Need a grip for my hands

Discussion in 'Grip' started by JukUx, Jan 10, 2011.

1. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Okay, I used a teal/purple yonex supergrap or whatever, it was my preferred grip. however, i haven't used it in a while because my NS9900 came with a really thick and comfortable karakal grip.

Here is the issue. I bought an Ultra pro and gripped it with Yonex Super grap and right now its KILLING my hand. I can provide you pictures if you want but its healed now. What happen is that, my skin kept getting ripped apart at spots where i hold my racket. Its up to the point where I have had to give up using my Ultra pro because it hurt so much i couldn't even hold my racket properly. Is it because i've played with the Karakal grip for too long that my hands aren't use to Yonex Super grap? Keep in mind, before the Karakal grip, i ALWAYS used Yonex Super Grap and everytime i change the grip this always happens (example, blister and skin ripping, but this disappears after a week or so and I am able to use my grip) Furthermore, would grip powder or whatever help my hands? or could someone explain what the grip powder does? You might say, my not stick with the Karakal grip.. but the grip is REALLY thick, which i like for comfort but doesn't it affect your game? my buddy told me that because i use more of my arm power rather than just wrist, that i should be using the a thick grip.. is this true?

It would be great if someone could recommend me a grip haha. I guess i sweat a lot, but my hands are also very dry? this might be the reason im getting some many blisters and skin ripping? or is it just the friction? Should i lotion my hands before i play? i thought about that but the racket might slip out of my hand and hit someone :p

THANKS!

2. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    JukUx, i believe you facing the same problems like mines, i usually have blister in my little finger, ring finger and thumbs, and im using karakal pu super grip, maybe the grip wasn't the factor for this problem..my problem solve by wrapping athletic tapes to that particular area.. maybe you can try it .. wrap as minimal as u can, so u wouldn't loose your normal contac fell with the grip. i just applying one layer to the particular area just to avoid the excessive contact of the area with the grip and i also had try karakal grip powder before this. and its not help with the blister and skin ripping and come the athletic tape save the day.

3. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Hey Awekuda!

I got my blisters on my index finger, right below my ring finger and on my thumb lol man! i tried using athletic tapes, but it just comes off lol. i might try doing an over grip or something :/

4. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    JukUx,
    You realy got strong grip ...event athletic tape couldn't stand it lol... maybe you can try the grip powder in that case.... or maybe the case only happen to freshly wrap grip with i believe their tackiness at the highest.

5. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Awekuda,
    Yeah, i grip my racket very hard! >.< i can't help it lol always ready to place down a thundering smash lol :D i guess i'll go buy some grip powder if i can find it lol D: and i know before its because of the fresh grip.. but hopefully this goes away >.< so i can play with and practice more with my Ultra Pro v_v