User Tag List

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly, I don't care if Misbun is an attention-seeker or whatever as long as MAS badminton profits in the end. Blessing in disguise is possible. BAM realises how vulnerable they are without the duo despite Misbun's intentions, whether it is good or bad.
    Last edited by undeadshot; 01-12-2011 at 04:39 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Let's open a BET on the outcome of this sage.

You didnt mention what you want use as the wager. Satay? Satay Celup? Yee Sang ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny it seems....even the press has pro-Bam and pro-Misbun. Changes is unavoidable as the coaching structure needs to be strengthen in order to produce more world beaters.

I don't understand though, is Hendrawan(former world champion) not good enough to coach Misbun Ramdan? Why M.Ramdan can have special treatment even if he is not rank no 1 in the backup squad?

It is undeniable that Misbun is a good coach with great passion for the game. However, there are still weaknesses in his training program that seems to work on LCW alone and not others. Can he generalize the training method to other players as well...? If it works,there will be 10 Chong Weis. The only thing that differentiate CW and others is talent. Same as the comparison of Chong Wei and Lin Dan.

The coaching committee realize this and want Misbun to improvise the training method. For Misbun,there is only one way: HIS WAY. In terms of coaching,he follows his instinct and he doesn't like people to question his way. This is the way we train 20-30 years ago where the belief "No pain,no gain".... but today,there are more advance scientific way where the players training and conditioning can be monitored. It reduces the risk of injury and train in accordance to the player's weaknesses. All this are services are available at ISN but sadly, no one seems to bother about the important of these knowledge. Coaches need to constantly upgrade themselves and not to left behind. When a coach think that he is the best coach and knows everything in the world,that is when he fails to learn.

Although BAM coaching committee might have good intention in implementing changes in the coaching structure, it must be in gradually. It is impossible for the senior coaches to change overnight produces result. Hence, it backfired. It is better to start it from the junior/back up squad rather than the elite squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I think most BCers want them to go. But I am beginning to think this is all bluff because frankly I doubt they have the guts and the savvy to be on their own. For a start LCW and MS will have to agree on what percentage of LCW's winnings or sponsorship monies go to his coach. Now when it comes down to this things can turn ugly. The best of friends are oftentimes at each other's throat when things don't work out. MS may walk out on LCW if his demand for 50% is turned down.
    I am sure some of you have been in businesses with partners. If you remember the lawyers who help you and your partners to set up your company will always advise against a partnership and instead it is best to have one boss and one owner.
    your point is right but if you do not have any idea what is the best % between them

and only gods knows how much, i suggest don't give the 50%,

it just lower your post rating

but more important you are shocking and confusing readers

unless you know how much average lcw is getting

in terms of winnings, endorsement fees and others

then you give your %
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 01-12-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAM has never produced a World No1 lasting two years until the LCW and MS combination, that's for sure.This is no lucky streak and is certainly a result of the splendid player/coach chemistry. BAM happens to be the lucky vehicle carrying them. Maybe they should carry out an experiment. Say bye to LCW/MS and maybe in 5 years,if BAM can produce another WR1 lasting one month, it would be considered a feat.

The fact is world class coaches should call the shots about training and competition for their charges. If they don't , then the management should do the hands on coaching themselves. What the management should do is understand the coach's proposal in terms of objectives and his plans for delivering them within what time frame and provide the support. A world class coach should have the experience to know what is achievable and deserves to have management's confidence in him.

(Well, Andy Wood, it seemed,was hired as chief coach by All England and resigned shortly when he realised he's not gonna have the freedom to decide.)

If MS is not going to have the freedom to decide how he wants to train and send his charges for tournaments, he won't be able to deliver. In which case it makes sense for him to quit. You can't expect a coach to focus if he has management mosquitoes buzzing around him regularly.These guys wanna claim credit for success but his blood for failures, that's how it looks. They actually believe harassment for failures will create success. May work in communist systems but unlikely in MAS.

By the way, is a BAM Treasurer indispensable? Most certainly not. There will be 10 names waiting to fill that useless slot.
    Is LCW indispensable? Most certainly if MAS wants another shot at an Olympic gold. If that's not a target, then LCW is not indispensable because there will be 5 names ready to play for BAM without winning.

This has nothing to do with setting precedents, we are not dealing with legal suits.
    This has to do with BAM's objectives. If it wants to just produce players who can play decent badminton, management should call the shots. If it wants world class results,better listen to the world class coaches and provide the necessary support. (One of which should be a better sports psychologist who is effective enough to not have to accompany players to tournaments.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the problems may be simply summarised in post 370.

It is difficult for an old canine to learn new tricks and to cope with change.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to TV3 news, BAM has rejected Misbun's resignation.
    Smart also, if Misbun insist on resigning & LCW follow, they'll blame him for being stuborn, lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Please reconsider resignation: BAM

BAM Exco meeting at Juara Stadium today. Photo by Bernama.
    PETALING JAYA: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) wants national singles coach Datuk Misbun Sidek to reconsider his resignation for the interest of the nation, particularly the Road to London 2012 Olympic Programme.
    BAM President Datuk Seri Nadzmi Salleh said he would explain to Misbun the reason behind the changes made in the new training structure implemented by BAM and hoped the later would change his perception towards it.

"The changes (in training structure) was decided by the BAM council after the Thomas Cup post-mortem last year. It was aimed for the long term development of badminton to enable us to produce more players like Datuk Lee Chong Wei.

"Any issue that he (Misbun) was not happy with that led to his resignation, BAM is prepared to sit down and discuss," he told reporters after a BAM exco meeting at Stadium Juara, Bukit Kiara here today.

Misbun tendered his resignation on Dec 31, last year, which happened to be the expiry date of his contract with BAM.

Misbun was reported to be unhappy with the major changes implemented by BAM in its new training structure.

Nadzmi said the Road to London programme was very important and the nation had placed high hopes on Chong Wei to win the nation's first gold medal in the Olympics.

"Chong Wei needs Misbun and I've read in the media that Chong Wei will follow Misbun's footsteps. I urge both to reconsider their actions for the sake of the nation," he said.

Asked if BAM would fulfill any demands made by Misbun as a condition for him to continue, Nadzmi said such matters would be considered after receiving feedback from Misbun.

Nadzmi added that the coaching restructure in coaching had been agreed upon by a majority of BAM coaches.

"This is the decision of the majority. To me whether Misbun accepts it or not, is not the issue here. What is important is to think of the country," he said.
    -- BERNAMA
    Last edited by SibugiChai; 01-12-2011 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Please reconsider resignation: BAM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a happy ending will be coming soon... as the saga draws to an end. Will there be surprises, or will it all fall into place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reminds me of the 'special' one.

it is good to have 'transparency', unfortunately most 'asian' countries are not prepared for this. Credibility issue.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    rejected?
    i suggest misbun can go and have a holiday for 2 weeks(MIA from work)
    then let bam fired him,easy
    if bam still dont want to fired him,then they need some medical treatment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    BAM Exco meeting at Juara Stadium today. Photo by Bernama.
    PETALING JAYA: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) wants national singles coach Datuk Misbun Sidek to reconsider his resignation for the interest of the nation, particularly the Road to London 2012 Olympic Programme.
    BAM President Datuk Seri Nadzmi Salleh said he would explain to Misbun the reason behind the changes made in the new training structure implemented by BAM and hoped the later would change his perception towards it.

"The changes (in training structure) was decided by the BAM council after the Thomas Cup post-mortem last year. It was aimed for the long term development of badminton to enable us to produce more players like Datuk Lee Chong Wei.

"Any issue that he (Misbun) was not happy with that led to his resignation, BAM is prepared to sit down and discuss," he told reporters after a BAM exco meeting at Stadium Juara, Bukit Kiara here today.

Misbun tendered his resignation on Dec 31, last year, which happened to be the expiry date of his contract with BAM.

Misbun was reported to be unhappy with the major changes implemented by BAM in its new training structure.

Nadzmi said the Road to London programme was very important and the nation had placed high hopes on Chong Wei to win the nation's first gold medal in the Olympics.

"Chong Wei needs Misbun and I've read in the media that Chong Wei will follow Misbun's footsteps. I urge both to reconsider their actions for the sake of the nation," he said.

Asked if BAM would fulfill any demands made by Misbun as a condition for him to continue, Nadzmi said such matters would be considered after receiving feedback from Misbun.

Nadzmi added that the coaching restructure in coaching had been agreed upon by a majority of BAM coaches.

"This is the decision of the majority. To me whether Misbun accepts it or not, is not the issue here. What is important is to think of the country," he said.
    -- BERNAMA
    there isn't much news here and the real thing will be when misbun answer bam

then lets see how the president moves

anyway, its good to ask misbun to come back but coming to face the same problem

isn't good for the interest of the nation either.

hopefully the president can really iron out whats bugging the program for misbun,

for the coach must have confidence in the program first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"hopefully the president can really iron out whats bugging the program for misbun,

for the coach must have confidence in the program first."

Or the program must have confidence in the coach first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by racquetor View Post
    Funny it seems....even the press has pro-Bam and pro-Misbun. Changes is unavoidable as the coaching structure needs to be strengthen in order to produce more world beaters.

I don't understand though, is Hendrawan(former world champion) not good enough to coach Misbun Ramdan? Why M.Ramdan can have special treatment even if he is not rank no 1 in the backup squad?

It is undeniable that Misbun is a good coach with great passion for the game. However, there are still weaknesses in his training program that seems to work on LCW alone and not others. Can he generalize the training method to other players as well...? If it works,there will be 10 Chong Weis. The only thing that differentiate CW and others is talent. Same as the comparison of Chong Wei and Lin Dan.

The coaching committee realize this and want Misbun to improvise the training method. For Misbun,there is only one way: HIS WAY. In terms of coaching,he follows his instinct and he doesn't like people to question his way. This is the way we train 20-30 years ago where the belief "No pain,no gain".... but today,there are more advance scientific way where the players training and conditioning can be monitored. It reduces the risk of injury and train in accordance to the player's weaknesses. All this are services are available at ISN but sadly, no one seems to bother about the important of these knowledge. Coaches need to constantly upgrade themselves and not to left behind. When a coach think that he is the best coach and knows everything in the world,that is when he fails to learn.

Although BAM coaching committee might have good intention in implementing changes in the coaching structure, it must be in gradually. It is impossible for the senior coaches to change overnight produces result. Hence, it backfired. It is better to start it from the junior/back up squad rather than the elite squad.
    Two statements made by Misbun or his charges confirm two things :

1) Hendrawan is a strategist,MS's son should not start his career with the mindset of a stategist, it should be that of a great
    athlete.
    2) Scornful of game plans and analysis in high level matches- This can be deduced from the scorn when facing European
    teams in the Thomas Cup, denouncing them for analysing too much and less emphasis on playing ball presumably by
    instinct.No wonder we have back-up players who cannot analyse and cant tell why they lost or won.

Correct me if I'wrong but I think I can guess why MS places such a high emphasis on fitness above everything else.In the 80s
    he was a rebel and never trained properly, that's why opponents could always beat him over 3 sets.I think he gradually learned
    and worked hard and by 1986 was able to up his fitness level until he could even beat Han Jian.I think it is because of this that
    he places great emphasis on superb fitness above everything else on his charges.
    That may suit some but not others, even in the China team they only go for military style training once in a while for eg.when
    preparing for the Thomas Cup.That may be old school thinking to some.

This is what I guess ,so correct me if I am wrong those of you coaching and qualified in sports science and coaching.

I think racquetor may have on the spot information and hit the nail right on the head. This sort of conflict is
    prevalent everywhere in this modern world, it is just a matter of seeing the other person's point of view and can be easily sorted out by people with open minds.
    I have never wanted to discuss this in detail as it might be damaging to certain people but this constraint has been removed since someone else brought it out.
    On the other hand, hopefully, it might not be true but mere speculation.
    Last edited by Bbn; 01-12-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what now? Rejected the resignation then what? BAM is throwing the ball back to Misbun? No one dares to take the axe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now the ball is with Misbun once again... Hope he can stay...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by racquetor View Post

so you still think misbun still imposes those harsh training like 20-30 years ago.lol

you haven't a slight idea what he is capable of in todays training

let me tell you about ramdan case.

what happens when a coach spot a talented player?

the same case with li mao when he spotted a player from sabah.

he was denied the charge on him and he was really pissed off,

you can surf and find comments li mao gave on malaysian badminton

every coaches want succession and so this talented player happens to be misbun's son,

does it make a difference?

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast