User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malaysianfreak View Post
    hi all! i learned the correct way to grip the racket about 4 months ago...and during the holidays ( oct - nov )i played 3-4 times a week...and in result my finger seem to had a bump (at the ring and index finger ) it don't hurt but is irritating ...and around the nail of my the ring and index finger will seem to hurt ( like getting squzzed too long) ...why does this happen?
    I do wonder how correct is correct of your racket gripping. I mean, I thought I had the correct grip for the last 20 years, but hey, I was totally wrong. The difference of my gripping method of 20 years and the present one is so marginal. And my game has since been improving after the changed (of gripping) with no bump or pain at my fingers and no tiring of palm and arm. Best of all, u can feel the power when hitting a shot + accuracy + comfortable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just changed my grip again now only small small bump ..duno why still got but i think it's fine...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malaysianfreak View Post
    i changed =D finally ..and yea flash cant quite understand about the grip method...mind explaining again?
    Haha sorry, really late. Well what i do is hold the racket (at the bottom) with my pinky and ring finger. I use the rest for support.
    When i clear/smash/maybe drops, i losen up my grip a bit and on contact, grip hard so finger strength is applied. For drives and net play i just grip onto my racket, no loosening.
    Another thing is for me, i only hold my racket at the bottom like lin dan no matter what shot i play so the force applied is at max.
    Hope you get what im saying... haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh...so holding the racket only with the pinky and the ring finger? this helps maximising power eh? so gotta try it out!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If still got problem,ask someone to take a picture of u gripping your racket. post it here the pic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nono me grip is ok ....only me wan to kno how to use the pinky grip =D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Transfer of energy from fingers to the racquet with minimium wrist action.

About one month ago, I've made a purchased of a heavy racquet for training purposes. An Apacs Training W140.
    At first, the thought of training with a heavy racquet would help to develop strength and hence, plays better. After using it for few times to play and train, I stopped using it because I just do not like it as it was too heavy. I gave up the idea of training for strength.
    Recently, I took it out again after few weeks. As usual, I'd do some strokes with it. Now that my racquet handling skills have improved a bit, I can feel the racquet better. Instead of swinging W140 with the usual way I did with my lighter racquet, I used the weight of the heavy racquet to swing fast while pivoting with my thumb and fingers (Index and middle). It occurred to me that a heavy racquet actually helped me gained a better understanding of how the speed can be generated from my wrist to fingers and then to the racquet.
    I think you might want to try get a heavy racquet to get the feel of the transferring of energy. I feel like using only the thumb and fingers to hold the racquet for action because of its weight. I think it might be the same for you. My grip is now very relaxed and I feel more confident in court. Go try it! Let me know what you think!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have some what of a similar problem but mine is sometimes my index finger digs into my thumb and i end up having a gouge there and bleeding so i wonder if its my grip or just really sharp nails?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just your nails. i tend to do that especially if i forget to cut them after a week or so. you can either trim them often (i put one nail clipper in my baddy bag) or put tape around your index finger.

i prefer the former rather than the latter as i lose feedback if i tape my fingers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    just your nails. i tend to do that especially if i forget to cut them after a week or so. you can either trim them often (i put one nail clipper in my baddy bag) or put tape around your index finger.

i prefer the former rather than the latter as i lose feedback if i tape my fingers
    i put a ring round my thumb cos it feels better, tho my nails are really short, but i do bite them
    which causes them to have little sharp bits. like a cerated knife.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stop biting then! you wear a thumb right for baddy? each to his own then ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3