Yonex Armortec 30 Mega and Armortec 70 Mega G, AT30M and AT70MG

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by aramistuscany, Dec 24, 2010.

1. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

Two new additions of the Made in Taiwan Yonex Armortec Mega series. The AT70MG2 was already available in the LCW signature series. This design is just the AT70G normal paint work.

Attached Files:

• AT03.jpg
      AT03.jpg
      File size:
      87.7 KB
      Views:
    • AT02.jpg
      AT02.jpg
      File size:
      84.7 KB
      Views:
    • AT05.jpg
      AT05.jpg
      File size:
      192.1 KB
      Views:
    • AT01.jpg
      AT01.jpg
      File size:
      275 KB
      Views:
    • AT04.jpg
      AT04.jpg
      File size:
      206.1 KB
      Views:
    • AT06.jpg
      AT06.jpg
      File size:
      198.2 KB
      Views:
    • AT07.jpg
      AT07.jpg
      File size:
      252 KB
      Views:
    • AT08.jpg
      AT08.jpg
      File size:
      286.9 KB
      Views:
  2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

there was already a AT70 before they brought out the LCW colour AT70. I must say that the AT30 colour scheme is nice. Something that Yonex should use on higher models.

3. xen0303

xen0303 Regular Member

i just bought AT70L..not yet tested..i used AT250 before..but my current racket is NS800...
    the paint job is decent..got some little color bleed..well, not much to complain about it since its from mid range YY taiwan made..
    im pretty sure my NS800(yet a YY taiwan made) hv better paint job though..
    perhaps old generation of YY taiwan paint job is better??
    Love this racket because its LCW signature.. hehe :)

peace from Malaysia!

4. TheNoob

TheNoob Regular Member

student
    I'm currently using Ns800, i had a AT250 before but didnt like it. Too slow on defense.. Comments on AT70MG? i'm planning on getting soon.

5. xen0303

xen0303 Regular Member

I'm just an average player playing 2-3 sessions(doubles) in a week so, bear with me. :)

Here is my review on AT70L(AT70MG2) 3U after one session with it and to compare with my NS800 3U(main racket) and AT250 3U(not own it but i used it for about a month).

AT70L + bg80 @ 25lbs (i am not satisfied with the stringing job..errghhh!)
    NS800 + bg80 @ 25lbs
    AT250 + bg66 @ 24lbs

-balance
    This racket head is heavier than AT250. I think I have to play 2-3 sessions more to adapt the weight. Damn! It's heavy.

-shaft
    The spec labeled it's a medium stiff. But I felt a bit lower than that, kinda almost medium. I still prefer my NS800 and AT250 shaft stiffness. I am still not really get used with the AT70L shaft stiffness. My timing was a lil bit off.

-frame
    It has bigger frame than NS800 and AT250. I can feel the sweet spot more bigger. Thanks to MG2.

-power
    I can't withdraw the power really well for smashing. Fluctuate. Sometime i can, sometime i cannot. Perhaps because of the shaft. But when I hit it at the right spot and timing, boom!..The power is better than AT250. Baseline to baseline is very good, effortless. My backhand to baseline more better if I didn't mis hit the birdie(have to figure out the timing again..damn). Wrist flick from the net to baseline is easy.

-control
    I can generate the control like using my NS800 but with some effort into it. My dropshot and net play was as usual after a few try. I didn't have the problem to maneuver the birdie to where i wanted to. But I have better repulsion with NS800.

-maneuverability and speed
    NS800 > AT250 > AT70L . My defense was a lil bit off. At least I can do better with AT250. My smash return kinda weak.

-overall
    I still have to play more with this racket. My session was not really good because it was 1st time using this racket. I loss the speed. The power from this racket is really an advantage though I am not really like the shaft stiffness. I have to figure out the timing and get used to it. If I don't put an effort to adapt this racket, then it is just a waste. For single, this racket should be my choice. For doubles, I will use both AT70L and NS800.