User Tag List

Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 443 to 459 of 968
  1. #443
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    It's not only that this BAM's request that Misbun has to consider. Misbun's wife is quite ill; and Misbun needs time for his family as well.

    Let's not rush Misbun too much.

    Not many BCers and BAM members understand how tough Misbun is going through in his patch of difficulties currently.

    If I were Misbun, I would take my time to decide. BAM and the rest of the world can wait.
    .
    Meanwhile LCW will have to learn to be patient and wait...wait...wait.................??????

  2. #444
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    It's not only that this BAM's request that Misbun has to consider. Misbun's wife is quite ill; and Misbun needs time for his family as well.

    Let's not rush Misbun too much.

    Not many BCers and BAM members understand how tough Misbun is going through in his patch of difficulties currently.

    If I were Misbun, I would take my time to decide. BAM and the rest of the world can wait.
    .
    Yes, chris what you said is true

    He needs time for his family as well and no way he is going to come back with the same condition.

    Poor performance director still thinks misbun is easy to handle,

    With some minor adjustment can bring him back..lol

    What misbun is doing now is probably best for the nation

    Only when the sea is calm, one can see the horizon

    So it's no point going against the waves



    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Meanwhile LCW will have to learn to be patient and wait...wait...wait.................??????
    He wasn't patient enough during the Korea open

    So misbun is giving him the last dose

    Seriously, they are in contact by phone everyday

    Tsb reports to misbun and I think they are working fine together

  3. #445
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,849
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Meanwhile LCW will have to learn to be patient and wait......

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    .wait...wait.................??????
    .
    LCW and Misbun contact each other almost everyday.
    .

  4. #446
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,333
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, Misbun working for free?

    BAM sending CTC messengers to negotiate with Misbun?

    My guess is a bomb will be dropped after AE and BAM will never be the same again.

  5. #447
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,849
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow BAM is interested in 'National Interest'

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Wow, Misbun working for free?

    BAM sending CTC messengers to negotiate with Misbun?

    My guess is a bomb will be dropped after AE and BAM will never be the same again.
    .
    I don't think that LCW and Misbun think much about money, as compared to their love for Badminton and their inter-personal relationship.

    But, I know that BAM is interested in 'National Interest'.

    To me, 'National Interest' is a political term used to distract players/coaches who love Badminton for Badminton's sake.
    .

  6. #448
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    I don't think that LCW and Misbun think much about money, as compared to their love for Badminton and their inter-personal relationship.

    But, I know that BAM is interested in 'National Interest'.

    To me, 'National Interest' is a political term used to distract players/coaches who love Badminton for Badminton's sake.
    .
    Right, money isn't everything for them especially misbun,

    2 years of coaching against 8 years and both end up with the same amount of money

    And he prefer the 8 years

    How many of you here would go for the 8 years?

  7. #449
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    LCW and Misbun contact each other almost everyday.
    .
    I know what you mean but this is totally different from being physically there with your charge and giving him the confidence and the necessary tips on the spot. Compare this to phone calls and you can see the great disparity!

    I would assume MS won't be with LCW at the forthcoming AE and if he meets LD again ..........????????

  8. #450
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,849
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow 2011 All England: Misbun won't be going with LCW

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    I know what you mean but this is totally different from being physically there with your charge and giving him the confidence and the necessary tips on the spot. Compare this to phone calls and you can see the great disparity!

    I would assume MS won't be with LCW at the forthcoming AE and if he meets LD again ..........????????
    .
    You are correct; Misbun won't be going with LCW to the 2011 All England.
    .

  9. #451
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    You are correct; Misbun won't be going with LCW to the 2011 All England.
    .
    I wonder whether LD will be there too. But since he is now playing the German Open, it would probably be for warming up to his main target - the AE.

    If LCW should meet up with LD again, on paper LCW will be at a disadvantage since his mentor MS will be missing, albeit phone contacts will again be aplenty, although as I've said, they will be less effective. But I don't think LD's sifu Tang XH will be there either.

    And LCW is defending his AE crown too, right?
    Last edited by Loh; 03-03-2011 at 10:51 PM.

  10. #452
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,849
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question 2011 All England: I wonder whether Lin Dan will be there too......

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    I wonder whether LD will be there too. But since he is now playing the German Open, it would probably be for warming up to his main target - the AE.

    If LCW should meet up with LD again, on paper LCW will be at a disadvantage since his mentor MS will be missing, albeit phone contacts will again be aplenty, although as I've said, they will be less effective. But I don't think LD's sifu Tang XH will be there either.

    And LCW is defending his AE crown too, right?
    .
    Yes, both of them, Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei, will be participating at the 2011 All England Championships.

    Let's hope that they will get to face each other again.
    .

  11. #453
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,849
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs down Please don't tell me all other players would be punished by BAM (in this KPI method)

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    For back-up players to reach at least two quarter-finals out of the five they compete in; I think this is too ambitious (knowing their current standards, IMHO). Probably, many would fail.

    Similarly, for CTC to use the KPI to measure the performance of the coaches (based on the results of the back-up players), I believe many coaches would fail too.

    For the elite shuttlers to play in 14 tournaments this year (2011), I think it's too many. Too hectic a schedule. Expecting injuries would set in.

    When Chin Chai said that players can be stopped from going to tournaments if they suffered a drop in form or do not show commitment in training, I guess many players wouldl be left out from many tournaments.

    Overall, I guess that many players (other than LCW) won't get a chance to play in the many tournaments as planned. Why? Because currently, many players are finding it difficult to reach the quarter-finals (therefore, they would fail in their KPI results).
    .
    And so I shall come back to this topic - 'BAM to implement KPI for coaches and shuttlers'.

    At the 2011 German GPG (held this week), only KKK/TBH and WMC managed to reach the quarter-finals.

    Please don't tell me that all other players would be punished by BAM (in this KPI method), although I know it's only 1 out of 1 tournament thus far.

    .

  12. #454
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, the German Open has just concluded and LD beat compatriot CJ convincely to snatch the MS title.

    LD seems to be in great form and condition to do battle in this week's AE and if he is seeded #2, he is slated to meet LCW, the reigning AE Champion.

    Let's hope that with a week's rest since he did not play in the GO, LCW will also be in good condition to face LD in the final, unless either of them is knocked out beforehand.

    If LCW can slay all opponents including LD and win the AE crown again, he is sending a strong signal to MS that he can be on his own and MS can take all his time deciding whether to return to the BAM fold. Then both MS and LCW will have no further pressure on the subject and the latter can concentrate on preparing intensively for London Olympics 2012.

    You can do it LCW!

  13. #455
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,849
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow BAM is still making LCW feeling the pressure (to defend the AE title)

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Well, the German Open has just concluded and LD beat compatriot CJ convincely to snatch the MS title.

    LD seems to be in great form and condition to do battle in this week's AE and if he is seeded #2, he is slated to meet LCW, the reigning AE Champion.

    Let's hope that with a week's rest since he did not play in the GO, LCW will also be in good condition to face LD in the final, unless either of them is knocked out beforehand.

    If LCW can slay all opponents including LD and win the AE crown again, he is sending a strong signal to MS that he can be on his own and MS can take all his time deciding whether to return to the BAM fold. Then both MS and LCW will have no further pressure on the subject and the latter can concentrate on preparing intensively for London Olympics 2012.

    You can do it LCW!
    .
    IMHO, BAM is still making LCW feeling the pressure (to defend the AE title).

    About Misbun, he just wants to help LCW (via phone this time) to win again.

    As many BCers have noticed; Misbun never puts on any pressure on LCW.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 03-06-2011 at 09:27 PM.

  14. #456
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    IMHO, BAM is still making LCW feeling the pressure (to defend the AE title).

    About Misbun, he just wants to help LCW (via phone this time) to win again.

    As many BCers have noticed; Misbun never puts on any pressure on LCW.
    .
    Maybe by not showing up and be on the spot to help LCW, MS is trying to avoid the pressure building up on him. If he has accepted BAM terms he would be hard pressed to produce results, ie, to ensure LCW wins the first Olympic gold for MAS.

    How can MS help LCW effectively with phone calls? Are you serious? Can MS watch LCW live in action? Even if he could, can he phone LCW during the intervals to advise him? If not, what sort of impact can MS' calls have on LCW? Before and after the match, pre- and post-match analysis but not during the match?

    On the other hand, LCW has expected and accepted the BAM pressure. I think he is trying hard to internalize all the expectations and be on his own to face the pressure without MS. Certainly a professional psychologist can help him diffuse the pressures and condition himself for the final goal - the Olympic gold and not the AE.

  15. #457
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,849
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question How can MS help LCW effectively with phone calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Maybe by not showing up and be on the spot to help LCW, MS is trying to avoid the pressure building up on him. If he has accepted BAM terms he would be hard pressed to produce results, ie, to ensure LCW wins the first Olympic gold for MAS.

    How can MS help LCW effectively with phone calls? Are you serious? Can MS watch LCW live in action? Even if he could, can he phone LCW during the intervals to advise him? If not, what sort of impact can MS' calls have on LCW? Before and after the match, pre- and post-match analysis but not during the match?

    On the other hand, LCW has expected and accepted the BAM pressure. I think he is trying hard to internalize all the expectations and be on his own to face the pressure without MS. Certainly a professional psychologist can help him diffuse the pressures and condition himself for the final goal - the Olympic gold and not the AE.
    .
    A simple suggestion from Misbun to Lee Chong Wei could be;

    For today's match, (recently) Lin Dan has shown that he has not been performing well at Netplay. Therefore, play more Netplay rallies with him.
    .

  16. #458
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    A simple suggestion from Misbun to Lee Chong Wei could be;

    For today's match, (recently) Lin Dan has shown that he has not been performing well at Netplay. Therefore, play more Netplay rallies with him.
    .
    That's a good one, hahaha!

    What happens if LD outguns him on the day at the net????????

  17. #459
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,849
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Tactics is a plan of action for a match

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    That's a good one, hahaha!

    What happens if LD outguns him on the day at the net????????
    .
    Then LD would win.

    Tactics is a plan of action for a match. It is not a guarantee to win.
    .

Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Misbun Sidek, a great player?
    By sonnymak in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 106
    : 04-05-2012, 02:05 AM
  2. Misbun Sidek's club
    By B3nny H4nn4 in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 404
    : 12-22-2011, 10:22 AM
  3. Misbun Sidek Sickness...
    By izzudin in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 13
    : 01-01-2009, 10:17 AM
  4. misbun sidek-help!!!
    By Anil Kishore in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 33
    : 09-24-2008, 12:14 AM
  5. New Misbun Sidek racquet
    By marshall in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 16
    : 10-27-2002, 07:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •