User Tag List

Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, paper said LCW still need MS, but then in thestar, it stated “If Misbun comes back, it is certainly good news for me. But if he doesn’t, I’m okay with it,” said Chong Wei, who has held the world No. 1 ranking since the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

Which is which?

Till now, da man(misbun sidek) has yet to sound out anything yet...
    Perhaps he needs more time to take care of his ill wife...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With or without coach Misbun, LCW's main focus is WC2011 and OG2012... ultimately, OG2012 will be his last chance to win the first GOLD for Malaysia... We (outsider) don't know if coach TehSB's coaching style more suitable for LCW so we can only hope for the best outcome in OG2012... BOLEH?

Life goes on, doesn't it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post

If MS is really interested in LCW's welfare he should make a definite decision without any further delay to allow LCW to go about his business of becoming the Olympic Champion.
    Misbun is interested in LCW's welfare but politics is not as simple as that. With the Sports Minister's intervention, if say no, cannot. If say yes, also cannot as some of the BAM committee will make life difficult for Misbun.

Remember Misbun sat in coaches chair during MO 2011 at LCW's request?
    Anyway, Tey SB seems to follow closely to Misbun's prog(so he says) * has great respect for Misbun, I guess he would carry on guiding LCW according to Misbun's style.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 03-17-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi eaglehelang, Are you following the 2011 Swiss Open?

You may be pleased to know that Ong Jien Guo/Chong Sook Chin (MAS) have just defeated Chris Adcock/Imogen Bankier (SCO/ENG) 22-20, 21-14 in 32 minutes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong thread lah chris, this one abt Misbun, hahaaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Hi eaglehelang, Are you following the 2011 Swiss Open?

You may be pleased to know that Ong Jien Guo/Chong Sook Chin (MAS) have just defeated Chris Adcock/Imogen Bankier (SCO/ENG) 22-20, 21-14 in 32 minutes.
    Hi Chris, thanks for the update..as i wasnt following the Swiss Open at all..just found out by google the koreans grab the top places..wah, they seem to be getting stronger in each passing tournament..anyway, congrats to their formidable team.

Just happened to be searching about Misbun's departure and i found this thread...man, is it long or what? I just read the first and last page tho....

Sad it shld turn out like that...but still glad that Chong Wei managed to clinched the All England...pheee-uh!! it was so tense to just sit and watch it on TV!...personally, i really hope LCW will just win everything this year...hehe...and yes, also beat Lin Dan, his good ol nemesis, flat in all future encounters. (Sry China people and fans...no offense here k?)

I think LCW has somewhat mature more in character with Misbun's leaving...glad the turmoil made him a better player and not otherwise. Hope Misbun will still be a coach and a loyal supporter of LCW behind the scenes tho....

With warm regards from Malaysia.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Misbun is interested in LCW's welfare but politics is not as simple as that. With the Sports Minister's intervention, if say no, cannot. If say yes, also cannot as some of the BAM committee will make life difficult for Misbun.
    Remember Misbun sat in coaches chair during MO 2011 at LCW's request?
    Anyway, Tey SB seems to follow closely to Misbun's prog(so he says) * has great respect for Misbun, I guess he would carry on guiding LCW according to Misbun's style.
    Frankly, I don't see how BAM committee can make life difficult for MS without damaging themselves since MS has now got the backing at the highest level.

If MS manages to help LCW win the Olympic gold, BAM will share part of the credit by leaving MS to his own devices. This must certainly be of utmost importance to the country. Remember, PM Najib personally telephoned LCW to congratulate him for retaining the AE crown and it implies that if LCW is assisted by MS to do better, woe betide those who dare to mess up the arrangement that can detract from the main goal.

If BAM should interfere further, MS will have strong grounds to put them in their right places. If I were BAM, I should stay by the sidelines and offer whatever assistance that MS may require.

So what more is MS asking?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly, I don't see how BAM committee can make life difficult for MS without damaging themselves since MS has now got the backing at the highest level.

If MS manages to help LCW win the Olympic gold, BAM will share part of the credit by leaving MS to his own devices. This must certainly be of utmost importance to the country. Remember, PM Najib personally telephoned LCW to congratulate him for retaining the AE crown and it implies that if LCW is assisted by MS to do better, woe betide those who dare to mess up the arrangement that can detract from the main goal.
    In 2010, when LCW won the AE, he also had lunch/dinner with the PM & wife right after he came back from England. Did it stop some of the CTC members? None at all. Misbun still had to take the heat.
    Perhaps Misbun is saying enough is enough with all the years of putting up with the politicians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If BAM should interfere further, MS will have strong grounds to put them in their right places. If I were BAM, I should stay by the sidelines and offer whatever assistance that MS may require.

He just want peace so lcw can concentrate on his winnings

He has said enough in his 5 pages email so why is bam still waiting for his proposal?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    In 2010, when LCW won the AE, he also had lunch/dinner with the PM & wife right after he came back from England. Did it stop some of the CTC members? None at all. Misbun still had to take the heat.
    Perhaps Misbun is saying enough is enough with all the years of putting up with the politicians.
    I feel it is different now. The AE is history. The big one is the Olympic gold medal, the glory that will bring happiness and pride to MAS and further gell its people. The PM made it a point to call to encourage LCW to do better and the target is London Olympics 2012 where MS is expected to do his part without further interference.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Misbun is expected to do his part without further interference

I feel it is different now. The AE is history. The big one is the Olympic gold medal, the glory that will bring happiness and pride to MAS and further gell its people. The PM made it a point to call to encourage LCW to do better and the target is London Olympics 2012 where MS is expected to do his part without further interference.
    I do not know about this for sure; I think LCW is still consulting Misbun behind the back of BAM.

Misbun was at Birmingham with LCW (although not at courtside) when LCW won the 2011 All England, wasn't Misbun?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I do not know about this for sure; I think LCW is still consulting Misbun behind the back of BAM.

Misbun was at Birmingham with LCW (although not at courtside) when LCW won the 2011 All England, wasn't Misbun?
    Don't think so but there were some communications over the mobile phone.... BOLEH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow BAM Must Resolve Misbun Issue Quickly

Malaysian Youth and Sports Minister says "In training, if Misbun is an important factor to help Chong Wei ......, we cannot sideline Misbun".

Full article: http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/ne....php?id=573552

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uncle loh
    honestly,do u think misbun is bargaining with bam/ctc from the beginning?
    why hold someone who dont want to stay?
    for now,misbun had submitted resign EMAIL
    stop earning bam salary
    why bam dont want to approve at 1st?
    bam still try to lure him back because they scare that it have negative affect on lcw and they have no more politic cake to share(during mo to ko)
    now(after ae),i think bam should stop the drama by simply approve the resign
    is that difficult?
    what u can do to make someone who submitted resign email to back to work?
    sue him to court?(not badminton court ah,lol)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    uncle loh
    honestly,do u think misbun is bargaining with bam/ctc from the beginning?
    why hold someone who dont want to stay?
    for now,misbun had submitted resign EMAIL
    stop earning bam salary
    why bam dont want to approve at 1st?
    bam still try to lure him back because they scare that it have negative affect on lcw and they have no more politic cake to share(during mo to ko)
    now(after ae),i think bam should stop the drama by simply approve the resign
    is that difficult?
    what u can do to make someone who submitted resign email to back to work?
    sue him to court?(not badminton court ah,lol)
    I agree with you, but there were suggestions that BAM will make it difficult for MS if he returns officially to coach LCW.

I haven't read MS's resignation letter, but if he indeed has no desire to work for BAM then the matter is closed. BAM should not prolong the drama any longer. They should not hold on to MS and hope for the better. But the impression given so far is that MS may consider BAM's offer after the big boss has talked to him. That's what has caused the "suspense".

If as you have reiterated, MS has officially stated that he is not interested in BAM's offer any more, BAM is placed in an awkward position. Should BAM allow MS to continue to "coach" unofficially off-court as MS seems to be doing recently? Would it be considered an "interference" in BAM's coaching set-up when TSB is the official coach but is 'obligated' to accommodate MS.

Even worse if BAM should hire a new coach to train LCW, will the new coach be prepared to submit to MS in the way that TSB is now doing?

Can MS really play an effective role by resigning if a new coach is engaged? Can BAM stop MS from what he is doing right now?

What implications will all these have on LCW?
    Last edited by Loh; 03-24-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

April 1st will be the date.. There will be another meeting again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow April 1st will be the date

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    April 1st will be the date.. There will be another meeting again.
    That's in exactly 7 days' time. Hope that there won't be April Fools spoiling the meeting.

Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast