User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kepong, KL
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Shoes for Flat Foot

    hey guys just wanna know wats the best shoe for a flat footed player.....

    or should i just get a normal shoe and just dump in a pair of insoles

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    beware of dumping custom made insoles in your shoes.. badminton is fairly impact intensive so they can destroy your insoles (which can be VERY expensive)

    I'm flat footed, but not that severe... I just use the factory insoles.. only problem is I tend to wear out the region around the big toe area (don't know whether that has to do with flat-footedness though.. ) :P

  3. #3
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,180
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winn108 View Post
    beware of dumping custom made insoles in your shoes.. badminton is fairly impact intensive so they can destroy your insoles (which can be VERY expensive)

    I'm flat footed, but not that severe... I just use the factory insoles.. only problem is I tend to wear out the region around the big toe area (don't know whether that has to do with flat-footedness though.. ) :P
    For the sake of not having painful feet from playing badminton, I know I would rather spend the $$ and use a custom orthotic, knowing that it will need to be replaced in a year or two.

    That's the price we pay for having flat feet.

  4. #4
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,180
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinn View Post
    hey guys just wanna know wats the best shoe for a flat footed player.....

    or should i just get a normal shoe and just dump in a pair of insoles
    Get the yonex shb200's, remove the insoles and put your custom orthotic in there. These shoes are slightly wider to fit better to people with wide and flat feet.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kepong, KL
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    am using 101-ltd with an ortophedic sports insole though.....

    dun think i can afford a custom insole

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    254
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For flat-footers, I wonder if anyone of you have experienced a swollen joint on the big toe area due to overplay/overwork? I thought it was some kind of arthritis called gout but my blood test came out normal. Wonder if it could due to my shoes. I think Asics is pretty good for flat-footers. Have switched to Adidas and Mizuno now and there comes the pain for me

  7. #7
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,180
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghooga View Post
    For flat-footers, I wonder if anyone of you have experienced a swollen joint on the big toe area due to overplay/overwork? I thought it was some kind of arthritis called gout but my blood test came out normal. Wonder if it could due to my shoes. I think Asics is pretty good for flat-footers. Have switched to Adidas and Mizuno now and there comes the pain for me
    That's called a bunion. Due to fallen arches, so the metatarsals are splayed out and the 1st MT joint sticks out like that.

    Only cure is to support the arch with orthotics, preferably custom.

    Also make sure your shoes are wide enough that it doesn't impinge on the bunion. The shb 200's fit that criteria.

Similar Threads

  1. Best Shoes for Wide flat Feet
    By mamma in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 13
    : 10-18-2012, 03:16 PM
  2. Best Shoes for Wide flat Feet
    By mamma in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 0
    : 03-20-2012, 12:55 AM
  3. About flat foot and badminton
    By Vodude in forum Injuries
    Replies: 25
    : 04-17-2010, 01:48 PM
  4. Badminton Shoes for Flat-foot
    By acwong in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 3
    : 12-19-2008, 10:05 AM
  5. Budget Shoes with insoles? for flat, wide feet?
    By goku999 in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 0
    : 08-15-2008, 11:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •