User Tag List

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Results 307 to 323 of 729
  1. #307
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,904
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    It doesn't matter nor do I care whether they can beat Hafiz or not. We send those kids out not to win, but to get exposure. 18-yr old can't beat 29-yr old, no problem. Just hope that they at least perform better in the future. Hope you get what I mean.
    habis hasbeen... @ 29... seems like not young anymore.... but WHY? WHY? WHY?

    BAM??? is it QUOTA!

  2. #308
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    China
    Posts
    1,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    why so hurry?I noticed the list for London Olympics(BAM)

  3. #309
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    It doesn't matter nor do I care whether they can beat Hafiz or not. We send those kids out not to win, but to get exposure. 18-yr old can't beat 29-yr old, no problem. Just hope that they at least perform better in the future. Hope you get what I mean.
    that is not the right way to exposure the junior, olympic? lol

    motivate them yes, put them in road to london program,

    only learn the training to road to london

    and when you can beat who you are supposed to beat then you are in.

    unless the junior start beating hafiz, its sad to say they shall remain where they are

  4. #310
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    habis hasbeen... @ 29... seems like not young anymore.... but WHY? WHY? WHY?

    BAM??? is it QUOTA!
    its simple, the best go

    apply to almost everthing

  5. #311
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Hafiz Hashim has been warned several years back. Now, they are pushing him for OG qualification although there is no improvement in his performance, which doesn't even qualify for yo-yo any more as he is down all the time. I would rather see BAM at least try to push those 17-19 yr old kids even if they get pawned rather than seeing them try for Hafiz again.
    by right hh should have quit bam or turn pro this year

    remember what he said earlier last year?

    that he will quit if he didn't produce any result

    well, he didn't and so long as he is still beating the junior

    nothing much can be done

  6. #312
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,013
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    .........
    motivate them yes, put them in road to london program,
    only learn the training to road to london

    o
    Off topic
    Only LCW, KKK/TBH are officially in the "Road to London" prog. The players get monthly allowance from the govenrment until OG 2012(forgot the amount). I think the association gets funding for the player's tournaments, development,etc. THat's why I reckon Jeremy Gan wanted CPS/GLY to be in the prog.
    And an additional reason why BAM would not want LCW to jump ship.

  7. #313
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Off topic
    Only LCW, KKK/TBH are officially in the "Road to London" prog. The players get monthly allowance from the govenrment until OG 2012(forgot the amount). I think the association gets funding for the player's tournaments, development,etc. THat's why I reckon Jeremy Gan wanted CPS/GLY to be in the prog.
    And an additional reason why BAM would not want LCW to jump ship.
    not in the full program but like a short simulation,

    thats why mention learn to train in the program

    players left out some may have different feeling

    so this is a way of motivation

    well its my opinion and nobody needs to agree,lol
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 01-08-2011 at 12:01 AM.

  8. #314
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/s...-incorporated/

    Someone mentioned abt MB being a world class coach, seems he is getting world class pay too,
    even after cuts. The amount can make even the MD or CEO of a public listed co.green with envy.

    I strongly suggest that interested people log in into alternative media to read more rather than the reports in BC and postings from official media to get a balanced view.

  9. #315
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,013
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The standard salary for 'normal' badminton coach is USD5,000. That's about RM18K. Word is Msian coaches get paid less than foreign coaches(across the board for all sports) and can get better offers from other countries.

    Msia Hockey team needed to pay USD10,000 if they wanted a foreign coach and that's the min.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-08-2011 at 12:48 AM.

  10. #316
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,453
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/s...-incorporated/

    Someone mentioned abt MB being a world class coach, seems he is getting world class pay too,
    even after cuts. The amount can make even the MD or CEO of a public listed co.green with envy.

    I strongly suggest that interested people log in into alternative media to read more rather than the reports in BC and postings from official media to get a balanced view.
    Did you get the link right? It's about the sport psychologist.

  11. #317
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Did you get the link right? It's about the sport psychologist.
    correct, the link to frederick tan only

    where got mentioning pay and who is mb, bbn

  12. #318
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,453
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    correct, the link to frederick tan only

    where got mentioning pay and who is mb, bbn
    He reads too much politics an confused with badminton.

  13. #319
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/s...-incorporated/

    Someone mentioned abt MB being a world class coach, seems he is getting world class pay too,
    even after cuts. The amount can make even the MD or CEO of a public listed co.green with envy.

    I strongly suggest that interested people log in into alternative media to read more rather than the reports in BC and postings from official media to get a balanced view.
    you gave a good suggestion

    but nothing can be found in your link

    and who is mb, misbun?

  14. #320
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    He reads too much politics an confused with badminton.
    haha maybe

    anyway eagle mentioned standard is usa 5k but that is for local not yet cut

    the cut one gets less and as low as less than usa 2.5k

    while the imported one more but its understood.

    misbun offered same overseas too 4-5 times his pay

    no big deal on pay really for such an unsecured job.lol

    some renew yearly and every year end has to pray for good news in jan

    otHerwise 'cari makan sendiri' (find food for yourself).

  15. #321
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It could all be a cost -cutting exercise, say you have $2K and go shopping, you have to plan how to use your money.

    In the case of BAM/NSC they have to decide how to allocate expenditure, in this case for eg.invest in LCW winning OLymp 2012,

    or invest in building a strong team etc.etc.Spend too much on sth and you lose sth else, probably one alternative is to assume

    that certain things are not worth investing anymore (eg.successful players can take care of themselves financially) and

    struggling players should be allocated more resources with a view for the future.

    A lot of flak has been thrown at the BAM and NSC but I think so far their actions at least seem to me quite logical seen from

    the point of view of accountants ie.allocation of scarce resources.

    Just like the doctor in war, whether to administer drugs to the stronger or weaker or weakest.

    I dont scan internet for politics at all ,I've given up on it, but I have heard some rumours on the high pay of certain coaches

    but cany find anything on it.

    When you are earning high pay for years trust the accountants to assess your productivity, are you producing the results

    to justify your pay. This is the concept of "productivity" as opposed to high income for doing little.They are thinking whether

    the money invested in a program can be spread out or reduced or terminated altogether.

    I never knew coaches salaries were so attractive, I wonder why people like Ong Ewe Hock, Wong Choon Han,etal.prefer to do

    business.

    Well anyway, this is just sth to think about,all the truth will come out eventually.

    In the meantime, I hope there will all be more alternative views on this matter, there are simply

    too many answers from the same sources .

  16. #322
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    The standard salary for 'normal' badminton coach is USD5,000. That's about RM18K. Word is Msian coaches get paid less than foreign coaches(across the board for all sports) and can get better offers from other countries.

    Msia Hockey team needed to pay USD10,000 if they wanted a foreign coach and that's the min.
    Standard pay for a local sports coach is 18 K?

    Many professionals like Architects, Engineers, Accountants dont even get paid Rm 7-8 at the peak of their careers.

    Even Senior Managers rarely touch 5 figures.

    If what you say is true definitely there is a lot of incentive for youngsters to excel in sports , it is more lucrative than

    slogging in U.

  17. #323
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,013
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    haha maybe
    anyway eagle mentioned standard is usa 5k but that is for local not yet cut
    the cut one gets less and as low as less than usa 2.5k
    while the imported one more but its understood.
    misbun offered same overseas too 4-5 times his pay
    no big deal on pay really for such an unsecured job.lol
    .........
    What you mean 'not yet cut'? Even USD5,000 not high, very standard only. Supposedly Korea paid that to TKH(official sources) & Spore to their foreign coach(BC sources ).
    Ppl like Morten Frost, Yang Yang, their rates should be higher.


Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. National champion Pittard calls it quits
    By suetyan in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 12-11-2009, 04:25 PM
  2. Li Li quits national squad
    By Loh in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 25
    : 02-02-2008, 03:43 AM
  3. Shuttler Sock Ai quits national team
    By erin_hakkinen in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 0
    : 05-22-2007, 08:48 AM
  4. Sze Mei quits and wants to be coach
    By jump_smash in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 0
    : 01-19-2005, 07:34 PM
  5. Singles players let us down, says Misbun
    By ants in forum Thomas/Uber Cups 2004
    Replies: 0
    : 05-12-2004, 11:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •