User Tag List

Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    bingo!

MOI is the proper way to measure head-heaviness!
    even though i question why they hang the racket at the string and swing the handle. i'd hang it at the handle and swing the head instead!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Kwun for the review. Can u advise if BS12 or SW37 which I am considering, is a good companion for MX80? After getting tired using MX80 in a session, I would like to a less demanding racket. That's why I am considering SW37 which is med stiff but still can generate power. Or is BS12 or BS11 is worth considering also? Hope to hear from u or anyone who has experience in using MX80. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have similar experience as you with mx80...that's why I'm looking forward to the mx70!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

even though i question why they hang the racket at the string and swing the handle. i'd hang it at the handle and swing the head instead!
    Yeah kinda counterintuitive. But I think being a stiff pendulum system, it won't matter as the racket will swing the same upside down or right side up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Yeah kinda counterintuitive. But I think being a stiff pendulum system, it won't matter as the racket will swing the same upside down or right side up.
    i think it does and that's the crucial part. the mass nearer to the pivot has the least contribution to the MOI, but with the pivot at the string, then the mass at the grip will contribute the most to the MOI. which is the reverse.

it may be due to that it is tennis where the swing is arm base instead of wrist. for badminton this is definitely wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    Thanks Kwun for the review. Can u advise if BS12 or SW37 which I am considering, is a good companion for MX80? After getting tired using MX80 in a session, I would like to a less demanding racket. That's why I am considering SW37 which is med stiff but still can generate power. Or is BS12 or BS11 is worth considering also? Hope to hear from u or anyone who has experience in using MX80. Thanks.
    the SW37 i have tried felt more demanding than the MX80. the BS12 for sure is a less demanding racket but also feel slightly lighter and less powerful. so there is definitely a tradeoff there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i think it does and that's the crucial part. the mass nearer to the pivot has the least contribution to the MOI, but with the pivot at the string, then the mass at the grip will contribute the most to the MOI. which is the reverse.

it may be due to that it is tennis where the swing is arm base instead of wrist. for badminton this is definitely wrong.
    kwun,
    I've been wondering about the string hanging part and I think I've finally figured it out!

It's because tennis rackets are considered even balance when the bp is smack in the middle, ie 13.5 inches out of the total 27 inch length. Hence for tennis rackets, it doesn't really matter whether you hang it by the string or the butt end.

However, badminton rackets are considered even balance when the bp is around 280-285mm out of the total 675mm length. Hence most of the mass is on the head side of the bp, so you're right... badminton rackets have to be hung by the butt end to determine the swing weight and MOI.

Edit: wait a minute, I think I'm confusing myself... for badminton rackets most of the mass is on the butt end, if the bp is closer to the butt end than the middle. So, it should be hung by the strings with the butt end at the bottom.

I'm gonna have to try it both ways and see...
    Last edited by visor; 09-08-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the SW37 i have tried felt more demanding than the MX80. the BS12 for sure is a less demanding racket but also feel slightly lighter and less powerful. so there is definitely a tradeoff there.
    Hi Kwun. I wonder why sw37 is more demanding than MX80 since it is lighter? Can u share with us or a short review of sw37?I think it will be appropriate for u to share in the thread of review of SW37. Thanks & looking forward to hear from u

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I also feel that sw37 is very demanding due to it's small sweet spot. Imop, playing w/ at700 is easier than sw37. But, when you hit the sweet spot, you'll really unleash your smash power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by todjo View Post
    Yes, I also feel that sw37 is very demanding due to it's small sweet spot. Imop, playing w/ at700 is easier than sw37. But, when you hit the sweet spot, you'll really unleash your smash power.
    wonder what make the sweet spot small in sw37?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, bcoz sw37 still using old grommet pattern & smaller head size compared to yy at700. But, don't get me wrong. I like this racket. Very good for defence & drop shot.
    Yesterday, I play w/ wilson jet-blx (670mm long), then I use sw37 the next game. I was surprised.. great smash!!
    I start to think... maybe the sweet spot is not smaller but placed a little bit lower than other racket/brand (i.e. yonex at700). I'm still wondering....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    wonder what make the sweet spot small in sw37?
    Hi bro, try it 1st seriously and decide it will not disappoint u. I really feel strange some says the sw37 is demanding as I don't have a powerful hand but yet I feel so comfortable with it. Bs12 is good, very fast! But I personally feel very less powerful. Played 3 hours yesterday with no prob at all maybe u should try for few hours to get a good judgement on it. Again, i sold off arc10 and v70 as I couldn't handle them. Reliased Korean female uses bs12 as well, few of them. Probably it's really a user friendly racket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, at the moment I use an ARC10 which i've been using now for around 2 years now. It's nice but I feel its a bit stiff for me. Some nights I struggle to smash hard and others my smash is quite good. After reading through this whole thread I am very close to ordering a BS12 now. I want a racquet that is a bit more flexible than my ARC10, but still with a lot of power. I play mostly doubles and don't like head heavy racquets. Likewise I've tried my friends NS9900 and that is too stiff for me and slightly head light. I know the only way is to try racquets but in the UK that is difficult so I will have to order and try (then return if I don't like it). Does it sound like the BS12 is my sort of racquet? Also I see it is 94g on the brochure, is it heavier than most racquets or is it not noticeable?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default thank to y'all for worshipping BS 12

Hey I just wonder how u guys overcome to time hitting point.... (specially on smash) It is so light or too less air resistence. I usually like to hit it down with my beloved Wilson BLX Recon.

Before my review has began, I have BS 12 from Eu(code says DEF?) strung with Ashaway Micro Flex 21 @ abt 21lbs.

Both of Recon and BS 12 are medium flex and head light (or even balance). When I smash, I have a habbit of squzeeing grip really hard (I heard it is Fu Heifeng Swing or Bao Chun Lai Swing)- anyways, it was effective for me to smash down. But this BS12 has nothing to squzee. I know Lee Yong Dae makes good speed with BS09 and Jung Jae Sung can bend BS12 very well. I keep hitting a shuttle with the top of the head.

I also notice the shuttle tends to flatten in defense. Retrieving shots are not easy with this one. I could not generate enough power regarding the timing issue or my gripping method.

In defense and net area, I was very comfortable. I was able to direct with no problem.

Can someone please teach me how to time on smash with BS12?
    I am thinking to change a string to thinner one with higher tension in order to increase the repulsive. I know Lee Yong Dae string his BS09 at 31lbs. I will try Ashaway Zymax 62 at 24, because I haven't gone to higher tension than 23. Please, gimme some feadbacks if I am going to the right direction!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ With a head light balance racket that is med flex for smashes, you can't use much power from your shoulders. You need to use a "whipping" action with your arm and forearm to create racket acceleration and max speed at point of strike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^^ With a head light balance racket that is med flex for smashes, you can't use much power from your shoulders. You need to use a "whipping" action with your arm and forearm to create racket acceleration and max speed at point of strike.
    Yes, my arm and elbow are quite sored after trying to adjust to BS12. I could not whip it with right time and right placement of contact point.

I am gonna try with a thicker grip and thinner string.
    I hope I find more to squizee. My hands are so wierd these days. I am 21 year old guy. My hands get sweaty someday or dry someday. They used to be sweaty all the time.

Do you recommand any other sponge overgrip than Gamma Super overgrip(cheaper than $5 usd)? I bought a bunch of towel grips... what a waste... I actually have Karakal Air point 75. I just need a sponge... advise needed and will be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ Maybe others can correct me, but imo, going thicker grip is going to tense up your forearm muscles more, which is the opposite of what you want. What you want is to have relaxed muscles in your forearm (imagine your forearm and racket as an extension of a whip system) in order for the whipping action to be effective.

You only "squeeze" your grip and tighten your forearm muscles right at impact, not before nor after.

Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast