Different ways of smashing

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by tonny, Mar 23, 2003.

1. tonny

tonny Regular Member

Can anyone teach or describe the different way of smashing?special ways or tips, juz put it here.... thanks. i believe it will help lots of ppl though...

2. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

Here's a short list to get you started

Quick "smash": a quick putaway... doesn't count as a real smah but it's a great point winner when you can do it! Just hit the bird straight down.

standing smash: weight on racquet foot, which is behind you. start with racquet behind your head, swing the racquet forward while twisting your wrist so that the racquet face is pointing towards the front when it passes above your head.

scissor-kick smash: same as above but do a hop while your racquet foot hops forward while the minor foot moves back during the smash. more power but takes more time to execute.

jump smash: http://badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9275

and my favorite: jump-smash-but-wait-it's-actually-a-drop!: same as above but you drop it to forecourt instead of smashing. Less tiring and looks just as menacing as a jump smash!:D

3. Bombshell

Bombshell Regular Member

student
    I like jump-smash-but-wait-it's-actually-a-drop's too! I've seen then done and they are very exciting to watch, especially if the opponent manages to return the shot. I just wish I could do it more often...

4. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    I like jump-smash-but-wait-it's-actually-a-drop's also, but it sucks when its used against you though. Your backing up a tad, and then u realize its a drop. Its frusterating.

5. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Can anyone do a jump slice? I can't seem to get it.. like never! Anyone got any tips and anything to watch for. Most of the time it hits the frame but my slice with my feet on the ground is FINE.

I hate it when people wind up and swing it so hard but it is just one hell of a slice.

Yodums