Beginner Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Kami65, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Kami65

Kami65 New Member

I'm about to start playing Badminton at a Academy where I live and I'm not sure what racket to buy. I'm quite skinny too. Do you guys have any recommendations on which racket I should get ? My budget is 100$ until I get better then maybe something a little more expensive.

Thanks ! :)

2. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    don't stress too much about equipment in the beginning. Find whatever you think is a good deal (check out sales or clearance items) and buy it. Your racquet will account for 0.1% of your performance as a beginner badminton player.

3. aCROX999

aCROX999 Regular Member

There's no such rackets for beginners, as well as professional rackets, etc. It's all up to you, how you play, how the racket feels for you, and the budget is important. I won't recommend you to go for 100$ racket, that's pretty expensive and it doesn't worth it if you're just starting out. A 60-80$ racket would be great enough.

But then again, it's up to you.

4. justinpops

justinpops Regular Member

Sales Manager
    Not gonna give advise in a badminton sense. But as a consumer just buy whatever you can afford. The poison on these boards will make you upgrade your equipment so fast. Sooner or later you will definitely buy more "upgrades"

5. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    Hi, I'd just like to add my thoughts as a keen but not very good player, who has started playing again after a 3 year break.

I used to come here a lot and get sucked into the latest Yonex-lust, having a collection of a few Muscle Powers, Nanospeeds, and Armortecs. These were very stiff racquets, ideal for better players who have good technique but perhaps not so forgiving for players of lesser ability, i.e. me :)

When I started playing again recently, I decided to try a more flexible racquet and got a Head Power Helix 5000. It cost me about half of what the others did, and it's my favourite racquet of all! I now have this collection of expensive racquets that I have tried to use again, but I still prefer the Head.

If you're just starting out I suggest go to your local sports store and take a look at a few, and just pick one that feels right for you. Don't buy anything too expensive as you won't know what kind of racquet you prefer till you've played for a while.

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    get a simple flex racket with isometric frame. ;)

7. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    find a racket with more flexible shaft (medium stiff and below), and string it in lower tension (25ibs or below)