Li Ning n50.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Vertix, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Vertix

Vertix Regular Member

Student
    Hi all,

Have heard/seen quite alot of positive reviews on the Li ning N series especially on N50.
    Would very much like to get one but have some queries that I would like to clarify.
    Basically, I'm more interested in playing Singles game and would n50 be therefore unsuitable for me as many tend to classify it as a doubles racket?
    Would need you guys advise on that. Cheers. ​

2. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    Oookay since nobody answered I will leave my comment here.

I personally have most of all rackets of the N series (N90, N70, N50, N50II, N55) and my favorite of all is the N50.

MY opinion:
    The N50 is head heavy. I don't think it's a matter of what you play. I play doubles more than singels but this racket is also well suited for singles. I mean Wang Lin used it ;). I think the N50 is all worth buying it.

Try it!!

btw: my racket range is quite big: Yonex AT-900T, AT-800D, ArcS 10, Ti-10 and the Li-Ning

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Ah I didn't see this thread....well, it really depends on your preferences. The N50 has a BP of 290mm, which is pretty low for a singles racket - but some ppl like that and use something similar in singles (e.g. Nanospeed rackets are pretty popular in one of my clubs). It's pretty much an even balanced racket, so you need proper technique to get power out of it, and good timing. I don't use it in singles, but that's partly due to the high tension which makes it harder to play in singles where I mishit a bit sometimes. There, I use the N50II with lower tension.
    So, if you prefer a bit of head weight, the N50II or N55 will probably suit you better in singles. If you like balanced rackets (Arc10, Arc7, BS09,....) you'll like this as well.