User Tag List

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato A View Post
    I did not predict Misbun quit at first.

Maybe it is clever enough for Misbun to step down automatically rather than being fired by BAM.

He can still make good money since DLCW will follow him.
    just pulling your leg, dato

you are ... steady

money to him isn't the priority as far as baddy for malaysia is concerned

he was offered as head coach of one country

and he needs only 2 years to make what he is making here for 8-10 years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eRa@에라 View Post
    and still some said he's a greedy clown carrying datukship...
    There is definitely no doubt to MS's loyalty and commitment.Maybe he is also committed to his family and likes a stable job.
    He has probably performed well in his job to a point but change is imminent.
    People here put a very high premium on loyalty and long service, but in certain high performance jobs this can backfire and become a disadvantage.
    It is now quite common to hire people on contract on high performance jobs and hope that their local understudies can take over eventually.
    Can be quite difficult to find lifetime employment nowadays, even if the pay is low,
    the person may be looked down upon as someone with nowhere to go and treated as deadwood.
    This is not directed at anybody in particular but describes general trends in a struggling economy and especially now in the West.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    You were the one telling BAM to fire Misbun when you started this thread;
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...d-rashid-sidek

We thought that you would be pleased, now that Misbun is gone.

However, after Misbun is gone, we see that BAM is trying to get Misbun back. It looks like BAM is not listening to your suggestion.
    oh mine mine ..., chris

are you also pulling his leg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to reveal the salary from top to bottom man. I bet jaws or pants will drop. lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile People from BAM do read BadmintonCentral

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    oh mine mine ..., chris

are you also pulling his leg
    I am being serious (not joking). People from BAM do read BadmintonCentral.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-06-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eRa@에라 View Post
    and still some said he's a greedy clown carrying datukship...
    That one the politicians want to even it up, Penang give to LCW, so the coach also must have, same 'type' one, from non Sultan state.
    You know lah, Misbun only ever coach in Msia, people dont think highly. Like TKH value only go up after he coach overseas. But Misbun should be is no choice cos of his wife's kidney problem.

On more serious note, TV3 news reported the Sports Minister saying one of the reasons is due to 'percanggahan/perbezaan pendekatan', difference in approach(as if we dunno). He will arrange for BAM President & Misbun & himself meet up to iron things out.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-06-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minister: It's OK for Chong Wei to turn pro

2011/01/05

SPORTS Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek hinted that Lee Chong Wei has the option to turn professional if attempts to make Misbun Sidek change his mind, fail.
    Ahmad Shabery said should Chong Wei decide to become a professional, it may become a problem for the BA of Malaysia (BAM) but not for the government as he will still be representing Malaysia.

Ahmad Shabery said as long as Chong Wei is still the World No 1, the Sports Ministry will support him and he will remain in the Road to London Olympics 2012 programme.

"We have to look into several aspects to tackle the current issue and we cannot discount the fact of seeing Chong Wei turning professional. BAM might face problems but Chong Wei will still represent Malaysia even if he is a professional," said Ahmad Shabery.

"The concept of professionalism in badminton is little different where national bodies still play a role but look at tennis. Roger Federer is an established professional but he makes sure he competes in the Olympics for Switzerland.

"As long as Chong Wei is the World No 1 and our best singles player, he should play in the major events, especially the Olympics.

"We also encourage our athletes to attract more involvement from the private sectors in terms of sponsorship. Less governmental (funding), more involvement from private (sectors)."

It looks like Chong Wei's wish to become an independent player is gaining momentum and his marketability will not only help gain substantial sponsors to survive, but also could help Misbun land a contract as his personal coach. -- K.M. BOOPATHY

Read more: Minister: It's OK for Chong Wei to turn pro http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/3...#ixzz1AGTQuvVV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes & rashid was on tv3 just now ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So can someone post some questions for BAM to answer? Am sure Rajesh Paul will be glad to ask them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Maybe they dont need to hire anyone, they just need to use the existing ones as hinted by Rashid.
    If only they could realize that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    There is definitely no doubt to MS's loyalty and commitment.Maybe he is also committed to his family and likes a stable job.
    He has probably performed well in his job to a point but change is imminent.
    People here put a very high premium on loyalty and long service, but in certain high performance jobs this can backfire and become a disadvantage.
    It is now quite common to hire people on contract on high performance jobs and hope that their local understudies can take over eventually.
    Can be quite difficult to find lifetime employment nowadays, even if the pay is low,
    the person may be looked down upon as someone with nowhere to go and treated as deadwood.
    This is not directed at anybody in particular but describes general trends in a struggling economy and especially now in the West.
    True, the scenario that is... again, me speculating... just don't feel MS was not willing to change, since the system was approved by BAM and he's just following orders... maybe it's more that his opinion was not taken into consideration/being ignored... again, I'm just speculating... which is really frustrating when talking about things that I'm not 100% sure of...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    Yup, and Roslin Hashim, and Ramdan, Syawal, Arif.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post

zabee, what was transpired during the tv3, interview, i suppose?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow It's OK for Chong Wei to turn pro

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post

Said Ahmad Shabery;

"The concept of professionalism in badminton is little different where national bodies still play a role but look at tennis. Roger Federer is an established professional but he makes sure he competes in the Olympics for Switzerland.

"As long as Chong Wei is the World No 1 and our best singles player, he should play in the major events, especially the Olympics.

It looks like Chong Wei's wish to become an independent player is gaining momentum and his marketability will not only help gain substantial sponsors to survive, but also could help Misbun land a contract as his personal coach. -- K.M. BOOPATHY

Read more: Minister: It's OK for Chong Wei to turn pro http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/3...#ixzz1AGTQuvVV
    Don,t know why Ahmad Shabery mentioned Roger Federer (from Tennis); when he could have mentioned Taufik Hidayat (when we are talking about Badminton)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    That one the politicians want to even it up, Penang give to LCW, so the coach also must have, same 'type' one, from non Sultan state.
    You know lah, Misbun only ever coach in Msia, people dont think highly. Like TKH value only go up after he coach overseas. But Misbun should be is no choice cos of his wife's kidney problem.
    I think if I have MS character, I won't go coaching other country even if I can... loyal to MAS...muahahaha.... so, if that's what keep MS in MAS (saying his wife is also in good health), then cannot la compare him with TKH, kan... again, just unworthy speculation of mine... ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Don,t know why Ahmad Shabery mentioned Roger Federer (from Tennis); when he could have mentioned Taufik Hidayat (when we are talking about Badminton)?
    probably he was comparing number 1 in badminton to number 1 in tennis

or is roger federrer no.1 ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what other than the Misbun " walk out " issues ..and will lcw quits the team & turn pro & how will this affect the coaching planning for 2011

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast