User Tag List

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Don,t know why Ahmad Shabery mentioned Roger Federer (from Tennis); when he could have mentioned Taufik Hidayat (when we are talking about Badminton)?
    Perhaps he doesn't know about TH's case. Too many sports to take care of or plain ignorance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    what other than the Misbun " walk out " issues ..and will lcw quits the team & turn pro & how will this affect the coaching planning for 2011

ok maybe it will be in the press tomorrow

and who was playing futsal in kuching?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he was playing futsal just now in Kuching .... ~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You were the one telling BAM to fire Misbun when you started this thread;
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...d-rashid-sidek

We thought that you would be pleased, now that Misbun is gone.

However, after Misbun is gone, we see that BAM is trying to get Misbun back. It looks like BAM is not listening to your suggestion.
    That is your very own assumption.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well! better dun quit,Chong Wei! no benefit for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the sport minister of m'sia ~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    just pulling your leg, dato

you are ... steady

money to him isn't the priority as far as baddy for malaysia is concerned

he was offered as head coach of one country

and he needs only 2 years to make what he is making here for 8-10 years
    Which country? Papua New Guinea? Nigeria? or Australia?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato A View Post
    Which country? Papua New Guinea? Nigeria? or Australia?
    if i think it should be said i would have said it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don,t know why Ahmad Shabery mentioned Roger Federer (from Tennis); when he could have mentioned Taufik Hidayat (when we are talking about Badminton)?
    He already mentioned INA players in press intv, as in playing for clubs & going pro thingy. Read Utusan
    So, next example tennis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    I was surprised that few people in the national team knew who James was.

He was Thomas Cupper in 1976, several times Selangor champion in singles and doubles and if I remember rightly

national champion too . His training methods in his time are actually no different from Misbun, it was only the batch after 1988 and 1992 (that includes Rashid) that were exposed to China methods under YY,Han Jian, Fang Kai Xiang etc. In 90s there was also Frost,Indra Gunawan etc.
    It would be appreciated if you could list all the open titles won by JS during his playing career. It is good for us, Bcers, to know more about him just as we know so much about LYB and Morten Frost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To tell you the truth Msia players from 1970 up to 1988 are nothing to shout about.It was a rock bottom period where

the government did not provide much support and the only people noteworthy at that time were the Sidek family

thru the personal efforts of their parents.The Msia Open was revived only in 1983.

I cant remember any Msia player of that period (pre-Misbun) who won any International tournaments, only local ones.

Only that they performed beyond expectations in the 1976 and 1979 Thomas Cup.

James played singles and doubles in those Thomas Cup campaigns.

Other than that as everyone knows he grew up in the Selangor Badminton Association Hall in Kampung Attap

where his family were the caretakers.

It was only after 1988 when Msia badminton opened up to foreign influence and Msia reached the Thomas Cup Final after a long lapse.

It has gone "local" in recent years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    It would be appreciated if you could list all the open titles won by JS during his playing career. It is good for us, Bcers, to know more about him just as we know so much about LYB and Morten Frost.
    One of the team events he played was TC 1976, MS & MD, where Msia was runner up. You can search TC by each edition. Datuk JS joined Bata in 1980, no idea how he got his Datukship
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Thomas_Cup

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday January 7, 2011
    Misbun ready to talk
    By RAJES PAUL
    PETALING JAYA: There may be a happy end to the Misbun Sidek controversy after all.
    After keeping mum for some time, Misbun has finally aired his grievances that led to his decision to quit as a national badminton coach to Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek in a heart-to-heart talk on Wednesday.
    I am out: Misbun Sidek handed in his resignation on Dec 31.
    And Shabery will now initiate a tripartite meeting among Misbun, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) and himself to resolve matters.
    Misbun tendered a resignation letter to the BAM on Dec 31. And his decision to leave the national team brought out strong reactions from world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, who said that he would follow suit if the BAM were unable to persuade his coach to change his mind.
    The “healing session” between Misbun and BAM is expected to take place in a day or two after Shabery returns from an official visit to Kuching.
    Shabery is playing the role as the mediator after Misbun refused to meet BAM president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh to reveal why he decided to quit.
    The minister had met Nadzmi and other BAM officials at lunch on Wednesday. And together with the National Sports Council’s (NSC) director of sports management, Abdul Jalil Abdullah, they met Misbun over dinner.
    Shabery said that Misbun had some problems with the BAM that could be ironed out.
    “I gathered from the talk with Misbun that there were some grievances and differences in opinion between him and the BAM,” he said.
    “He (Misbun) raised some valid points that needed to be ironed out. It has nothing to do with some of the speculations that have emerged. It is about how one handles the training and its approaches.
    “I will, however, not divulge the details of what was spoken in privacy. The best way is for me to bring both parties for a discussion. Let us all be open about it.”

Shabery said that both Misbun and Nadzmi had agreed to have the meeting.
    “I have spoken to Nadzmi and he is open to have a discussion with Misbun and vice versa. Both sides are sincere and I think, this is a positive sign,” he said.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Misbun: I need a break

By K.M. Boopathy and Desmond Davidson

2011/01/07

MISBUN Sidek has stated that his patriotism should not be questioned just because he resigned as the national singles coach last week.
    Misbun said that badminton has been his life and he wants to take a temporary break and will return when he overcomes his anger and disappointment.

"I'm upset and disappointed and I want to take a break. It's not a question of patriotism as I have been involved in badminton all my life," said Misbun.

"What happened internally (in the coaching and training committee meeting) should remain internal and I'm not going to reveal anything.

"I had dinner with Sports Minister (Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek) yesterday (Wednesday) but it was just an informal meeting and nothing more than that."

Misbun also made it clear his decision was not influenced by anyone and there is also no attempt to lure Lee Chong Wei or any other shuttler out of the national team.

An emotional Misbun, who turns 51 next month, declined from making further comments as he felt the time was not right.

Meanwhile, Ahmad Shabery said he will be having a joint meeting with Misbun and BA of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Salleh to settle the issue after his two-day visit to Sarawak.

Ahmad Shabery was optimistic the differences between Misbun and BAM would be sorted out before the Malaysia Open on Jan 18-24.

"With the Malaysia Open beginning soon, I am sure that the situation will improve. Time will assist us to clear the air. I feel that it is not good that the problem between Misbun and BAM went public and that Misbun had to tender his resignation," said Ahmad Shabery.

"There should have been dialogues and discussions rather than going public. There will only be the three of us in the meeting."

Speculation is rife that one of the reasons behind Misbun's resignation was the decision by BAM to let Hendrawan coach Misbun's son Misbun Ramdan.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/l...icle/art_print

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/info...n&pg=su_01.htm
    Misbun's statement:
    "Kami (bersama Menteri) hanya berbual kosong semalam. Saya menjelaskan kepada beliau sebab mengapa saya mahu meletakkan jawatan, itu saja.
    We (together with the Sports Minister) only had a chat yesterday. I explained to him why I wanted to resign, that's all

"Saya tetap berpegang kepada prinsip bahawa apa yang dibincangkan atau berlaku dalam bilik mesyuarat, sepatutnya kekal di situ dan tidak perlu dibawa keluar. Begitupun saya mengakui, rasa kecewa terhadap persatuan adalah sebab saya mahu berundur.
    "Apa pun, ketika ini saya tidak mahu fikir dan berkata apa-apa, kerana saya hanya mahu berehat seketika. Saya harap semua pihak menghormati dan memahaminya,'' ujar Misbun.
    I hold the principle that whatever that's discussed in the meeting room stays there & cannot be revealed.
    However, I admit the disappointement towards the association that caused me to step down.
    At this time I dont want to think or do anything, because I just want to rest for while. I hope all parties respect & understand that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that it's good for him to take a break... spend more quality time with his loved ones... coz his life has been revolved around Badminton... boleh?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

misbun looks tired, he need a good rest... refresh himself & take a look at his life... God luck Misbun!

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast