Possibly purchasing a Bravesword 10, I need help!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Jonster, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    Hello there,

I recently found a badminton equipment dealer who is selling racquets at a fairly decent price during, what better than, boxing day. This dealer has major discounted items and I was possibly thinking about purchasing a Bravesword 10 as I have heard good reviews which suggested it was similar to the Nanospeed 9900.

I was fortunate enough to grab hold of a Nanospeed 9900 after hearing decent reviews on the forums and through further searching online. The racquet is 3U G4, strung at 25lbs BG80 and it works excellently. It delivers the faster reaction that I need in comparison to my 60% paint chipped MP99, haha.

In terms of playing style I would personally consider myself more of an attacking player, although I don't mind defending until I receive the right shot to allow my partner or myself to attack. General shots come from more of the forearm or what people call 'wrist' power. I would say I am definitely not an ultimate power smasher, rather a tactical attacker, depending on the situation as I like to switch it up. I believe I can cover the court fairly well, I prefer enforcing the fast pace.

Anyways, originally I was hoping to pick up another Nanospeed 9900 but I have heard that the Bravesword 10 was similar to the Nanospeed 9900? At the discounted price of $130 CDN from $200, the performance per dollar must be pretty decent. I realize that this sale is probably to let go of the old [equipment] and in with the new but this is still incredibly tempting.

I guess what I am trying to accomplish by posting here are the gains or losses in comparison to the Nanospeed 9900 and the Bravesword 10. Mind you, I am not going to trash my Nanospeed, I just need guidance on this mouth-watering deal.

It occurs to me that I have one more question. What are the differences in terms of the Bravesword 11? I have heard that depending on the production of the Bravesword 10, it may be the same stiffness as the Bravesword 11 by which the racquet performs the same or similar? Also to my knowledge, the Bravesword 10 is the all-around better racquet in terms of defense, power, control whether it is slightly better.

Hopefully I have provided the proper information for you members to help me, if you need any other information, feel free to ask! Oh and I apologize for the big block of text but I can't help it, haha.

Thanks,
    Jon

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I don't know why you are asking this question.... the BS10 at that price is a steal, I wouldn't think twice about getting it if I was you :)

3. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    Thanks for the response, haha.

I know it is a really good deal, I suppose I was wondering how it plays in comparison to the Nanospeed 9900. It is too bad I have not got a chance to play with it previously.

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Well @ C$130 you haven't got a lot to lose, you could always sell it for that price if you do not like it.

5. what07

what07 Regular Member

Maybe you should share, on where you'll getting these prices from. ;) But I already have an idea where you can get them.

I don't think any of the braveswords are as stiff as the 9900. I'm sure you can find many braveswords review on this forum with a simple google search, but hey at that price, maybe get 2 braveswords for the price of 1 9900. Or get all 3.

6. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    The place is MjStrings, haha.

The store is the size of a bathroom, hopefully I get there nice and early :)

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

is it the 4U or the 3U version ? I recommend the 3U over the 4U as the 4U is probably too light. 3U is a good weight.:)

8. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    I believe it should be the 3U version, I have never actually played with a 4U ever, haha.