User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShuttlerSmash11 View Post
    Can You Smash Hard With Your Current Tension Of 25? Because I'm Planning To Lessen My Tension To Increase The Speed Of My Weak Smash... Can You Advice Me What To Do, Am' I Goin To Lessen My Tension To Hit A Good Smash? Can You Tell Me What Tension Should I Use?
    With your current tension, can you clear and lift high and far enough into the farthest backline? If you can do those without fail (or needing to reach near 100% of power generation) then your string tension is adequate or slightly lower than optimum.

You gauge the string tension which is adequate for you by judging how much energy you need to clear and lift high into the end backline. When you require 100% of energy generation to clear to the very end of the backline especially with an over the head clear then the tension you're using is at your optimum.

If you experience the situations I described above then you can only blame the "The Speed Of [Your] Weak Smash" on your smashing technique, which has near zero relation to your string tension. A slow smash is the cause of you not transferring adequate power from your hips and thighs (quadrucep muscles) into hitting the shuttle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like they have said, technique is the important thing, my friend strung his racquet at 18lbs and his smash is the fastest among all of my friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's mainly technique because im only 15 and i can smash more powerful than alot of the adult in my league and im in league 3, i can smash with nearly any tension but they are always faster with a tighter tension, i think it's just your technique tbh, i havent realy had smashing practice but my coach always makes us play matches with my friends so i can practice them mid match and it has realy worked, but im an agressive player anyway so i do alot of smashing in the first place.

i would recomend that you play with a friend for about 1-2 hours, twice a weak and in a few weeks you will have good smashes and i would recomend a tension you are comfortable with so you can practice other shots aswell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would consider myself a power player more than a finesse player... I personally prefer 23 - 24lbs...

What I found with higher tension (26lbs) is that I have to swing a LOT faster to generate power because too often the bird bounced off already... With lower tension (18lbs - 20lbs), I hit the bird really hard but it isn't fast at all... Guess some of the power is loss on contact when the string contacts the birdie...

But that's just my theory and my technique (or lack there of :P)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShuttlerSmash11 View Post
    My Current Tension is 24, but i can't hit a very powerful smash... That's why i'm thinking if s should use lower tension...
    What string do you use?
    How long ago did you string the racquet? How often do you play?
    All these issues will also determine why you are losing the ability to smash with your racquet now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2