User Tag List

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are right...

But neither is it wrong.

1) in the hierachy set up... Ramdan has not deserved to be promoted into the Elite Squad.
    So you are right in this aspect. Based on the flawed BAM training system that the TCC has failed to fix. Never changed...

and yet claim it is new and demand that it is given a chance to test Run yet again!

2) If the national team are free of the hierachy set up... and coaches are allowed to choose their players on a yearly basis... a mix of 'elite' and 'backup' in the same 'cell-group'....
    --> Then it is not wrong to have Ramdan training under Misbun.

3) When it is ever trully wrong for a Father to want to train his own son?

4) Even MORE SO: When it is ever trully wrong for a coach to trust his own instinct and choose to train a person whom he believes to have the 'potential'... be it his own son.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I don't quite agree on the word "instinct". I look at it from the helicopter view and the ROI. Like it or not, BAM is a business entity (operating costs involved to produce "results"), so BAM can't run the biz based on "instinct". Honestly, without BAM, do U think LCW will be where he is today? Nobody should discredit Misbun, Li Mao or Frost throughout LCW's career, and the same goes to BAM.

I've NOT seen Ramdan in actions, but has he won anything yet at the junior level? He is 18yrs old, and if I'm not mistaken, Taufik entered All England Final at the age of 18 or 19. So where is Ramdan now if he is so talented?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    they dont operate in "cells' that is too futuristic for Malaysians, rather as work units in a HIERARCHY.

Look at Msia Squash, smallish with the World champion and several world class players. All supported by parents.
    But they can never succeed in team events, no depth and breadth.
    it may be true one moves on really slow in the Msian Machine, but at least there will be depth and breadth unlike Squash.

That's why some parents do not want their children in the BAM. The BAM could be guilty of putting old wines in new bottles (re-badging) and the TCC still operating within an old framework and not thinking out of the box.

Given all the challenges from the external environment ,mindset,culture, size,demands on public and government what is better

and has it been given a chance to be proven wrong?
    Lest i be mistaken... Your post answered your own question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Player's who do not have the physical and Mental GRIT will always have poor attitudes & opines towards how things are done.

They will say that 'it's Not Fair.... I'm not sparring with LCW... But the other guy is. That is why he can succeed and I CAN'T.

What's worse we have these lovely fan boys who will cry for them too. And tell them they are right. Instead of telling them to be the best they can be to try and climb over the wall and break the impossible barrier.

They do not have this drive. The lost... are content at being the back up... away from the spot light. for they fear the expectations of being a star. They are content at failing as long as they can put the blame on someone else or some thing.

National sporting heroes are not made such way... all that glitters is not gold... only shooting stars break the mould.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    Player's who do not have the physical and Mental GRIT will always have poor attitudes & opines towards how things are done.

They will say that 'it's Not Fair.... I'm not sparring with LCW... But the other guy is. That is why he can succeed and I CAN'T.

What's worse we have these lovely fan boys who will cry for them too. And tell them they are right. Instead of telling them to be the best they can be to try and climb over the wall and break the impossible barrier.

They do not have this drive. The lost... are content at being the back up... away from the spot light. for they fear the expectations of being a star. They are content at failing as long as they can put the blame on someone else or some thing.

National sporting heroes are not made such way... all that glitters is not gold... only shooting stars break the mould.
    i admire you for been observant to know all this

and you also took your time off to see the malaysian challenge

otherwise most of us just playing baddy, read bc post, chit chat here and there

and of course rely on the press and google

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    They exist in many modern organisations, they carry a file and record book and just spot your shortcomings and mistakes and nothing else. You just have to tolerate them , they are like traffic wardens and police, the only way to survive is to live with it and understand that they are doing their job, sometimes a bit overzealous.If you cannot accept their role, its time to be your own boss.
    just becoz BAM is nobody's own company, acting like autocratic boss isnt accepted by the public...the bosses of BAM then shud justify every action they are taking....i dun care if it's sum1's private asset but they shud be remembered BAM has high public interest

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    I don't think anyone can disagree on you for this one... I never viewed Ramdan as a good player or a player with potential, particularly after his loss to a Sri Lankan player in the Malaysia GP Gold and to Liew Daren in straight games (14-21; 14-21 in Indonesia GP QF)
    Honestly speaking, if I were coach Hendrawan, I'd feel hurt and offended. Hendrawan was a very good player, if NOT better than Misbun himself. Having said that, I urge Misbun to leave BAM and bring his beloved talented son with him... and proof me wrong by lifting the OG/AG/WC/AE Gold medal... boleh tak?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He beat Sony then the next day Darren Liew beat Ramdan? haha... typical BOLEH player (except LCW)... haha...

Misbun Mohmed Misbun R. beat Sony Dwi Kuncoro [4]: 21-13 10-21 21-16

Daren Liew beat Misbun Mohmed Misbun R.: 21-14 21-14
    I think beating a senior player like SDK (even when he is injured shows) good temperament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are right...

But neither is it wrong.

1) in the hierachy set up... Ramdan has not deserved to be promoted into the Elite Squad.
    So you are right in this aspect. Based on the flawed BAM training system that the TCC has failed to fix. Never changed...

and yet claim it is new and demand that it is given a chance to test Run yet again!

2) If the national team are free of the hierachy set up... and coaches are allowed to choose their players on a yearly basis... a mix of 'elite' and 'backup' in the same 'cell-group'....

4) Even MORE SO: When it is ever trully wrong for a coach to trust his own instinct and choose to train a person whom he believes to have the 'potential'... be it his own son.
    No.4 can be quite a problem to administrators, they always want some form of justification and measured output.

In an extreme case a bank's management may ask why their branch manager transfered Rm10 million to his personal account

without authorisation and procedures. Surely the manager cannot reply that his instincts tell him that it is OK to do so.

Just like government officers abusing their power and giving contracts and licences at exorbitant prices to themselves, they cant say they make their own rules as there are no existing guidelines ,so they trusted their instincts.

I think the basic principle is everywhere especially those involving other people's money we need a set of guidelines,procedures

to justify decisions,otherwise a system would be subject to abuse.

It is very difficult when organisations undergoing change for staff to find that now they have to write reports, fill in forms for every little thing etc. but that's life.

Just try promoting your subordinate without a reason other than your instinct and you'll be asked to fill an evaluation form

to justify it. It is called good governance and transparency.You can surely do what you like if you are say running your own private SMI or SME because its your own money and company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly speaking, if I were coach Hendrawan, I'd feel hurt and offended. Hendrawan was a very good player, if NOT better than Misbun himself. Having said that, I urge Misbun to leave BAM and bring his beloved talented son with him... and proof me wrong by lifting the OG/AG/WC/AE Gold medal... boleh tak?
    I think someone mentioned that he didn't want R to be trained by a "strategist".

To that person there are things more important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are right...

But neither is it wrong.

No.2 was the solution proposed by the former Minister of Sports to solve the impasse.

Players do play by instinct. Chen Hong was once asked his strategy to play another player, he said

he had none, just go out there and play your best. He also mentioned he feared no opponent, only himself

(presumably for being below par in condition). Now we can understand why Chinese fans had unflattering things to say about him.Maybe he was just joking when interviewed, anyway judge for yourself and my pre-apologies to his fans.

I have known some in the current local squad like that, that's why they never seem to get very far even though they are very skillful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tak boleh, misbun doesn't have to proof that,

right now, he should relax, spend more time with his wife,

and go fishing again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think CH was once losing badly to Gade and someone asked Zhao JH on TV why CH didn't change his tactics like Sun Jun

used to do against Gade.

ZJH replied that it is because Sun Jun is more ,let's say "imaginative". ( I'm using a more polite word so that Era doesn't slam me).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway I hope you all dont go overboard in these discussions,

disputes have been going on between Management and Workers for decades resulting in strikes ,work to rule,

walk outs etc.etc. The problem is always solved by seeing eye to eye and thru negotiations eventually.

That's why there is a body of knowledge called "Industrial Relations". All these go on everyday everywhere

and right or wrong is very subjective.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I am thinking about that. 2012 should be the year my daugther finishes her schooling (free man at last, Amen, maybe)...OLY12 may the last we see of LD/LCW in a major, make it the mother of all majors for both, second gold for LD and 1st for LCW (also last chance for MAS before no hope for a long time) The concern is ticket, accomodation, crowd, safety. I am trying to coax my wife to see Europe and see SF and F in OLY12, I am working on her to show her vids of LD and LCW, WX, so far she is warming up and I tell her to see 'live' is a whole different experience. Needs patience lah.
    Heck 2012, the world could end...and no gold for either LD or LCW
    you are doing it the wrong way, mate. show her the 3 LV and Hermes shops within walking distance from London center and you're all set.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    you are doing it the wrong way, mate. show her the 3 LV and Hermes shops within walking distance from London center and you're all set.
    Once it was reported a Hermes lady bag selling for CAD50K here, LV prolly in the CAD5K range...errr thx for your kind advice, better stick to WX and the 2 fellas, also, my wife is a Coach person, pretty down to earth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Focus on Malaysia Open'

2011/01/14
    By K.M. Boopathy

MISBUN Sidek has decided to reserve his comments but BA of Malaysia high performance director Datuk James Selvaraj has urged the players to forget about the issue and focus on next week's Malaysia Open.
    BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh has asked Misbun to drop his conditions and return to the fold but the singles coach, who resigned on Dec 31, has not indicated he is willing to do so.

Nadzmi is ready to meet Misbun at any time but as the fraternity awaits the meeting, Selvaraj has asked the players to focus on producing better results in the Malaysia Open which begins at Putra Stadium on Tuesday.

"The current issue will be resolved fast and I can assure that the programmes of the national players will be not affected in any way," said Selvaraj.

"The Malaysia Open will begin in a few days and the national shuttlers should be focused on beginning the year with a bang.

"It is our home Super Series event and every player should perform well and try to exceed their own targets.

"Lee Chong Wei and Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong will be defending their titles and we have plenty to look forward to in the Malaysia Open next week."

However, the proposed meeting between Nadzmi and Misbun will continue to hog the headlines and it will be for the best if it is held before the tournament starts.

Chong Wei, Tan Chun Seang and Liew Daren all train under Misbun and playing in the Malaysia Open without doubts over the future of their coach will be an ideal way to chart their campaigns.

Read more: 'Focus on Malaysia Open' http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/4...#ixzz1B1e7OurA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the Forum postings there are five accusations thrown at Misbun Sidek

1) Misbun is a lowsy coach and deserves sacking
    -> I humbly disagree

2) Misbun is a person who practices nepotism
    -> I humbly disagree. He just has a different perspective on how things can be done.
    A man does not put his career, reputation and bread and butter on the line just to give his own son an advantage. What more under the spotlight of the public and press.

Businessmen and DATUKs have much more of this luxury.

3) Misbun is a person who disrespect rules and regulations
    -> I partly agree. But i believe it is due to years of head banging into the birocracy of a flawed system

4) Misbun disrespects Hendrawan
    -> I do not know. Have they had a heart to heart chat. Camaraderie between explayers and coaches... often they understand and respect each other.

5) Misbun is an opportunist
    -> I humbly scoff at this remark.
    Last edited by jug8man; 01-14-2011 at 11:04 AM.