation and he is not known to vent his frustration publicly.

:(:(:(:(:(

19. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    What opening a new thread has to do with Datuklee's furry?

20. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

LCW should know what's going on best inside the squad. If he makes a statement like that, I would take it as true. Lazy, not willing to work hard, tidak apa attitude... I think many of us know that some players in MS are already like that (e.g. Arif) but there is nothing we can do if they are not willing to take the initiative.