Is this a genuine Victor racket?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by csmits, Dec 22, 2010.

1. csmits

csmits New Member

Hello,

I bought via ebay via a personal seller from Germany a new Victor racket at a good price (a Bravesword 10 racket)
    Altough it looks like the real deal (and its clearly a new racket) I was wondering if somebody could inform me if its a genuine one or not (I paid via paypal, so can still claim my money back if not)

The serial number is DE C7144514

The reason i am asking is that because, I noticed some small less nice paint finish at the top of the racket + a small chip without paint on it)

Many thanks in advance

2. csmits

csmits New Member

Hello,
    I have added some pictures.
    one from the racket with it sleeve and one of the top of the racket where i found the finishing was not very well excecuted and where there is a smaal chip without paint. 2010-12-22 15.06.37.jpg 2010-12-22 14.47.16.jpg

3. csmits

csmits New Member

Nobody has any idea or comment about this?

4. flite

flite Regular Member

Its quite common that the paint is not evenly finished especially at this particular area. It happens to almost all BS models from BS08 all the way up to BS11. Some has better finishing but still not to perfection.

As for the paint chip it has nothing to do with the authenticity but to careless handling during shipping or could be someone before you tested the racket and while swinging it, the racket hit on something.

One indication is if your racket can stand high tension 28lbs above without the frame moving too much and out of shape after stringing, then you can be sure its real.

From the photos there is no way one can tell whether the racket is genuine or not but you can try contacting Victor here:
    http://www.google.com.my/url?sa=t&s...wanDCw&usg=AFQjCNFoyhPuko1IjrgD0o1rsWI_vokuEg

All the best.