Dimension of Letters for Shirt Printing

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Makoto Kanazawa, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Makoto Kanazawa

Makoto Kanazawa Regular Member

Part-time trainer
    Just want to know what kind of font style and size is used for printing names of players and their country as used by international players. I believe those two have different sizes as the country's name is printed a bit bigger. I'm planning to have my Yonex shirts printed through heat press. Also for those familiar with heat press printing, I would like to know how much temperature is required to print on Yonex Verycool shirts.

2. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    Another Bcer looking for answers, I have complied a useful guide on the other thread

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...amp-Services-(with-pictures)&referrerid=30895

To answer your last question, for Yonex Verycool shirts, the safer temperature will be somewhere around 130-140 degree Celsius.

In order to do a safer heat press printing, what I will suggest is you heat press it first time for about 5 seconds, lift the press and check for any risk of "overheated" signs on your shirt. If none is found, then you can do a second press for about 10 secs.

Once again after that, lift the press & immediately check for any "burned" signs. If none is found then you can leave the shirt to cool down before carefully peeling off the plastic cover.

Always remember, when in doubt - never use high temperature setting of more than 140 degree Celcius & don't heat press the shirt for more than 15 seconds if the material will get burned easily.