User Tag List

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 613 to 629 of 816
  1. #613
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,734
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
    You may well be right but its more wood for the fire. But how come these special rackets are coded KR..P ?
    To allocate them to the right people/teams? Yonex rackets also have player codes like CP (CH), MA, IN, GP (GR), DP (DK). My presumption is that they are specs the local distributor doesn't stock (for the European anyway). Say Yonex UK only has a 4UG4 and a player prefers a 3UG3 or G5 they might send a special request and mark them with a UP code (not that I've heard of that particular one). Thinking along these lines since the 4UG4 of Boe and Gade are regular DK code and happen to be the spec that is available in Denmark.
    I know someone on BC has some of the GP codes but never released any details about them ...
    But most players are nowhere near as fussy as the average BC'er (in specified numerical details anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by stang1 View Post
    Ill be honest, having owning 2 of the KRP's, original BS12 in blue(sold) and 3 BS12N's, i can safely say that there is a difference.

    The BS12KRP's are definitely more head heavy, more robust in build and stiffer compared to the normal BS12. You can feel the difference in heaviness once you hold the KRPs.

    Now, The BS12N however is tricky. It definitely feels stiffer than the normal BS12, but somehow gives a vibe that it is more headlight? Thats just my personal uptake on the racquets.

    Overall in all, The BS12KRP is a nicer racquet to play with. FYI, I have strung all my racquets with 25lbs-27lbs of NS30 string and stringer. weight wise, they are all around 1-2g difference in weight, mainly the BS12N being off the chart of 3g over my lowest weighed BS12s

    FYI, my 3rd unpictured BS12N is 240753. So I presume I have significantly reduce most of the possibly factors to gain a unbiased view of the racquets. Then again, this is a personal interpretation from owning these racquets.

    http://tinypic.com/r/2lnxo93/5 => do not know why image isnt showing.
    Others also mention the BS12N feels a little more headlight compared to the commercial blue one (but probably more so because that particular racket was slightly lighter and no difference in stiffness) so did you ever have a commercial BS12 blue?
    Just reading back, j4ckie measured his "commercial" at ~295mm (which is hardly the 297 vs 288mm portrayal in the KRP SOSA shop thread). Others a guestimated 300mm and a measured 299mm ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 06-23-2013 at 08:59 PM.

  2. #614
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    KRP is supposedly 297mm +/- 2mm.

  3. #615
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,734
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The 295,300 and 299 are not for KRP rackets, just to clarify. And also to clarify that my reasoning about the Yonex (euro) *P codes are unrelated to Victor's use of special serials
    I think I did notice some difference in the BKA logo on the KRP ones though ... and who knows they (SOSA) might just mean it is stiffer than a TW coded one(?)(what is the dot allocation?).

    Funny to note though that the Victor KRP are supposed to be stiffer and the Yonex KP ones were supposed to be more flexible (and the CP stiffer and heavier)
    Last edited by demolidor; 06-23-2013 at 09:18 PM.

  4. #616
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also the krp bs12 specs state that the highest tension it can hold is 35bls..rather than the normal 30bls.also if you see the pic before,the kba logo printed is also different between the krp and normal unit of victor rackets.

  5. #617
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,734
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xianxun View Post
    Also the krp bs12 specs state that the highest tension it can hold is 35bls..rather than the normal 30bls.also if you see the pic before,the kba logo printed is also different between the krp and normal unit of victor rackets.
    The only clear logo difference was on the SW35 as far as the SOSA pics are concerned. Also the 35lbs is only in word so far and is also mentioned for BS10 KRP, yet the pic of the cone only has it printed as 30lbs. The stiffness indicator also attempts to show a difference but the non-TW commercial spec was already 5 dots ...


    Name:  1245967468-ac-2001xf8x0600x0451-m.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  41.3 KB

    But I'll be happy to finally see some user pics of the BS12 KRP that our BC'ers have so generously shared up till now

  6. #618
    Regular Member Ch1k0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    639
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Uhm those are BS11 btw xD

  7. #619
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    The only clear logo difference was on the SW35 as far as the SOSA pics are concerned. Also the 35lbs is only in word so far and is also mentioned for BS10 KRP, yet the pic of the cone only has it printed as 30lbs. The stiffness indicator also attempts to show a difference but the non-TW commercial spec was already 5 dots ...


    Name:  1245967468-ac-2001xf8x0600x0451-m.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  41.3 KB

    But I'll be happy to finally see some user pics of the BS12 KRP that our BC'ers have so generously shared up till now
    I've posted the pics in my linky, seems that I can't upload it for some reason. Maybe file too large? Will re attempt. And yes, I've owned a normal bs12 in blue.

  8. #620
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Name:  BS12.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  57.3 KB

    FYI, my 3rd unpictured BS12N is 240753. So I presume I have significantly reduce most of the possibly factors to gain a unbiased view of the racquets. Then again, this is a personal interpretation from owning these racquets.
    Above is the pic resized. specs is exactly the same as the BS12/ BS12N. I am definitely certain that the BS12N is not the same racquet as the BS12 that I had, nor are any 3 different codes the same in quality. just my $0.02

  9. #621
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,212
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was all set on getting a BS12 KRP from SOSA (when they had plenty) but was put off once I saw the BP was 297 +/-2mm.

    It sounds like it's just a BS-LYD painted to look like a BS12?

    I have a BSLYD which I find a little too head heavy for my liking, so was hoping the BS12KRP would be a stiffer version of the BS12, which it isn't.

    Still, if it plays as well as you guys say it does, I might still be tempted to get one... that's if they are still available.

    Where can I buy one from these days?

    I sent a PM to Ben (UK Victor retailer) to see if he can get them but was ignored.

  10. #622
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,734
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ch1k0 View Post
    Uhm those are BS11 btw xD
    The famous one with the black stock grip you mean?
    http://www.victorsport.com/product_detail_1083.html

    Quote Originally Posted by stang1 View Post
    Name:  BS12.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  57.3 KBAbove is the pic resized. specs is exactly the same as the BS12/ BS12N. I am definitely certain that the BS12N is not the same racquet as the BS12 that I had, nor are any 3 different codes the same in quality. just my $0.02
    Yes I saw that one, but it is just a pic of the numbers. Meant some overall snaps of the racket and the other side of the cone, BKA logo's side by side maybe with the BS12N

    Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    I was all set on getting a BS12 KRP from SOSA (when they had plenty) but was put off once I saw the BP was 297 +/-2mm.

    It sounds like it's just a BS-LYD painted to look like a BS12?

    I have a BSLYD which I find a little too head heavy for my liking, so was hoping the BS12KRP would be a stiffer version of the BS12, which it isn't.

    Still, if it plays as well as you guys say it does, I might still be tempted to get one... that's if they are still available.

    Where can I buy one from these days?

    I sent a PM to Ben (UK Victor retailer) to see if he can get them but was ignored.
    Extremely doubtful he can get them as he is restricted to Victor International based in Germany. Thought I saw one user saying it is pretty darn close to the LYD ...
    Didn't see any BS12 KRP at the SOSA Yahoo auction so perhaps in Korea but those are impossible to get without some help and probably cost quite a lot more than what SOSA was asking for which is quite reasonable .
    Last edited by demolidor; 06-24-2013 at 05:52 AM.

  11. #623
    Regular Member diverdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's an interesting topic. There are a couple of questions which should be answered to clear this up.

    1) Are the KRP versions manufactured with different specs or selected from the normal BS12 factory line?

    2) Why aren't these specs readily available?

  12. #624
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,725
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Production is aimed towards the 'common' target specs, and most pros use a severely off-spec version. Assuming a bell curve for the specs, those kinda specs are probably less than 3% of rackets produced.
    Going by just how many rackets International players have, they use up a big part of those (I assume Ko/Lee will travel with 10-12 rackets each, to have 5-8 strung for matches.....and break a couple every month. TBH was reported to break 1 Ti-10 per week in training, for example).

    As to why the racket isn't produced that way on purpose - then it'd be a blue/black BS LYD, basically
    They're just using the pros to promote it (Bs12), and tbh, for roughly 60-70% of players it's the better racket because of the difference in stiffness. Imop you don't need a racket that's stiffer than the Bs12 if you string with less than 25-26lbs (depending on the string, more with the thick ones). You're giving away so much control by using those soft strings that a stiff shaft won't help you much.

  13. #625
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Production is aimed towards the 'common' target specs, and most pros use a severely off-spec version. Assuming a bell curve for the specs, those kinda specs are probably less than 3% of rackets produced.
    Going by just how many rackets International players have, they use up a big part of those (I assume Ko/Lee will travel with 10-12 rackets each, to have 5-8 strung for matches.....and break a couple every month. TBH was reported to break 1 Ti-10 per week in training, for example).

    As to why the racket isn't produced that way on purpose - then it'd be a blue/black BS LYD, basically
    They're just using the pros to promote it (Bs12), and tbh, for roughly 60-70% of players it's the better racket because of the difference in stiffness. Imop you don't need a racket that's stiffer than the Bs12 if you string with less than 25-26lbs (depending on the string, more with the thick ones). You're giving away so much control by using those soft strings that a stiff shaft won't help you much.
    If they break a couple every month then why is the blue bs12 still available...since victor has already stop prodiction for the blue ones..

  14. #626
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As far as I'm aware, no blue BS12 are in production anymore. Only what's left of the old stock and KR codes.

  15. #627
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Quebec City
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    They're just using the pros to promote it (Bs12), and tbh, for roughly 60-70% of players it's the better racket because of the difference in stiffness. Imop you don't need a racket that's stiffer than the Bs12 if you string with less than 25-26lbs (depending on the string, more with the thick ones). You're giving away so much control by using those soft strings that a stiff shaft won't help you much.
    I think it might be the other way around. With rackets that can take 30+lbs without problem, you do not need a racket that is as stiff.

  16. #628
    Regular Member diverdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SOSA has just listed 2 KRP BS12. Current price was about 350 each. Well out of my price bracket. I won't be buying a normal BS12 so back to the drawing board!

    Interesting spec and details part though. Here are some of the more interesting bits which should answer some of your questions!


    Balance: 297 +/-2
    Max warranty tension: 35lbs

    Ive pasted the links to the auction sites that SOSA put up on its facebook page so you can see more.

    http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21306259797056

    http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b93672668
    Last edited by diverdan; 06-25-2013 at 12:33 PM.

  17. #629
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's only $123 USD. What currency are you converting from? It should be NTD.

Similar Threads

  1. Brave Sword 10 Review
    By Jayssen in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 278
    : 03-12-2014, 01:30 PM
  2. FS: Victor Brave Sword 09, Brave Sword 10 & Artery Tec Ti99
    By ping8447 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 04-23-2013, 08:44 AM
  3. Victor Brave Sword LYD vs Brave Sword 12 (specs not right?)
    By Shoutsu in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 16
    : 08-19-2012, 11:37 AM
  4. Victor Brave Sword 08 review
    By ck1981 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 27
    : 12-01-2011, 01:03 PM
  5. FS: Victor Brave Sword 11 (BS11) & Brave Sword (BS08) - MY
    By blkhtm in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 11
    : 02-11-2011, 10:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •