Training in Taiwan / Taipeh!

Discussion in 'Places to play / Clubs / Local Events' started by Bokor, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Bokor

Bokor Regular Member

University Student - Sinology, German Studies
    Hey Folks,
    in october i'm going to be in Taipeh for a year.
    I'm a university student from Germany and I'm looking for a place to do some serious training over the year. I would hate to miss the opportunity.
    So if someone over here has a good idea or maybe even a good coach's contact, i'd really appreciate it!

thanks,
    Alex

2. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    It's Taipei, not Taipeh... sorry... cant resist to coorect you. Do you read chinese? because if you do, goto this site: http://www.tacocity.com.tw/abs1984/badmintonline.htm
    It gives you a whole list of places to play. It occurs to me that some of the places also offer training (as I was told by a relative in Taiwan)

3. Jazz

Jazz Regular Member

Industrial Designer
    Hi Bokor,

About few months ago, there's a Taiwan badminton club trainer came over to Hong kong, and I had a chance to play with them, they are real nice and play really good badminton, I still have their name card at home, I will post it up here tomorrow, hope you will find that useful

Jazz

4. Bokor

Bokor Regular Member

University Student - Sinology, German Studies
    thanks a lot!

Hey guys,

I'd already like to thank you for your help. I'm really happy that there's a place like BF for us shuttlers all over the world.

alex

ps @jchen - sorry about the typo, it's sort of a bad habit...but there's different ways of phonetic spellings and in older german maps it always says "taipeh"...kinda weird, i know ;)
    and yes, i do read chinese but i've only been studying the language for say 4 months time and it's faaar from perfect. but the list may be of use to me later...

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Re: thanks a lot!

Bring the list with u is always a good idea.

Enen though, maybe u will have difficulties to read it right now, but once i arrive in TW, I am sure u can ask ur new friends and professors to help.

Also, consider this as the 1st step to learn more chinese... :D

Enjoy ur trip, and happy smashing!