User Tag List

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    what do i think? i still think the same.

what i have said you didn't get it maybe in a couple of days.lol

if you think changing coaches is like changing underwear, its fine with me
    Frankly speaking, I don't really understand what you are talking about! What would come out in a couple of days time has nothing to do here as from the beginning I always focused on the badminton association as a whole but you keep on divulging on MS and LCW.

Just look at the content of my post and where are we now? Talking about underwears....?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with most of the points in post #34.

Let the man go. Nobody is indispensable. Time to change, for better or worse, either way, the difference won't be much. It maybe a blessing for all you know. Some MAS supporters like to remain in their comfort zones and are afraid.

Please note that Misbun resigned, he was not sacked and he made his own decision and we must respect that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t let Misbun go, BAM

By RAJES PAUL

PETALING JAYA: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has no plan to part company with his coach and mentor Misbun Sidek.
    And he hopes that the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) will seriously look into Misbun’s resignation and coax him out of quitting as national coach.
    Misbun tendered his resignation on Dec 31 due to unhappiness over several decisions and remarks made by top officials in the BAM.
    Chong Wei said that he would choose to follow Misbun if he were left without a choice.
    “I am loyal to my coach. After all, he has been the man behind my rise as a successful player (over the last six years). I will follow him,” said Chong Wei.
    “I want Misbun to be on my side in my preparation for all the tournaments leading to the London Olympic Games next year.
    “My coach is frustrated right now and I respect his decision. He is unhappy over some matters. I hope the BAM will cooperate and resolve the issues and look into his grouses again.
    “It is not right to only blame the coach when things don’t go right. The BAM should be supportive in the good and bad times.”
    It is learnt that Misbun was unhappy over some of the changes made by the BAM training and coaching committee.
    The last straw was the committee’s decision last Thursday to reject his appeal to coach his son, Misbun Ramdan.
    Chong Wei said that several BAM officials showed a lack of appreciation.
    “For the last two years, I won many international titles but they were far from satisfied. They look at one or two defeats. They do not care too much about our feelings,” he said.
    “To them, winning many titles does not mean much. Some other players also feel unappreciated but they are not as brave as me to speak up.” The All-England champion said that he would wait for a BAM decision before making any conclusions on his future with the national team.
    “I would like to see my coach sitting behind me when I play in the Malaysian Open (Jan 18-23). I hope the BAM will work towards the good of the sport for the country.” Chong Wei leaves today for Taipeh with coach Teh Seu Bock to defend the Super Series Masters Finals title beginning tomorrow.
    In major tournaments, Chong Wei won the 100th edition of the All-England last year and he was the silver medallist at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and 2010 Guangzhou Asian Games.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...709&sec=sports

*** I respect MS decision, nevertheless, I still feel frustrated... haish! This BAM people really ....
    Last edited by eRa@에라; 01-02-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hopefully LCW will be the catalyst for sensible action or change, where others have failed. I applaud him for taking a public stance of support of Misbun. That is what loyalty is about.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    I think BAM should take this matter in a direct and simple way which is to accept Misbun resignation. I still remember there were quite a number of members here especially Malaysian that wanted change in Malaysian badminton for betterment and I think we should start here.

Never mind what were actually the reasons behind MS resignations (only MS knows) and he himself couldn't give a reason solid enough that it could be of personal interest unfulfilled as speculated. Let the man go if the man wanted out.

Situation of this kinds always happen (taken to hostility) whenever there is a structural re-organisation and revamp that certain quarters are always unhappy with certain decisions made. But if the decision is deem fit and right by the authority, by all means stick with it come what may.

What happened to China when they lost Li Mao? What happened to Malaysia when we lost Li Mao too? Or should we reversed the question> what had we gained with the great Hendrawan instead? Its not about the coaches, its not about the players (not denying they make some differences though) but its all about the system, coaching regime, training methods, discipline instilled and last but not least implementation. Making sure all sticks to the plan by hook or by crook to produce results ultimately.

At the end of the day, TXH, LYB and LD has to go and China will remain as China. Simply because they got the system right that fine coaches and world beaters are just a matter of duplication to them.

So BAM should just let the man go, open up the eyes and learn from China eventhough we might slump for the time being. Come to think of it, Malaysian badminton today is already in a slump.
    well said!

Indeed true, we need to built a system instead of relying on few individual.

Misbun dedication & Love for country & sports is undeniable but if he wants out, let him leave in Honour.

He did a great job...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He was never the problem. The problem will not go away so easily. But maybe a part of the solution has just walked away in disgust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    To Bbn #23

I don't think Misbun's overriding worry is his own security or position in history. I think he has come to realise the absolute futility of the situation.

A good company may desire change if it has enough reason and data to justify change, and has the relevant data and resources for the solution available as well. An incompetent management may want change just to cover up its own incompetence and to give the impression of doing something important and necessary. A corrupted organisation may want change to create an atmosphere of uncertainty, take advantage of the situation and institute a series of self-serving measures.

In 2 out of 3 cases, performance reviews are the "tools" to justify change for narrow and self-serving purposes. These tools create a curtain that often obscures the truth. As Disraeli said, "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics."
    Indeed in many cases there are many flaws in such performance evaluation and needs to be upgraded continuously eg.

Many Performance evaluations/criterion or KPIs focus too much on the targets achieved by an individual not the team or unit.

This leads to people becoming self centered and trying to achieve his/her own agenda without consideration for other colleagues. The team player is then ostracised as an under-performer eg.Hafiz who delivers in team events but never shines in individuals.
    In msia's case the result is very good individual performances in 2 world no.1 but no depth in the team and failure at team events which is the main target in traditional thinking.
    But then again, a high percentage of tours to be won are individuals ,not team events so this team effort must have been downplayed somewhere.
    All these can be seen in the big companies with staff guarding their own turf and being very defensive and abrasive and seeps down to the players who probably start quarreling among themselves.

Management experts will probably say that the above is just one way of management, ie. the American "kick butt"
    system ,"ship up or shape out." There are many alternative ways for different situations.

In the end the real test are the results, in this case the results are great individuals but a lack of teamwork and a succession regime,

i dont know if it is good or bad but it seems quite good compared to other countries in terms of achievements but quite poor

compared to the past decade of success in team events (the minority) and a succession system.It boils down to what the organisation really wants and staff just have to comply.or the management may want to fine-tune the system.

Some people believe that LYB's heavy hand will not work in msia simply because there is not a similar pool of players to

come up the ranks.

I believe all these can also be related to economics and budgeting, in good times with a generous budget more people can benefit but with budget constraints most people will just invest in the people with a high percentage of success.
    Last edited by Bbn; 01-02-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Hopefully LCW will be the catalyst for sensible action or change, where others have failed. I applaud him for taking a public stance of support of Misbun. That is what loyalty is about.
    I salute LCW for his loyalty to Misbun his mentor.
    BAM should do some soul-searching and give credit where credit is due.
    LCW is a soft-spoken gentleman but this time he really spoke his mind.
    If Misbun does not reverse his decision to resign, then LCW is likely to appoint him as his personal coach and in terms of earnings for the next two years they would be better off.
    Thereafter the two could run the LCW Badminton Academy and who knows what they could achieve.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

maybe they could get together with taufik and mulyo and form an international academy. that would be a hit!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow LCW has explained it

I believe that LCW has explained it. He is closest to Misbun Sidek.

Quote Originally Posted by eRa@에라 View Post
    “My coach is frustrated right now and I respect his decision. He is unhappy over some matters. I hope the BAM will cooperate and resolve the issues and look into his grouses again.
    “It is not right to only blame the coach when things don’t go right. The BAM should be supportive in the good and bad times.”
    It is learnt that Misbun was unhappy over some of the changes made by the BAM training and coaching committee.
    The last straw was the committee’s decision last Thursday to reject his appeal to coach his son, Misbun Ramdan.
    “For the last two years, I won many international titles but they were far from satisfied. They look at one or two defeats. They do not care too much about our feelings,” he said.
    “To them, winning many titles does not mean much. Some other players also feel unappreciated but they are not as brave as me to speak up.” The All-England champion said that he would wait for a BAM decision before making any conclusions on his future with the national team.
    “I would like to see my coach sitting behind me when I play in the Malaysian Open (Jan 18-23). I hope the BAM will work towards the good of the sport for the country.” Chong Wei leaves today for Taipeh with coach Teh Seu Bock to defend the Super Series Masters Finals title beginning tomorrow.
    In major tournaments, Chong Wei won the 100th edition of the All-England last year and he was the silver medallist at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and 2010 Guangzhou Asian Games.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...709&sec=sports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monday January 3, 2011

Don’t let Misbun go, BAM

By RAJES PAUL

PETALING JAYA: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has no plan to part company with his coach and mentor Misbun Sidek.
    And he hopes that the Bad*minton Association of Malaysia (BAM) will seriously look into Misbun’s resignation and coax him out of quitting as national coach.
    Misbun tendered his resignation on Dec 31 due to unhappiness over several decisions and remarks made by top officials in the BAM.
    Chong Wei said that he would choose to follow Misbun if he were left without a choice.
    “I am loyal to my coach. After all, he has been the man behind my rise as a successful player (over the last six years). I will follow him,” said Chong Wei.
    “I want Misbun to be on my side in my preparation for all the tournaments leading to the London Olympic Games next year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above statement by Datuk LCW reflects the upmost importance of the presence of Datuk Misbun in BAM generally and to him,specifically. It also reflects the unspeakable level of loyalty that Datuk LCW has in regards the influence and existence of Datuk Misbun in his life as long he is donning the National shirt.

Regardless whatever people say that maybe we have to respect his decision to resigned or it is time for us to move on and face the fact that he is not with BAM anymore, but unfortunately, if BAM is a huge ship and Datuk N##### is the captain. If the ship sinks and Datuk N##### jumps, i dare to say no one will follow him, but if Datuk Misbun jumps, Datuk LCW will be the first to follow him swimming to the visible land followed by the other players...and BAM staff...and.......Datuk N#####. Why?. Because people surrounds him trust in his guidance and fully beleives that he can make a change or otherwise Datuk LCW will not said as what stated above.

Its rare to hear and read Datuk LCW honest and bold opinion, but when he starts to open his mouth, he meant it and if i were BAM, i would seriously look into it. Otherwise rather than loosing 1 important soul, they will loose another one under their flagship and it will show that chain of management in BAM is poor in the eys of the other countries.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Don’t overreact, says BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai

BAM secretary, Ng Chin Chai, said "Don’t overreact".

Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...759&sec=sports

Monday January 3, 2011

Don’t overreact, says BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai

PETALING JAYA: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) are in the midst of a crisis following the resignation of national coach Misbun Sidek but their secretary, Ng Chin Chai, has chosen to approach the matter in a calm and collected manner.

Chin Chai, facing his first real big challenge since assuming the post in July, said that it was pointless to overreact to it. “It is better to let this issue settle down and cool off for a day or two. It is not right to make a decision or say something in a haste right now,” said Chin Chai, a lawyer by profession.

“We will have a clearer picture in the next few days and all of us will be in a better position to make a decision.”

Chin Chai added that he had been kept busy answering calls yesterday. “All the council members wanted to know what had transpired.

“We will wait for our president (Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh) to return home to deliberate on the matter.”

Chin Chai took up the appointment as the BAM secretary five months ago. He is also the chairman of the training and coaching committee and he is assisted by high performance director Datuk James Selvaraj.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-02-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well said! But you are assuming rational people and those with no ulterior motives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May be BAM should pour in millions to hire Jose Mourihno? BOLEH tak?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another version

Misbun hilang sabar (Misbun lost patience)

By Mohd Hilmie Hussin

DATUK LEE CHONG WEI anggap terlalu banyak faktor dan tekanan yang mengheret kepada peletakan jawatan jurulatihnya, Datuk Misbun Sidek. (DLCW assumed that there are many factors and pressure that bring to the resignation of his coach, DMS.)

Sambil menafikan alasan tunggal kegagalan Persatuan Badminton Malaysia (BAM) menunaikan permintaan jurulatih itu agar anaknya Misbun Ramdan diletakkan di bawah kendaliannya, Chong Wei, semalam mendedahkan Misbun sebenarnya sudah tidak lagi gembira dengan pelbagai masalah ditimbulkan pihak pengurusan persatuan. (While denying that the sole reason was that BAM not granting his son to be trained under him, DLCW disclosed that MS is actually no longer happy with all the problems caused by the BAM’s management.)

“Bagi saya, masalah ini sudah lama berlarutan. Misbun tidak gembira dengan tindakan seorang pegawai persatuan yang hanya pandai cakap sedangkan tidak tahu apa-apa mengenai sukan,” kata Chong Wei. (“To me, this problem has been prolonged. Misbun is not happy with one of the officer who only talks but knows nothing about the sport,” said LCW.)

“Pegawai itu dan juga persatuan sering memberi tekanan kepada jurulatih dan kami, sebagai pemain. Kami tahu tugas kami perlu hasilkan keputusan terbaik, malah kami sentiasa berusaha ke arah itu dengan berkerja keras. Mereka bagaimanapun menuduh kami, tidak menjalankan tugas. (“The officer and BAM always put pressure on the coaches and us as the players. We know our job is to produce the best result and we always work hard towards that. However, they accused us of not doing our job.”)

“Pegawai itu sering meminta laporan jika kami tewas di mana-mana kejohanan. Saya tahu itu tugas mereka, tapi peliknya, mereka tidak pernah minta laporan jika menang. Ini tidak betul, malah persatuan mahupun pegawai itu langsung tidak mengucapkan tahniah kepada kami. Saya sendiri tidak sukakan pegawai itu,” kata Chong Wei yang enggan mendedahkan identiti pegawai itu. (“That officer always asks for reports whenever we lost in any tournaments. I know it’s their job but weird is, they never ask for a report when we win. That is not right, even BAM or the officer never congratulate us. I don’t even like that officer,” said LCW who refused to disclosed the officer’s identity.)

Begitupun, Chong Wei berkata dia menghormati keputusan jurulatihnya itu yang mengambil keputusan untuk meletakkan jawatan. (However, LCW said he respects his coach’s decision to resign.)

Chong Wei turut mendedahkan dia dan pemain lain yang dilatih legenda badminton itu mengetahui mengenai niat Misbun meletak jawatan selepas tamat latihan, Khamis lalu. (LCW also disclosed that he and the others who were trained by the badminton legend knew about MS intention to quit after training session, last Thursday.)

“Selepas latihan, jurulatih (Misbun) menangis sambil beritahu dia sayangkan kami semua. Dia kata akan letak jawatan kerana tidak tahan lagi dengan pegawai itu. Selama ini dia bertahan kerana tahu itu tanggungjawabnya,” kata Chong Wei. (“After training, coach (Misbun) cried while telling us he loves us all. He said he will resign because he could not stand the officer anymore. All these while, he stayed on because he knew it’s his responsibility,” said LCW.)

“Saya terhutang budi pada Misbun. Sejak di bawahnya, saya berada di ranking pertama dunia hingga kini. Saya akan teruskan rekod di puncak dunia sebagaimana yang Misbun mahukan.” (“I am grateful to Misbun. I am in the first world ranking since training under him until now. I will continue my record to be on top of the world as he wants me to be.”)

[…]
    “Saya harap bila kembali dari Final Siri Super Masters di Taiwan, semua ini sudah selesai. Selepas itu saya harap Misbun dapat hadir ke Stadium Bukit Jalil menyaksikan permainan saya di Terbuka Malaysia, sama ada sebagai jurulatih atau penonton. [“I hope all this will be settled when I’m back from Super Series Masters Final in Taiwan. After that I hope Misbun can come to Bukit Jalil Stadium to watch me play in MO, either as a coach or audience.”]

“Apapun saya rasa untuk membuatkan Misbun kembali melatih saya amat susah. Saya tidak tahu bagaimana BAM nak pujuk dia,” kata Chong Wei yang menyerahkan tugas mencari pengganti Misbun kepada BAM. (I think to get Misbun to come back to train me is going to be really hard. I don’t know how is BAM gonna persuade him,” said LCW […])

“Siapa jurulatih saya selepas ini saya tidak tahu. Yang penting, saya perlu dapatkan keputusan baik di Olimpik London. Sebelum itu, apapun terjadi saya tidak kisah apa orang nak kata, saya sudah lali.” (I don’t know who’s gonna be my coach after this. What important is for me to get a good result in London Olympic. Before that, whatever happens, I don’t care what people wanna say, I’ve had enough of it.”)

[…]

Misbun dikatakan tidak berpuas hati apabila permintaannya melatih Misbun Ramdan dan Iskandar Zulkarnain tidak dibenarkan. (Misbun is said to be unsatisfied when his request to train Misbun Ramdan dan Iskandar Zulkarnain was not granted.)

[…]
    http://www.hmetro.com.my/myMetro/art...cle/index_html

*** Anyone knows who is that stupid officer?! I think Misbun has laid out a good development plan for the players but it was not approved. And when they started taking away his players and giving him a bunch of misfortunates, it really went overboard. I know I’m talking out of frustration, still… *sigh*
    Last edited by eRa@에라; 01-02-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quote by the Sport Minister

""Ini kerana saya sangat percaya apa pun tindakan yang dilakukan oleh Misbun adalah berasaskan kepada kepentingan negara, kerana kepentingan negara mesti diletakkan di atas segala-galanya," katanya."

(This is because I really believe that whatever decision made by Misbun is based on national interest, because national interest must be placed above anything else," he said.)

Hmmm....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

National interest vs personal interest (his son)... which is more BOLEH?

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast