string tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by maxxcavalera, Jan 11, 2011.

1. maxxcavalera

maxxcavalera Regular Member

Customer Service Assistant
    Hi to all badminton fans,im a newbie here so sorry for my bad english...:eek: lately i just bought a Yonex armortec 70mega g2,the question here is how minimum can i string it,i was plan to strung it at 26lbs is it ok????

2. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Welcome to this site. U will get much info from here and hope that one day u contribute too.

Your question is not clear: 26lbs is situated in the current upper half of higher tensions. On this racket I think one can go down to 22lbs safely. Minimum would be anything u care to put whereas MAXIMUM is another matter. Yonex rackets are rarely rated over 24lbs. Check on the conical cap. Next to know if your racket is genuine too. Post on : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?235-Identify-Fake-Racket
    Good luck

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    is there a reason you want to string at 26lbs? that's a pretty high tension suitable for advanced players with strong arms and good techniques. the racket is a mid-low end racket and that doesn't match the desire to do high/advanced tension.

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    You can string it up to 26lbs but you have no warranty. If you have a bad stringer the racket can be damaged during the stringing job. If you want to be save string with 24 lbs. It's a good tension. You can go higher but the warranty is lost and look for a good stringer. Next time you should buy a brand which gives you a warranty above 26lbs or more to be save.