User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,239
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Review: United Kranes' Arena Badminton Shoe

    There's new player to the badminton shoe world: United Kranes: http://www.unitedkranes.com/

    I recently tested the United Kranes "Arena" badminton shoe. The retail price is: $89.00. It's an indoor court shoe. Unfortunately the Size: 12.0 was too narrow for me and I can only give you the results after wearing them twice. The size is true to size as I normally wear Size: 13.0 and that size was not available.

    Because the Arenas were narrow, I removed the stock insole which is something similar to Super Feet. The insole is really awesome but I had to remove it and basically not use an insole in order to fit the shoe. So the review would only be better with the insole in place.

    I compared the Arena briefly to my Yonex 100-MXs with SFB and was pleasantly surprised. The Arenas felt more stable and had better cushioning even without an insole! They just felt better than the 100s. This really surprised me as the 100s with SFB are first-rate.

    After playing two games wearing mismatched shoes (left: Arena, right: 100-MX), I opted to remove the 100s and wear only Arenas. But as I continued to play and my body temperature went up and my feet expanded, the shoes were just too tight.

    I noticed the Arenas didn't remove heat as effectively as the 100s and were a little bit heavier, about an ounce heavier.

    Until United Kranes makes a Size: 13.0, this is all I can review. Hopefully one of you can purchase a pair and give us a full detailed review.




  2. #2
    Regular Member gsloh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    391
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's the grip of these shoes like, especially seeing the two big areas without much threads next to the big toe area and at the outside heel area?

    Also, the gum rubber parts of the soles look quite thin, wonder how long they'll last, as I'm a notorious sole destroyer (I have worn out 1.5 pairs of SHB-90M's over the last 2 yrs)!

    Still looks decent though, more like a streetball design =)!

  3. #3
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,239
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gsloh View Post
    What's the grip of these shoes like, especially seeing the two big areas without much threads next to the big toe area and at the outside heel area?

    Also, the gum rubber parts of the soles look quite thin, wonder how long they'll last, as I'm a notorious sole destroyer (I have worn out 1.5 pairs of SHB-90M's over the last 2 yrs)!

    Still looks decent though, more like a streetball design =)!
    The grip is very good. It uses clear rubber and as I recall, clear rubber has the best traction for indoor terrain.

    Not sure how long the soles will last. A notorious sole destroyer? Are you sure? Only 1.5 pairs in 2 years? That's not notorious. Graduate to one pair every 6 months and then you're getting there.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    now now, there you go again, comparing us humans with pandas ....

    1.5 pairs every 2 years is quite a lot in my book.

  5. #5
    Regular Member gsloh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    391
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's probably cos I don't play as much as you; plus I don't have panda tonnage! ; On average I only play about 4-6h per week; and that's mostly (90%) doubles.

    The 1.5 pairs are only badminton shoes; doesn't include my casual, work and other sports shoes! Taking those into account I've worn out 6-8 pairs in total over the 2 years; all due to the worn out outsoles.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    nova, va, usa
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the website doesn't say how to buy them.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    montreal, quebec CANADA
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default where to buy?

    Is anyone selling these shoes?

    Did a search but I can't seem to find any retailers...

    bolts

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    There's new player to the badminton shoe world: United Kranes: http://www.unitedkranes.com/

    I recently tested the United Kranes "Arena" badminton shoe. The retail price is: $89.00. It's an indoor court shoe. Unfortunately the Size: 12.0 was too narrow for me and I can only give you the results after wearing them twice. The size is true to size as I normally wear Size: 13.0 and that size was not available.

    Because the Arenas were narrow, I removed the stock insole which is something similar to Super Feet. The insole is really awesome but I had to remove it and basically not use an insole in order to fit the shoe. So the review would only be better with the insole in place.

    I compared the Arena briefly to my Yonex 100-MXs with SFB and was pleasantly surprised. The Arenas felt more stable and had better cushioning even without an insole! They just felt better than the 100s. This really surprised me as the 100s with SFB are first-rate.

    After playing two games wearing mismatched shoes (left: Arena, right: 100-MX), I opted to remove the 100s and wear only Arenas. But as I continued to play and my body temperature went up and my feet expanded, the shoes were just too tight.

    I noticed the Arenas didn't remove heat as effectively as the 100s and were a little bit heavier, about an ounce heavier.

    Until United Kranes makes a Size: 13.0, this is all I can review. Hopefully one of you can purchase a pair and give us a full detailed review.




  8. #8
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,239
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    Is anyone selling these shoes?

    Did a search but I can't seem to find any retailers...

    bolts

    Contact Howard at: unitedkranes@gmail.com

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, I am more interesting about their insoles... Seems very promising.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    vietnam
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Insole

    The insole looks very very similar to the Karakal XS 300...only difference is the colors...Looks really comfortable from the pictures...

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    montreal, quebec CANADA
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seems like a good value considering the insoles you get with the shoes.

    Do they sell those insoles seperately?


    bolts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Hai View Post
    The insole looks very very similar to the Karakal XS 300...only difference is the colors...Looks really comfortable from the pictures...

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    vietnam
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    Seems like a good value considering the insoles you get with the shoes.

    Do they sell those insoles seperately?


    bolts
    I dont see the insoles sold separately here but you might check with the distributor or Karakal home office....www.giadinhsports.com or www.karakalworldwide.com....I have been wearing the XS 300 for over 8 months playing everyday (21hrs. per week) and they are holding up well...one shoestring loop has torn out but the soles etc have another 4 months left at least....

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nvm, I see that the Arena is their top model.
    Last edited by Tsumaranai; 04-12-2008 at 09:55 PM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member playmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sunny Cali
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default In search for united kranes retailer

    I came across United Kranes when searching for warrior badminton sneakers. I fell in love with it.

    I know this thread is 2 years old but I'm searching for retailers aside from internet retailers such as Moxsie.com.

    Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads

  1. DinkALot's Shoe & Insole Review
    By DinkAlot in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 272
    : 01-10-2014, 04:53 PM
  2. Friends United Badminton Club at Auckland
    By murfice in forum Australia / New Zealand
    Replies: 0
    : 05-30-2011, 06:20 PM
  3. United Badminton Club, Fremont, CA
    By dailybads in forum United Badminton Club ( UBC )
    Replies: 181
    : 07-31-2008, 03:53 PM
  4. United-badminton-of-FemalePlayers-
    By cendolabc in forum General Forum
    Replies: 13
    : 05-01-2006, 09:18 AM
  5. shoe review
    By bigredlemon in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 0
    : 12-08-2003, 06:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •