User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Foot Pain

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to get this problem on my right foot (I'm right handed). At the top of the foot like Kwun mentioned. No insoles yet but I'll try the skipping laces method first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    I'm starting to get this problem on my right foot (I'm right handed). At the top of the foot like Kwun mentioned. No insoles yet but I'll try the skipping laces method first.
    I have the same problem since a few trainings. One reason could be that my orthopedic insole was getting thinner in the ball of the foot zone. Then I probably got more pressure on the inside of my right foot. I changed them, but only played one session after this. I taped it twice and didnīt felt any pain, but this is not really healthy as it stresses other parts of the foot/leg and doesnīt heal the problem. Ice helps. The most helps to see an psychical therapist or sports pysician. Unfortunatly I will see our psychical therapist on friday.
    I do a lot of stretching! (before the training, after and the days I donīt train.) Also I always use orthopedic insoles and try to change my shoes early enough!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been having pain on my right foot at the cuboid bone, I think. Could be also the cuboid bone that joints to the last metatarsal bone. It's been 2 months. I think I used a lot of force on my right foot to lunge and also move to the baseline. It's funny though, cause the pain is only at the side of my foot not the whole foot. It's not painful when I walk. But when I pressed on the side, it's like a sore muscle. I doubt there is any muscle at the sides of the outer sole, right?

Name:  foot anatomy.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  9.3 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have done my search on this post because I was searching for this related to this injury.. you have a wonderful instruction and help regarding this injury.. But I will add one thing more I fell every time same pain in my foot.. before, during and after match..?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have your foot X-Rayed at the very least if not the complete 3D scan which picksup everything.
    I just discovered that I have a crack in my ankle with the scan and be requiring surgery with bone marrow transfer.
    And all this time I thought it was from the ankle injury I suffered when rolling it during play,

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. see a doctor
    2. rest (meaning stop playing badminton)
    3. physical therapy (meaning stretching)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear all,

I had a foot injury similar to what was discussed. 2 weeks ago, I must have played too much that evening causing the stress in the foot to occur. I was walking with a limp.The pain occur at the top and bottom of the centre of the foot. No pain occur if I walk slowly but when I tried to walk up and down the steps, walk fast or perform a slow jogging motion, the pain came back. The injury can be most painful when I put my foot down after lifting it. It's not a twisted ankle as there was no big swell round the joint.

What I did to improve the situation was massage the top part of the foot with Deep Heat, move it slowly in a circular motion, stretching exercise by pressing the front foot ( where you can feel the sore) or move the front part of the foot up and down every day. The only exercise I did not do was to put the roller ball underneath the foot as I did not have a roller ball but it will relieve the soreness I am sure.

It's past two weeks now and I am on a gradual stage of recovery. I have played a bit of badminton but always conscious of the foot. I am sure some of you may have the pain lasting for 6 weeks.

The morale of the story is it can heal slowly but one have to:
    Massage the feet regularly
    Do the foot motion exercise/stretching exercise
    Stop badminton for a while
    Rest for a while

Do share the foot pain issue and pass any useful tips that may reduce the pain.

Permanis
    Last edited by permanis; 07-18-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2