Arc 9 FL review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by PopsiclePete, Dec 21, 2010.

1. PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete Regular Member

Will be posted tomorrow after an intense 4 hour session...

It is strung with 65ti at 26x28 will edit the post afterwards.

2. PopsiclePete

Here we go:

Arc 9FL
    Flex: Medium
    Frame Composition: H.M. Graphite, CS Carbon Nanotube, Toughlex
    Shaft Composition: H.M. Graphite
    Weight: 3U (85.0-89.9g)
    Grip Size: G4
    Length: 674mm (10mm Long)
    Initial thoughts
    Playing time: 3.5 hours in both doubles and singles with feather and nylon.
    String tension: 26 x 28 with BG65-ti

Just a side-note...I usually play with the z-slash or the arc10 so my review may or may not have some residuals left over from these racquets.

While this racquet is made for the females of the badminton community I was pleasantly surprised at its playability. It has the responsiveness of an arc 7, but with the ability for a great doubles game of the arc 10. In the singles match, it was a little too fast as I personally prefer something with more of a head-heavy feel.

Playing
    I was initially expecting this racquet to be something that required more effort to play with being a "feather light" racquet and one that is made for females. However, this was definitely not true. While clears and smashes required a bit more focus on technique and more oomph, the net play with the racquet is quite fun and enjoyable as it's moved around quite easily. Initially my drop shots required me to readjust my timing as the racquet moved through the air a bit faster than I'm used to, but again, once the shuttle hit the stringbed, I could feel it.

For doubles, this was a great defensive racquet, it allows me to move to the shuttle faster, ie make a block, or a net kill. The one thing, if you're used to head-heavy racquets, you may need to use more wrist power to push the shuttle rather than letting the movement of your arm to help out. From an offensive perspective, it was hard for me the generate a lot of power with it, no matter how much I tried. While I was able to get smashes in, it was hard for me to get my usual speed.

Overall, I think this racquet is fun to play with, can be a decent defensive racquet, but if you're a power hitter definitely not something for you to look at. That being said, if you're more of a net player (doubles) this racquet could be something worth your while. I will most likely never play with it at a tournament, but will definitely have it in my bag to show off :D

3. playmaker

playmaker Regular Member

Thanks Pete for the review. I wonder how it plays differ with nanospeed 3000.

4. PopsiclePete

I've never tried the 3000 so I can't really give you a comparison...anyone out there that can help out?

5. Arcsaberz 5

Arcsaberz 5 Regular Member

Playing badminton
    arc 9 fl exist in yonex? i checked yonex website but there arent any..

6. PopsiclePete