User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

comfortably, side line can be as little as 1 foot from the next court. or 2 feet from the wall.

for back wall, it is not uncommon to see 1 meter and that to me is enough.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can be dangerous if the sideline or back line is close to the wall especially if the wall is either made of brick or concrete. Recently in Hong Kong a tennis player died crashing his head into a concrete side wall in a desperate lunge to retrieve a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wirre View Post
    I guess none of your regular gym or school/community boards could care less about this since they aren't expecting to have a SS, WC/EC/AG or Olympics in their place. They are simply not going to rebuild any facility to comply with BWF rules.
    I didn't mean 'it should be pretty standard... in all halls' I meant 'pretty standard in the handbook and not place out of the way in an appendix. I even stated that costs of the venue is the most important thing to small clubs and getting used to a small gap between court and wall would be in their intrest to save money.
    As far as the 100 games to 2 points on a tennis court, I know you were making a drastic point, but National and County tournaments in England need to fit certain rules to be insured and this all falls into the health and safety culture that we seem to be in over here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy05 View Post
    I didn't mean 'it should be pretty standard... in all halls' I meant 'pretty standard in the handbook and not place out of the way in an appendix. I even stated that costs of the venue is the most important thing to small clubs and getting used to a small gap between court and wall would be in their intrest to save money.
    As far as the 100 games to 2 points on a tennis court, I know you were making a drastic point, but National and County tournaments in England need to fit certain rules to be insured and this all falls into the health and safety culture that we seem to be in over here.
    I know what you meant and I stand by that regulation about ceiling height is perfectly placed in the appendix since it isn't relevant to the definition of the game.

Yes indeed, in Sweden we also need to follow health and safety regulations set by authorities more so than any BWF rules. That was exactly my point with my exaggerated example.

The important thing is that the OP and everyone else doesn't think that any BWF "rule" is going to help in this matter. Use common sense and don't play when you think it is unsafe.

/mats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2