User Tag List

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears that ‘High Performance Director’ is a new term in the sport of badminton.
    Normally you would call the coach in charge of coaching as head coach or chief coach and there should no additional layer above that. He would report to the management committee of his badminton association. China calls LYB its chief or head coach and he is in charge of all the other coaches. A high performance director above the head or chief coach involves additional expenses, etc., and it is ‘Parkinson’s Law’ in practice.
    The chief coach must have the credentials befitting his position.
    Besides some management skills, he should at least have won his country’s open tournaments be it singles or doubles. He should also have won some international tournaments. If not, it is not easy for him to earn the respect of his charges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@cobalt - LOL... experienced old men with zero experience... how is that even possible? LOL people who never learn from their mistake are the biggest failures... Since the cupboard is nearing empty let's move to Nusa Mahsuri...

Ok, off to work... cheers!
    Last edited by eRa@에라; 01-04-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    It appears that ‘High Performance Director’ is a new term in the sport of badminton.
    Normally you would call the coach in charge of coaching as head coach or chief coach and there should no additional layer above that. He would report to the management committee of his badminton association. China calls LYB its chief or head coach and he is in charge of all the other coaches. A high performance director above the head or chief coach involves additional expenses, etc., and it is ‘Parkinson’s Law’ in practice.
    The chief coach must have the credentials befitting his position.
    Besides some management skills, he should at least have won his country’s open tournaments be it singles or doubles. He should also have won some international tournaments. If not, it is not easy for him to earn the respect of his charges.
    Ummm... its not so very necessary for a High Performance Director to have the playing backround, to do a good job. A good player does not necessarily make a good coach, and vice versa. Besides, the post itself IMO is a good idea, if the objective is to provide complete focus on the elite group and to add to the funnel for the elite group.

I also believe he was quoted as saying he has just recently taken up this post, and wil be devoting himself full-time only from this January. Maybe it is too early to pass judgement?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I jope all this won t affects LCW's performances in SSMF and coming MO11..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eRa@에라 View Post
    Chong Wei, jangan mudah lupa daratan (CW, Don't be Ungrateful)
    By Hussain Said

2011/01/05

Pemain itu dakwa BAM mengabaikannya (The player claimed that BAM neglected him)

JANGAN lupa daratan! Itulah ingatan tegas yang dinyatakan Presiden Persatuan Badminton Malaysia (BAM), Datuk Seri Mohd Nadzmi Salleh kepada jaguh perseorangan, Lee Chong Wei yang tampak lantang mengkritik badan induk itu.
    “Dia perlu ingat jasa BAM. Kita memberi banyak sokongan termasuk kewangan dan moral kepadanya hingga dia berjaya hari ini. Dia tidak perlu mengugut dan mengkritik seperti itu,” katanya. (Don’t be ungrateful! That’s the strong reminder stated by BAM’s President, DSMNS to LCW who seemed distinct/loud in criticizing the body. “He needs to remember BAM’s contribution (?). We give a lot of support including monetary and moral to him until he succeeded today.) – tsk tsk tsk…he’s merely stating facts and truth, man… are you blind or even deaf? Did he say you guys didn’t support him financially for each tournament he entered? NOPE… he said SOME of you guys don’t APPRECIATE. Two different words with two different meaning…

http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/ar...aratan/Article

I know you’re shaking also but haiya, aren’t you suppose to talk to MS and LCW first before giving any statement… I’m no longer looking forward to more reasonable statements from this person…
    oh noooo .... is that nadzmi 1st statement ? attack chongwei ?aiyaaaa
    hope chongwei did not read this ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on BAM :

1) They have just implemented a system for a few months and people are already shooting them down. James already said
    they need time to fine tune the system.Many organisations are not so rigid on guidelines and rules and recognise the need
    to change and improve,so there is always room for flexibility and allowance for unique situations. But allowing for
    eg.nepotism to be practised may not be tolerated.
    On MS :
    2) As mentioned by his brother as a player MS didn't like BAM and walked out in 1980, in 1988 it took Mahathir to personally
    persuade him to play for the Thomas Cup.MS may not realise the need to see the big picture and look at the needs of
    everyone as a whole before making a decision.That is not to say he has a problem, rather it is a general need to recognise
    that change of mindset is imminent in the modern world and it is necessary to adjust and adapt instead of staying in the old
    comfort zone.

If you resign from a job abruptly and your boss doesn't retain you, it is time to move on.

I think it is difficult to judge right and wrong,but unless we are talking about operations involving life and death there is always
    room for flexibility and compromise on the part of both conflicting parties in a dispute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biarlah mereka pergi: Zolkples (Let Then go)

by Hussain Said
    hussain@bharian.com.my
    2011/01/05

‘BAM tidak akan terjejas kerana Misbun hanya latih Chong Wei seorang’ (BAM will not be affected because MS only trained LCW)

"JIKA kedua-duanya (Datuk Misbun Sidek dan Lee Chong Wei) menerima tawaran lebih baik di luar, biarlah mereka pergi." (If both of them are receiving better offer out of BAM, then let them go)
    […]

Zolkples yakin tindakan Misbun dan Chong Wei keluar dari BAM tidak akan menjejaskan misi memburu pingat emas di Sukan Olimpik London 2012 mahu pun badan induk itu sendiri. (Z confident MS and LCW’s action to quit BAM won’t jeopardize either MAS’s gold mission in London Olympic 2012 or the body itself.) *shaking me head* let your words eat you alive man…

[…]

“Sebaliknya, BAM boleh menggunakan kewangan yang ada untuk membimbing dan melahirkan lebih ramai Chong Wei baru. [BAM can use current financial source to train and develop more new LCW]… perhaps after more years of money-wasting dude…

[…]
    http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/ar...lkples/Article

I don’t wanna sound bias over the decision to let both go… but that’s just an easy way out by both BAM and MSN. The problem with no solution is still there and you expect to bring glory when you can’t even handle your internal problems? Tsk tsk tsk… in your dream…
    if the player is Habis, sure BAM will beg him to come back
    just like when he left for Nusa Mahsuri...BAM can wait until he is back..
    too bad...DLCW can go and BAM dont care at all lol....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    if the player is Habis, sure BAM will beg him to come back
    just like when he left for Nusa Mahsuri...BAM can wait until he is back..
    too bad...DLCW can go and BAM dont care at all lol....
    In the first place LCW should just wait before making all his statements and let MS and BAM sort it out.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    In the first place LCW should just wait before making all his statements and let MS and BAM sort it out.
    Well, I suppose LCW was also distraught over what happened, and possibly needed to express his frustration as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    ... attack is the best form of defence...
    if referring to the president, that would be the correct phrase

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    if referring to the president, that would be the correct phrase
    Yep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

– tsk tsk tsk…he’s merely stating facts and truth, man… are you blind or even deaf? Did he say you guys didn’t support him financially for each tournament he entered? NOPE… he said SOME of you guys don’t APPRECIATE. Two different words with two different meaning… [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]

*cough*[/COLOR]) boss, this is LCW we’re talking about… failed to shine? “sink”? *cough* you just blackmailing him, kan? Tsk tsk tsk… is that the best you can do?[/COLOR][/B]

Truth is, where does your most sponsorship come from, I mean player wise? That’s why before you said anything, think wisely old man… think wisely… [/COLOR][/B]

I know you’re shaking also but haiya, aren’t you suppose to talk to MS and LCW first before giving any statement… I’m no longer looking forward to more reasonable statements from this person…
    hahahahaha Era, today you're in colourful mood, so many colours.
    Where got other players sink, even lesser known Gan Teck Chai/Tan Bin Shen can survive. Uncles CTF/LWW, WCH, CCM/CCE had no problems securing sponsors.

LCW, no problemo, already got so many sponsors signed him - Yonex,100Plus, Samsung, Maxis, Phiten, Karpersky. That's not inlcuding BAM's sponsors. What Rashid said in NST is right, if LCW also go, BAM got problem in future sponsorship

But this response look similar to Datuk Z & the former Sports Minister's when Gan/TBS, LWF, OSH wanted out in 2008. The only problem(if BAM dare) is ban LCW for 2 years like what they tried with TCS, but that will bring big drama, lol.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-04-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I suppose LCW was also distraught over what happened, and possibly needed to express his frustration as well.
    It can be a strategy, in support to Misbun. If not, BAM would not see the importance of Misbun, if LCW dont care Misbun leave, then less leverage to bargain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep.
    True,.....the president and the guy from MSN............attack to protect themselves.

Habis opted out some time ago, wanted to join KLRC....look how these peoples tried to persuade him to stay.........LOL..double standard.....??

I personally support Misbun and LCW what ever decision they shd make !!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.hmetro.com.my/articles/Ka...imaBun/Article

from Jailani Sidek. The last part is taking a snipe at BAM

Saya nak ingatkan BAM bahawa Misbun dan Rashid (Sidek) adalah jurulatih Nusa Mahsuri, mereka dipinjamkan ke badan induk atas nama negara. Kalau BAM tidak perlukan lagi, kita sedia ambil semula,” kata Jalani.I would like to remind BAM that Misbun & Rashid are Nusa M coaches, they are on loan/seconded to BAM for the sake of the country. If BAM dont need them anymore, we are ready to take them back

Jalani juga tidak menolak kemungkinan Datuk Lee Chong Wei yang dilapor mahu mengikut jejak Misbun akan turut menyertai Nusa Mahsuri sekali gus membentuk pasukan mantap di kelab profesional itu.

“Kalau Chong Wei keluar, saya pasti ramai lagi pemain akan keluar dari BAM.”
    Jailani do not refute the possibility that LCW will follow Misbun & join Nusa M to build a strong team in the club. "If LCW leaves, I'm sure many more will opt out of BAM"

Personally I dont think if LCW leave he will join Nusa, most probably continue as independent

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    It can be a strategy, in support to Misbun. If not, BAM would not see the importance of Misbun, if LCW dont care Misbun leave, then less leverage to bargain.
    I don't think there was time enough to formulate strategies etc. LCW was asked, he answered. His words too are the kind that are spoken from the heart. Simple, but effective, eh?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAM is a gomen body with too much money, those who run BAM only interested to make sure their seats are not taken by others.

Do they serve the country? NAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast