User Tag List

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 187 of 968
  1. #171
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,098
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hilarious

    Kenny G: It’s the result of our past system

    Reader: OIC. So we are doing things differently now?

    Kenny G: We now have 3 squads: Elite, Elite Back Up, and Juniors

    Reader: OIC. What was it like last time?

    Kenny G: We had Senior squad, and Back up Squad. Back Up squad we also call juniors. And we have extra junior squad also, those fresh out of the sports school.

    Reader: So u had about 3 squads last time and 3 squads now. Sounds just the same

    Kenny G: Eh c’mon. We changed the name already. So it’s different lah.

    Reader: Why do we separate them by squads? Do the back up only play in back up tournaments? And vice versa?

    Kenny G: No. They are sent to what ever they can qualify for. Most of the elite play in the same with the rest too.

    Reader: This is just a whole load of hogwash isn’t it Kenny?

    Kenny G: I can not tell a lie……

    Reader: yes?....

    Kenny G:…….



    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    www.thestar.com.my
    Wednesday January 12, 2011
    Coaches, players should be open to changes, says BAM GM
    KUALA LUMPUR: The new training and coaching structure is to strengthen Malaysia’s badminton programme for a better future.

    And it is hoped that by putting the system in order, the BAM will be able to create a bigger pool of players.

    The BAM general manager, Kenny Goh (pic), said yesterday that coaches and players should be open to changes for the betterment of the sport.

    “We admit that we are short of talent now. We do not have enough players to win honours in high-level tournaments. But this is the result of our past system and we should not harp on it,” he said.

    “We have already made changes and time must be given for this new system to take root. The BAM coaching and training committee have taken affirmative steps to create a bigger pool of players.

    “Our new chairman, Ng Chin Chai, has put certain things in place. One is the appointment of a high performance director to streamline the programme.

    “The performances of players and coaches are also more measurable now. We will make constant review to ensure its effectiveness.”

    Currently, national training is divided into three sectors. There are coaches for the elite, elite back-up and junior squads. And goals and targets are set for each squad.
    Players in the BAM camp also enjoy better remuneration packages following a recent review in incentives and allowances.
    The result of a redundent system borrowed from I don't know what so-called success model.... if any.

    End of the day... Tournament Player or Training Player.

    Star player, Up & Coming or Sparring Partner.
    Last edited by jug8man; 01-12-2011 at 07:59 AM.

  2. #172
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,035
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As posted in the other thread, BAM President say they reject Misbun's resignation. Tommorrow newspapers another round of hu ha

  3. #173
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It is good for misbun to spit out all his plans so that everyone knows what their duties are. Later, he'll get blamed again for failure. Vultures are ready to pounce.

  4. #174
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please reconsider resignation: BAM

    2011/01/12


    BAM Exco meeting at Juara Stadium today. Photo by Bernama.
    PETALING JAYA: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) wants national singles coach Datuk Misbun Sidek to reconsider his resignation for the interest of the nation, particularly the Road to London 2012 Olympic Programme.
    BAM President Datuk Seri Nadzmi Salleh said he would explain to Misbun the reason behind the changes made in the new training structure implemented by BAM and hoped the later would change his perception towards it.

    "The changes (in training structure) was decided by the BAM council after the Thomas Cup post-mortem last year. It was aimed for the long term development of badminton to enable us to produce more players like Datuk Lee Chong Wei.


    "Any issue that he (Misbun) was not happy with that led to his resignation, BAM is prepared to sit down and discuss," he told reporters after a BAM exco meeting at Stadium Juara, Bukit Kiara here today.

    Misbun tendered his resignation on Dec 31, last year, which happened to be the expiry date of his contract with BAM.

    Misbun was reported to be unhappy with the major changes implemented by BAM in its new training structure.


    Nadzmi said the Road to London programme was very important and the nation had placed high hopes on Chong Wei to win the nation's first gold medal in the Olympics.

    "Chong Wei needs Misbun and I've read in the media that Chong Wei will follow Misbun's footsteps. I urge both to reconsider their actions for the sake of the nation," he said.

    Asked if BAM would fulfill any demands made by Misbun as a condition for him to continue, Nadzmi said such matters would be considered after receiving feedback from Misbun.


    Nadzmi added that the coaching restructure in coaching had been agreed upon by a majority of BAM coaches.

    "This is the decision of the majority. To me whether Misbun accepts it or not, is not the issue here. What is important is to think of the country," he said.
    -- BERNAMA



    Read more: Please reconsider resignation: BAM http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/B...#ixzz1ApYg8eDt

  5. #175
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I prefer him to quit to provide competition to BAM. More options for players also.

  6. #176
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,771
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow It's for BAM only that Misbun Sidek should stay

    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    I prefer him to quit to provide competition to BAM. More options for players also.
    .
    I am thinking the same too.

    BAM members and Malaysian politicians continue to remind everyone that it's for the interest of the nation that Misbun Sidek should reconsider his resignation.

    IMHO, it's only for BAM's sake that Misbun Sidek should stay, because some think that BAM is the only body who can do the job for Malaysia.

    However I say, if Misbun Sidek goes independent, it would provide more options where Malaysian players can be coached/trained. It cannot be said that only a government institution/association can promote Badminton.

    Therefore, it's time for Misbun Sidek to work for Malaysian Badminton without BAM.

    It's not only for BAM, I think it's time for Badminton to flourish worldwide without depending on National Associations in every country. Hope that BWF is reading this.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-12-2011 at 09:52 PM.

  7. #177
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    I am thinking the same too.

    BAM members and Malaysian politicians continue to remind everyone that it's for the interest of the nation that Misbun Sidek should reconsider his resignation.

    IMHO, it's only for BAM's sake that Misbun Sidek should stay, because some think that BAM is the only body who can do the job for Malaysia.

    However I say, if Misbun Sidek goes independent, it would provide more options where Malaysian players can be coached/trained. It cannot be said that only a government institution can promote Badminton.

    Therefore, it's time for Misbun Sidek to work for Malaysian Badminton without BAM.

    It's not only for BAM, I think it's time for Badminton to flourish worldwide without depending on National Associations. Hope that BWF is reading this.
    .
    ***IMHO, it's only for BAM's sake that Misbun Sidek should stay, because some think that BAM is the only body who can do the job for Malaysia.***

    Couldn't agree more... its all for BAM!

    Msia badminton can live without BAM but BAM cannot survive without Badminton!

  8. #178
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,771
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Players should be able to participate without National Associations controlling them

    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Msia badminton can live without BAM but BAM cannot survive without Badminton!
    .
    Agree. BAM was formed to promote Badminton in Malaysia. It was formed decades ago when sports were not commercialised.

    Today, we find many private companies wishing to commercialise Badminton. Personally, I wish that Badminton can follow Tennis; where most players and coaches are independent.

    Having made the above comments, we still need National Associations to organise their players when we have inter-nations events such as the Thomas Cup, Uber Cup, Sudirman Cup, etc...

    But for individual events such as the World Championships, SS tournaments, other individual National Opens, etc..., players should still be able to participate without National Associations entering their players.
    .

  9. #179
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    Hilarious

    Kenny G: It’s the result of our past system

    Reader: OIC. So we are doing things differently now?

    Kenny G: We now have 3 squads: Elite, Elite Back Up, and Juniors

    Reader: OIC. What was it like last time?

    Kenny G: We had Senior squad, and Back up Squad. Back Up squad we also call juniors. And we have extra junior squad also, those fresh out of the sports school.

    Reader: So u had about 3 squads last time and 3 squads now. Sounds just the same

    Kenny G: Eh c’mon. We changed the name already. So it’s different lah.

    Reader: Why do we separate them by squads? Do the back up only play in back up tournaments? And vice versa?

    Kenny G: No. They are sent to what ever they can qualify for. Most of the elite play in the same with the rest too.

    Reader: This is just a whole load of hogwash isn’t it Kenny?

    Kenny G: I can not tell a lie……

    Reader: yes?....

    Kenny G:…….





    The result of a redundent system borrowed from I don't know what so-called success model.... if any.

    End of the day... Tournament Player or Training Player.

    Star player, Up & Coming or Sparring Partner.
    I cant really understand the thinking :
    1) MS apparently basically wants talented players to move up faster thru the ranks, express if necessary especially his son so
    that they can get a chance to spar with LCW and improve by leaps and bounds like the Thai players.

    2) Committee thinks that a cohort of players should stick together and not break ranks, they think that in the future when there is no LCW the team will stick together with depth and breadth.They seem to think that if the backup team is broken up now there may be reliance on only 1-2 players in future . Perhaps they are no longer interested in producing SS kings but rather a team that works together to win individual titles or team events, not outstanding individuals a cut above the rest. Or is it because the committee thinks MS can produce good results with LCW but not the juniors.
    I think no.2 is harder to understand .

    MS 's decision not to coach anymore may give LCW no choice but to stay with BAM.
    Last edited by Bbn; 01-12-2011 at 10:26 PM.

  10. #180
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,771
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up For the Olympic Games, we need National Associations to play their part

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Having made the above comments, we still need National Associations to organise their players when we have inter-nations events such as the Thomas Cup, Uber Cup, Sudirman Cup, etc...
    .
    Mails were received that I have forgotten about the Olympic Games.

    I am sorry to have left out this event out.

    Yes, for the Olympic Games, we still need National Associations to coordinate/select who their players are to participate.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-12-2011 at 10:30 PM.

  11. #181
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Misbun has told the world that after he quits it will be for good and he will no longer be coaching anymore. Now this is man very hurt by his own perceptions of injustice and has accordingly reacted in an instinctive way. But his word about giving up coaching forever is not in either the national or LCW or anybody's interest.
    Now let us see if he is man enough to do what a real man has to do for the national interest.

  12. #182
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,771
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Misbun has told the world that after he quits it will be for good

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Misbun has told the world that after he quits it will be for good and he will no longer be coaching anymore. Now this is man very hurt by his own perceptions of injustice and has accordingly reacted in an instinctive way. But his word about giving up coaching forever is not in either the national or LCW or anybody's interest.

    Now let us see if he is man enough to do what a real man has to do for the national interest.
    .
    I haven't heard of this news before; that "Misbun has told the world that after he quits it will be for good".

    Could you give us the source of your info?
    .

  13. #183
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,771
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow I’ll quit coaching altogether if I can no longer contribute

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I haven't heard of this news before; that "Misbun has told the world that after he quits it will be for good".

    Could you give us the source of your info?
    .
    Just found this article; Misbun: I’ll quit coaching altogether if I can no longer contribute

    Thursday January 13, 2011

    ULU KLANG: A lack of sleep showed on the face of the worn-out 51-year-old Misbun Sidek yesterday but not the fire and passion when he responded to the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) request for him to re-consider his quit decision.

    An emotional Misbun said that he was willing to meet up with BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh but hoped all that the grouses he shared in the past would not be brushed aside.

    And, in a choked voice, he said that he was ready to give up coaching altogether if what he had raised in his five-page letter to and discussion with Nadzmi falls on deaf ears again.

    Misbun said that his resignation on Dec 31 was not done for personal gain or interest.

    “I did it for the country.

    “I felt that it was the best decision after my genuine request to raise the standard of the game was turned down. I could not go on when I know that it was the best way to do it,” said Misbun.

    “Now, the BAM want me to re-consider my decision.

    “I will go and see the president. I will not make any decision until I hear what he has to say.”
    Misbun was hurt because he felt misunderstood and belittled.

    “What I asked for my programme as a coach was not for personal gain.

    “It has nothing to do with what I can get out of it.

    “I am a coach and what I do is for the players – especially in preparation for the Olympic Games,” he said.

    “I was not thinking of big plans outside when I leave BAM. In fact, I have decided not to coach anymore if I no longer can contribute and given that complete trust to prepare players like Chong Wei for the Olympic Games.

    “Enough of coaching if I am not seen as a credible coach ... I did what I did because it was about a coach’s instinct and his feeling.

    “And mostly, because I put the interests of the nation first.”

    Asked why he wanted his son Ramdan to be under his care although the structure clearly places the shuttler under the charge of back-up coach Hendrawan, Misbun paused to gather his thoughts.

    Then, he replied: “There are times when you see someone and you know that he can make it big. And sometimes, some of these youngsters fit into your big plan. It has to do with the feel of a coach. It may be difficult for some to understand.

    “It is my job to prepare the players. I want Chong Wei to win. But when things go wrong, the coach gets the blame. Does anyone see the ground work?”

    Misbun said that he appreciates Chong Wei’s loyalty.

    “I did not influence him in any way (on Chong Wei’s decision to follow his coach) but he took the trouble to understand what a coach goes through. He appreciates the little things I did for him,” said Misbun.

    Asked if he would turn up to support Chong Wei at next week’s Malaysia Open even if a decision has not been made, Misbun said: “Of course, I will be there to support him.”

    Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...943&sec=sports

    But it's only when Misbun thinks that he is no longer able to contribute to Malaysian Badminton.

    IMHO, Misbun can contribute to Badminton in Malaysia whether he is with or without BAM.
    .

  14. #184
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Just found this article; Misbun: I’ll quit coaching altogether if I can no longer contribute

    Thursday January 13, 2011

    ULU KLANG: A lack of sleep showed on the face of the worn-out 51-year-old Misbun Sidek yesterday but not the fire and passion when he responded to the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) request for him to re-consider his quit decision.

    An emotional Misbun said that he was willing to meet up with BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh but hoped all that the grouses he shared in the past would not be brushed aside.

    And, in a choked voice, he said that he was ready to give up coaching altogether if what he had raised in his five-page letter to and discussion with Nadzmi falls on deaf ears again.

    Misbun said that his resignation on Dec 31 was not done for personal gain or interest.

    “I did it for the country.

    “I felt that it was the best decision after my genuine request to raise the standard of the game was turned down. I could not go on when I know that it was the best way to do it,” said Misbun.

    “Now, the BAM want me to re-consider my decision.

    “I will go and see the president. I will not make any decision until I hear what he has to say.”
    Misbun was hurt because he felt misunderstood and belittled.

    “What I asked for my programme as a coach was not for personal gain.

    “It has nothing to do with what I can get out of it.

    “I am a coach and what I do is for the players – especially in preparation for the Olympic Games,” he said.

    “I was not thinking of big plans outside when I leave BAM. In fact, I have decided not to coach anymore if I no longer can contribute and given that complete trust to prepare players like Chong Wei for the Olympic Games.

    “Enough of coaching if I am not seen as a credible coach ... I did what I did because it was about a coach’s instinct and his feeling.

    “And mostly, because I put the interests of the nation first.”

    Asked why he wanted his son Ramdan to be under his care although the structure clearly places the shuttler under the charge of back-up coach Hendrawan, Misbun paused to gather his thoughts.

    Then, he replied: “There are times when you see someone and you know that he can make it big. And sometimes, some of these youngsters fit into your big plan. It has to do with the feel of a coach. It may be difficult for some to understand.

    “It is my job to prepare the players. I want Chong Wei to win. But when things go wrong, the coach gets the blame. Does anyone see the ground work?”

    Misbun said that he appreciates Chong Wei’s loyalty.

    “I did not influence him in any way (on Chong Wei’s decision to follow his coach) but he took the trouble to understand what a coach goes through. He appreciates the little things I did for him,” said Misbun.

    Asked if he would turn up to support Chong Wei at next week’s Malaysia Open even if a decision has not been made, Misbun said: “Of course, I will be there to support him.”

    Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...943&sec=sports

    But it's only when Misbun thinks that he is no longer able to contribute to Malaysian Badminton.

    IMHO, Misbun can contribute to Badminton in Malaysia whether he is with or without BAM.
    .
    I think Misbun did say he has no plans to set up any outfit on his own or with LCW so it looks like permanent self-imposed exile.
    But this is Misbun talk and he will be back coaching one way or another but if not with BAM or LCW then any contributions will be puny given his lack of management.

  15. #185
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,771
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Misbun loves Badminton too much to leave the sport

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I think Misbun did say he has no plans to set up any outfit on his own or with LCW so it looks like permanent self-imposed exile.

    But this is Misbun talk and he will be back coaching one way or another but if not with BAM or LCW then any contributions will be puny given his lack of management.
    .
    I think not.

    Misbun loves Badminton too much to leave the sport.

    I don't think Misbun would leave Badminton just because BAM wants to have sole control of Malaysian Badminton.
    .

  16. #186
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it is a bit far-fetched to say that BAM wants to have sole control of Malaysian badminton. It has no legal power to do this. There are perhaps a few hundred thousand badminton players in badminton who have no business with BAM and they go and play their own way.

  17. #187
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,771
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up We still need National Associations to organise players for inter-nations events

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I think not.

    Misbun loves Badminton too much to leave the sport.

    I don't think Misbun would leave Badminton just because BAM wants to have sole control of Malaysian Badminton.
    .
    Gosh, I have been hammered by many people telling me (via emails) to let our National Associations to run our sports.

    I wish to repeat my comment;

    We still need National Associations to organise players when we have inter-nations events such as the Thomas Cup, Uber Cup, Sudirman Cup, Olympic Games etc...

    Outside these events, let us not depend on National Associations.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-13-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Misbun Sidek, a great player?
    By sonnymak in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 106
    : 04-05-2012, 01:05 AM
  2. Misbun Sidek's club
    By B3nny H4nn4 in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 404
    : 12-22-2011, 09:22 AM
  3. Misbun Sidek Sickness...
    By izzudin in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 13
    : 01-01-2009, 09:17 AM
  4. misbun sidek-help!!!
    By Anil Kishore in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 33
    : 09-23-2008, 11:14 PM
  5. New Misbun Sidek racquet
    By marshall in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 16
    : 10-27-2002, 06:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •