User Tag List

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used to have a badminton forum in my bulletin board where me and my friends discuss our games, share strategies and playing tips, write our funny (we think) after-game reports, or feedbacks about local badminton courts/gyms.

it's offline right now, but if enough guys are interested, i can revive it. just holler.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Originally posted by graphite
    Rors,

Ok! Hey, why dont we just request kwun to create a sub-forum for filipino members since marami-rami naman tayo! Theres one forum that I go to that also has a sub-forum for the pinoy members. (check out my previous post.)
    graphite, considering that we have around 100 member who has philipines as their location, i can see the potential for that!

but you must tell me what would be the intend/goal of the forum, and also language restrictions (if any) and who would be responsible for it and potentially moderating it.

my main concern is the content and also the number of active users for the forum. how much traffic did the previous forums generate? i would hesitate to open up a new forum if there will hardly be any posts there..

cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by antski
    hi guys! where in manila can you buy Adidas Uproar or Downroar indoor court shoes?
    antski, i find uproar, torres and netstar models in toby's sportshouses. downroar is an older model and harder to find. if you know tutuban mall in binondo, manila, there is an adidas depot store there which sells uproar for i think 40% off. actually, all the adidas products there are sold at cheaper prices. my friends bought their adidas shorts there.

i was able to buy my adidas torres at the toby's outlet of SM centerpoint in sta. mesa.

graphite, a subforum would be great if there are lots of active filipinos in this message board. thanks kwun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's from the phils

Hi there. im from manila, and plays everywhere
    If time and budget allows it, I join organizations that roam around the phils to play and enjoy the game i have come to love

emzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kwun
    graphite, considering that we have around 100 member who has philipines as their location, i can see the potential for that!

but you must tell me what would be the intend/goal of the forum, and also language restrictions (if any) and who would be responsible for it and potentially moderating it.

my main concern is the content and also the number of active users for the forum. how much traffic did the previous forums generate? i would hesitate to open up a new forum if there will hardly be any posts there..

cheers.
    Hi Kwun! Here are some of my ideas...

One of the probable goals of the forum is for the Filipino members to be organized and to encourage them to be active in BF. The forum would make it easier for the Filipino members to organize themselves to play baddy or start a tournament or something. It would also encourage more people to join BF! We could also create a BC/BF Philippine contingent! (I think there is also a group like this but from another country but I can't really remember...) Language restrictions would probably just like what we already impose now, no foul words, useless/offensive posts, no commercial advertising and promotion posts, etc. The medium should still be in English, but its up to you if its okay to use Filipino/Tagalog. Maybe you could allow Filipino/Tagalog provided it still follows the forum rules on posting or an English translation must be provided. (optional)

To increase the number of active users, maybe we could e-mail/pm the Filipino members about the new forum and invite them to be active in it. The forum that I mentioned generates fair amount of traffic, having daily posts and stuff. All we need to do is to inform the others about this new forum. As for who would be responsible and potentially moderating it, I could do it since I'm active in BF and I know the language and will be able to monitor their posts but again, the decision is up to you since your the big man of the forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, grassroots devt has been busy touring around the phils for badminton friendly games and scouting for future stars. we hope to come to CDO too

To those who are in Metro Manila, hope to play with you guys.

emzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is a membership in a club worth it?

Hi everyone, a badminton facility will be opening soon near where I live. For those with memberships in these kinds of clubs, I'd like to ask for your opinion and experiences if they are good value for money. I usually play in our village court, and since the game is really booming on our country, sometimes the wait in between games can be more than an hour! This is why I am inclined to join this new club, although I want to make sure that I spend the money wisely. The offer is:

P 2,000 membership
    P 3,500 for a "family package"
    P 50 guest fee for non-members
    P 200 per hour for the Taraflex courts
    P 160 per hour for the concrete courts

This may seem to be the going rate for courts in Manila but we are outside of Metro Manila.

Another thing, is there a contract that you signed when you joined? or even a list of the policies or regulations?

The membership fee is on a limited basis while pre-selling, so it may increase when the club formally opens. That's why I want to join before the fee goes up.

Your opinions will be of help. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the money that you are paying for the membership is a standard rates. You should check the court conditions and also who are the owners. Make sure they have good facilities and ample parking place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is a membership in a club worth it?

Hi there. Where exactly are you from? In Metro Manila, a no. of badminton courts offer membership fee. I'm member to some of those. Whether membership fee is worth it or not depends on (in my opinion):
    1. Is the court exclusive to members? If it is, then how would you like playing often in that court? Think of it this way, membership fee in a way cover for guest fees (if courts allow guests to play) that you should be spending for 1 year. If you play, let's say more than 2x a week, then probably it would be cheaper to sign up as a member, if not, and if the court allows you to play as a guest, then why sign up?
    2. Will the court allow non-members to play without a member? If you think you'll often play in that court, and the court allows non-members to play without hassle of aligning your sched with a member, then why sign up? If not, then it might be more convenient for you to sign up as a member.
    3. Perks given exclusive to members. - How convenient and advantageous it would be to suit your personal needs. e.g. if your schedule demands a limited time in the badminton court, you as a member should be able to have priority in court reservation.
    4. Are there activities being offered that are exclusive to members? Are you interested in joining those activities? If not, why get the membership?

Of course, these pointers assume that you've already made an ocular and the flooring, ceiling, and facilities of the court satisfies you.

On the fee bracket, in Metro Manila, membership ranges from P1000-5000. Usually those cheaper only have taraflex mat with cement flooring, more expensive ones have cozy ambiance, such as lounge, spa, salon, etc. Others price cheaper but with a monthly due. On the court fee, normally taraflex courts are between P200-300. Rubberpainted courts charge cheaper from P100-180. Normal guest fee is P50. Some membership already includes dependents.

If you're outside Metro Manila, I honestly don't have any idea on the price range. But I guess those near Metro would give a little bit cheaper membership or even align theirs with those within Metro esp if there is no immeidate competition in the vicintiy.
    Well I do hope I made a little bit sense.

Regards

Originally posted by loverlionus
    Hi everyone, a badminton facility will be opening soon near where I live. For those with memberships in these kinds of clubs, I'd like to ask for your opinion and experiences if they are good value for money. I usually play in our village court, and since the game is really booming on our country, sometimes the wait in between games can be more than an hour! This is why I am inclined to join this new club, although I want to make sure that I spend the money wisely. The offer is:

P 2,000 membership
    P 3,500 for a "family package"
    P 50 guest fee for non-members
    P 200 per hour for the Taraflex courts
    P 160 per hour for the concrete courts

This may seem to be the going rate for courts in Manila but we are outside of Metro Manila.

Another thing, is there a contract that you signed when you joined? or even a list of the policies or regulations?

The membership fee is on a limited basis while pre-selling, so it may increase when the club formally opens. That's why I want to join before the fee goes up.

Your opinions will be of help. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Baddicts! Tournament

hi pinoys!

if you're interested to join Baddicts! Tournament: Smash for a Cause, please email me, or join the egroup at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/baddicts_tournament

about the pinoy forum, will there be a filipino moderator for that? because otherwise, how would one know if foul words were to be put in tagalog/filipino? anyways, i'm all for it! hope this pushes through

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 1st EventsLink organized Badminton Challenge

Hi everyone,
    I'd like to invite you to the 1st EventsLink Badminton Challenge @ Libis Q.C on December 6 & 7, 2003.

For details you may email myeventslink@yahoo.com
    check out www.scheds.com

Our website will be up real soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi setyr! Are you part of the grassroots team that searches for players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! I play twice a week at Powersmash in Makati City (as a guest) and once either at Flick in Parañaque or Cross Court in Quezon City on weekends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi rors! Is badmintonph still down? any news if it will still be brought up again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone here is joining membership for Yonex court in ShawBlvd? They will be schedule to open in DEC 03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi ants did u already sign up for the yonex badminton club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i joined already.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast