User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Problems

I have a problem and will like to ask for ur experience and why do it happen ??
    My problems:
    - My habit of not drinking water made mi play like @!#$ when i am in a hot(temp at abt 37 C) hall.
    When i sweat too much, i tends to feel weak and affect my accuracy. After the game, i will sick juz like having fever.

- When i play with my younger brother and his friends and also my schoolfriends, it tends to affect my skills. i dun want to smash at them and their stroke are weak so after i play with them, i join my teacher. But i dun noe why i play at the same as my friends. I remember the best time i play is in my school hall(normal room temp) with my teacher all day. Does the level of the ppl u play with affect ur skills too ????

- When i play with many other racquets for one day cos i forget to bring my own, and the next day i try to play with my own racquet. It seems that i couldn't control my racquet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Problems

I had this problem before. I just never felt like drinking any water. When i felt thirsty once in school during and i drank plenty of water. It took away the 'dizzy' feeling in my head.

But don't drink too much or you'll feel the water swashing in your stomach. Believe me it will help. I've been in the Tampines Sports Hall, its just like a sauna in there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, i forgot....... the last point about the rackets, its because all rackets are different, head shape, weight distribution, flex etc.

You should try to stick with the same racket model or rackets that are of similar compositions. Get used to 1 and stick with it. ITs better that way. Thats why i couldn't switch to the Ti-10. Its too head heavy for me and its Isometric.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My friend...

You're sweating too much, and relying on the cool breeze to help cool you down, this is bad, because it can easily lead to ear infection, or even a cold.
    Basically when you're sweating your body beefs up the security mechanisms like you have a cold, and it's trying to fight it off.

However when you start to cool down, and your body realizes, "oh it was a false alarm, I over reacted" it shuts down more of your immune system response mechanisms, opening you up to the cold air, which in turn will cause you to get sick, because your body was over worked.

When you drink water, you basically help replenish your body of the fluid that it's loosing when you're hot.
    This helps to regulate your body temperature, and keep you at a happy medium.

Think back to your science class, when you studied water, and it's specific heat capacity.
    If you remember, it can hold certain temperatures for a certain period of time.
    Very decent, in keeping you warm.
    That's why on a cold day over here, parents feed their children HOT food/fluids in order to keep them warm.
    Pretty interesting actually.

My point... Drink some water.
    It'll keep you from getting those nasty feverish feelings.

I'm combining your last two questions...

In essence, when you play too much in a row, you will tire out, and definitely play like crap.
    When I trained back in the day, it was for roughly 4 days straight, but on different skills each day for about 3-4 hours a day.
    This helps to balance out your body's muscle development/control.

Just like when you lift weights... in order to build bigger stronger muscles. You tear apart the muscle tissue when you exercise, and allow lactic acid to flow into your muscles.
    This fact alone is reason enough to stretch properly, and warm up before you do any sort of strenuous activities!!! Basically the acid in your muscles is what makes you feel sore.
    As your muscles have not repaired themselves yet, you feel the sensation of pain.

When you stretch, it relieves your muscles of the acid, thus squeezing it out of the little tears, and fractures... with a day or two your muscle repairs itself, and becomes bigger, and stronger.

Steroid use is using this same concept, only it keeps the acid in your muscles for longer periods of time!!! When the acid stays in the muscle, it stays "poofier" giving it a big fat puffy look to it, and as it repairs, with the acid still there, it gets even bigger, and even faster.
    Unfortunately there are huge drawbacks to this. I don't recommend it at all.
    Unless you're a guy who wants to look like a woman, and a woman who wants to look like a guy. Steroids alter your hormone production, and also produces more adrenaline giving you more energy to go and work out. Totally bad cause it f***s up your body completely.

Anyways... back on topic now... to relieve acid from your muscles, you should stretch, drink lots of fluid, and eat a lot of bananas.
    The sodium in the bananas reacts with the acid helping to relieve it faster, and thus helping you feel less pain.
    Bananas aren't just good for monkey's you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My friend...

That's ryt, and ummmmmmmm............I will be back when I remember what I wanted to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehe... sorry, I made my post too long and you forgot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you just wake up? cause you seemed to have forgotten what you wanted to say in a few threads now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for ur post, Kelvin and Byron. I am sticking to my slim 10. But when i use other racquets for one day, I will then have problem to recontrol my racquet. And indeed it is true that i should drink more water. Thanks . I will drink more water. But banana sounds strange. I will try it. Thanks. By the way, i think may is too stress out (by #%%$ factors) to remember her post. Hehehe. Juz kiding. Hope that May can join mi in my game. Hopefully. But remember to come back to gvie ur forgotten post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sometimes don't even drink water..I just drink Powerade or Gatorade to get my energy going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people need more water than other people. Probably the same thing like why people are fat and some aren't. It all depends on your metabolism rate..... I wish my metabolism rate was slightly slower. Mine is too high. I haven't put on a kg in 6 months.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try creatine... For atheletes that need to put on the extra poundage. This stuff will add maybe a pound a week and so forth. One word of caution, it is good to be physically active i.e doing something to convert to fat to muscle. I know a guy that is having weight problems now because he abused creatine...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Misconceptions

Kelvin,

Where did you get these concepts from. I find some of the ideas quite strange.

For example, lactic acid flowing into muscles and steroids producing more adrenaline.

The primary reason for drinking water is to maintain the osmotic environment of the body fluids. A secondary effect would be absorption of heat.

Sodium reacts with acid? Doesn't the neutralisation of an acid come about by reaction with an alkali or base?
    The sodium is already in an ionic form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep quiet, and oh, don't drink sports drinks like Gatorade, i can't remember why though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u r not the only one. I eat so much snacks, and i never put on any weight, not unless I have grown taller as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are all medical evidence done in case studies.
    Sport doctors know of these things, as do your regular physicians... do not question me as I could have gone into pre-med, rather opting to finish business instead.

If you do not understand how lactic acid works with your muscles I suggest you go read up on it.
    Also about steroids, and their usages.
    Do you happen to weight train like I do?
    I didn't think so either.
    It's all rather simple, but I suggest in order for you to learn of these things for yourself, to go read, and retain this knowledge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing... the chemistry you learned about leading into biochemistry is far more complex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because they contain too much sugar. More than ca 4% glucose will actually make you MORE tired in the end, because it will produce a boost in insulin production.

About 2.5% is just right, plus a pinch of salt (not too much!). The salt will make you take the fluid up quicker than if it's just plain water.

As a rule, room-tempered water is better than most commercial sports drinks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast