What string gives the most power?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Mesita1, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Mesita1

Mesita1 Regular Member

Athletes Foot
    what string gives the most power no matter what brand.

2. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

I found the BG66 (Pretty much equivilant to the BG85 from what I read on these boards), gives alot of power from its kick and that was strung at low tensions just that control was just OK. I also liked the BG-80.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The one u can masterize, and fit for ur racket frame.

More important, the price u won't be crying for... :D

4. ivan

ivan Regular Member

Student
    I had a lot of yonex string before but still, I like the bg 65 the most due to its durability and price (I change my string once 2 weeks). For powerwise... It performs well in my opinion, thus, if you change your string very often and money is a subject, go for bg 65 :D

5. roymadd

roymadd Regular Member

Tech
    List,
    I have tried a various type of string..... and for this moment ...only string that had a 0.66mmD had give me a very high repulsion power and good in shuttle control... compare to other string...the 0.66mmD offers a short lifetime ...which is will cost you an unexspected cost depend on your playstyle.... :p

6. AMRaider

AMRaider Regular Member

For Yonex strings I have tried BG66@20lbs, BG65@20lbs, and BG75TI@20-22lbs. I havn't used BG66 since high school, but I remember it had good power, and a loud hitting sound. Unfortunatley it broke after 2 days of playing so I don't use it anymore. BG65 was really durable. Power wasn't that great though until the strings stretched a little and even then power seemed sort of average. BG75TI had really good power at 20lbs but control was bad. At least, I couldn't get used to it. My smashes with BG75TI@20lbs were all over the place compared to BG65@20lbs. At 22lbs BG75TI had better control and the same power, but I had to hit much harder to get the same power compared to BG75TI@20lbs. I guess that makes sense if you think of the racquet strings as a bow string. The higher the tension, the harder you have to pull in order to get maximum stretch(power). At lower tensions it's easier obviously. Stringing too high can reduced availible power if you aren't strong enough to hit hard and thus stretch the strings. Also, stringing at very high tensions can reduce the strings elasticity kind of like tightening a bow string so that it's impossible to stretch it anymore without breaking it.

Anyway, I ended up cutting my BG75TI because it was just too hard to control. Replaced it with BG80@21lbs. I'll let you know how it plays.

Here's a link you might find useful http://www.racquettech.com/basicfacts.html

Also, if you are curious about Yonex strings this might interest you http://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/feature/mp/style.html

The bottom chart has string info. At the top of the Y-axis it translates as "Hard Hitters" At the bottom of the Y-axis, is translates as "Control Players"
    The left of the X-axis says "Durability" and the right of the X-axis says "Repulsion"

I have one more link to post on Yonex string info, but the site is down. I'll post it when it's back up.

Hope that helps.

7. AMRaider

AMRaider Regular Member

The link I mentioned earlier about string info works now.
    Here it is

http://badminton.net/~iyang/cgi-bin...Strings/va=banner_image=/va=banner_text=.html

If you don't want to look at the info for each string individually, I compiled all the info on this site into a spreadsheet and added info from some other sites. The forum wouldn't let me post in Excel format so I converted it to a txt file. Some of the words might be a little skewed. Also since this info didn't come directly off of a Yonex site, I can't verify that it is 100% accurate or up to date.

Attached Files: